Old 30-10-2011, 03:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Better than Better Cheddar

I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
spread.
http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar

It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.

It was really hard to mix together.

I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen mixer/dough
hook.

Any ideas?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 30-10-2011, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
spread.
http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar

It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.

It was really hard to mix together.

I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen mixer/dough
hook.

Any ideas?

how cool was the shredded cheese?

Old 30-10-2011, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a cheese
spread.
http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar

It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.

It was really hard to mix together.

I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen
mixer/dough hook.

Any ideas?

how cool was the shredded cheese?

The cheese was taken directly from the refrigerator. I also shredded the
gouda the previous day.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 31-10-2011, 12:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I made this New Orleans recipe 'Better than Better Cheddar'. It's a
cheese spread.
http://countryroadsmagazine.com/Appe...better-cheddar

It contains two pounds of cheese. Also included in the recipe is
instructions for making 1 and 1/2 cups of Creole mayonaisse.

It was really hard to mix together.

I'm thinking I need to add more mayo, or mix it with a kitchen
mixer/dough hook.

Any ideas?

how cool was the shredded cheese?

The cheese was taken directly from the refrigerator. I also shredded the
gouda the previous day.

well, then the cheese was too cool.