Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Better than Better Cheddar

I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
spread.
http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar

It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.

It was really hard to mix together.

I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen mixer/dough
hook.

Any ideas?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
>I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
>spread.
> http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar
>
> It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
> instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.
>
> It was really hard to mix together.
>
> I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen mixer/dough
> hook.
>
> Any ideas?

how cool was the shredded cheese?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>>I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
>>spread.
>> http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar
>>
>> It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
>> instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.
>>
>> It was really hard to mix together.
>>
>> I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen
>> mixer/dough hook.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> how cool was the shredded cheese?

The cheese was taken directly from the refrigerator. I also shredded the
gouda the previous day.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message

> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>>>I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a
>>>cheese spread.
>>> http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar
>>>
>>> It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
>>> instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.
>>>
>>> It was really hard to mix together.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen
>>> mixer/dough hook.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> how cool was the shredded cheese?

> The cheese was taken directly from the refrigerator. I also shredded the
> gouda the previous day.

well, then the cheese was too cool.