Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Liver Pate

On 11/17/2011 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> The idea is to just take the bite off of the onion and garlic, not
> cook them. And most of the thyme will stick to the livers and onions.
> Or you can add that later if you want. But I do tend to trust Jacques
> Pépin over unsolicited advice on the Internet.
>
> http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/c...ate-march-2007

Excuse me for living. If you don't want unsolicited advice, don't post
to a newsgroup.

>> I also don't bother brining chicken
>> livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

> Don't knock what you've never tried. I find that brining them helps
> keep them smooth and creamy, even when I broil them and make rumaki
> (since they tend to overcook in that prep).

You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 1:28*pm, Pennyaline >
wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > The idea is to just take the bite off of the onion and garlic, not
> > cook them. *And most of the thyme will stick to the livers and onions..
> > Or you can add that later if you want. *But I do tend to trust Jacques
> > Pépin over unsolicited advice on the Internet.

> >http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/c...ate-march-2007

> Excuse me for living. If you don't want unsolicited advice, don't post
> to a newsgroup.
>
> >> I also don't bother brining chicken
> >> livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

> > Don't knock what you've never tried. *I find that brining them helps
> > keep them smooth and creamy, even when I broil them and make rumaki
> > (since they tend to overcook in that prep).

> You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?

That's what little Sqwertsy does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/17/2011 3:20 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> If I wanted your opinion, I would have told you what it is.

You'd have told me what my opinion is? Never mind. I don't want an
opinion that badly.

> But as it
> was, I wasn't asking for opinions. I was offering a recipe.
> How is that an invitation for opinions? Just because its common on
> usenet, usually by rude people, doesn't make it right.

And as it was, I was just offering my opinion. Take it or leave it.

> If you see somebody walking down the street and you don't think
> they're walking right, do you stop them and tell them how to walk?
> After all, they are walking in public and that gives you the right to
> tell them how to walk.

You know, for someone who woke up with a knife and a kielbasa this
morning, you're awfully quick to judge other people!

> If Jaques Pepin (or any other person you don't know) is giving a
> cooking demonstration at the mall, do you wait until he's done and
> then lecture him about how he did it all wrong? Assuming your answer
> is no, then why not?
>
> So why is Usenet any different?

I didn't lecture you, kielbasa boy. I told you how I do it. Too much for
you? Sucks to be you--terribly, evidently.

>> You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?

> Because if you HAD tried it, you would have noticed that extra
> moisture keeps them from getting crumbly and grainy. And you wouldn't
> be insisting that the only way to keep them creamy is not to overcook
> them.

There you are assuming again. They don't need brining to stay moist. How
do I know? I brine!

<everything but chicken livers, and kielbasa>