Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Cookin' for a buddy

Yo to all, Some of you old timers on the newsgroup
probably remember my reputation for stating I will
cook anything on my smoker but the three Ps;
Possum, Pigeons or someone's Pet. My buddies here
in the 'burg have often heard me make this boast.
What I am about to relate is something that
actually happened.

Last week at our weekly horseshoe pitching meeting
I had a friend who asked me if I could cook
donkey. He explained to me that he had been given
a donkey and he put it in his field to mingle with
the herd of cattle that he owned. My friend said
that donkey had harassed the cattle and had killed
a newborn calf. This left him with no choice but
to put the donkey down, so he did so in a humane
manner.

So my buddy asked me, "BarbieQ, do you think you
could cook donkey? How would you do it?"

I thought about it and this was my reply. "I would
filet out the backstrap, inject it with that
marinade I use for venison, apply that same
venison rub and cook it on the smoker until it hit
145 degrees. Then I would cover the roast in raw
onions."

My buddy asked why the raw onions. I replied, "So
you could say that you had a piece of ass that was
so good it made your eyes water!"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:04:12 -0400, Barbie Q wrote:
>
> > Yo to all, Some of you old timers on the newsgroup
> > probably remember my reputation...

> No. I sure don't.

I'm drawing a blank, too. Might you have
had a colonoscopy recently?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 29, 6:04*pm, "Barbie Q" > wrote:
> Yo to all, Some of you old timers on the newsgroup
> probably remember my reputation for stating I will
> cook anything on my smoker but the three Ps;

It was "would _cook_ anything" ? Not how I vaguely don't remember
it.

Good joke anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Barbie Q wrote:

> So my buddy asked me, "BarbieQ, do you think you
> could cook donkey? How would you do it?"

Years ago I had burro chilli and burro-itoes. Nice flavor. Much in the
same range as beef or venison. Caution - California bans horse for
human consumption. If you're there beware your feast may be "void where
prohibited by law" as close enough to a horse to count.

> My buddy asked why the raw onions. I replied, "So
> you could say that you had a piece of ass that was
> so good it made your eyes water!"

It's a classic joke - What do you get when you cross a burro and an
onion?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On 29-Mar-2011, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:04:12 -0400, Barbie Q wrote:
> >
> > > Yo to all, Some of you old timers on the newsgroup
> > > probably remember my reputation...

> > No. I sure don't.

> I'm drawing a blank, too. Might you have
> had a colonoscopy recently?

I don't remember any Barbie Q, but I've only been here about
eight years. I'm not an old timer yet.

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)

rice buddy Richard K. General Cooking 19 14-11-2012 03:11 AM
Cookin' for a buddy bbq Barbecue 10 18-04-2011 12:35 AM
t-buddy darawen littlestich Tea 1 06-12-2007 06:15 PM
Buddy's BBQ in Wildwood bk Barbecue 0 03-10-2005 07:51 PM
San Diego Cookin (Okay, Poway Cookin) 2 REC Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 16 24-06-2004 01:34 AM