Old 19-12-2010, 05:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Making no flour peanut butter cookies..

These are ridiculously fast and easy. I'll add the hershey's kiss to
the top..

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.

Mix 3 ingredients together. Roll into small balls and place evenly on
cookie sheet. Take a fork and flatten tops to form the criss cross
pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 8-12 minutes.

--
Currently reading: Finals over! Yay for an A in organic chem and a B in
Human Anatomy and Physiology. Now what to read?

Old 19-12-2010, 06:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2010 09:40 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
These are ridiculously fast and easy.

Yep, and I almost always have the stuff around to make them with, unlike
some other cookies.

I'll add the hershey's kiss to the
top..

Hmmmm.

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

snip

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
Old 19-12-2010, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2010 11:40 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
These are ridiculously fast and easy. I'll add the hershey's kiss to
the top..

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.

Mix 3 ingredients together. Roll into small balls and place evenly on
cookie sheet. Take a fork and flatten tops to form the criss cross
pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 8-12 minutes.

I also add some baking soda. (can't remember how much; maybe 1/2 tsp
for that size recipe)

Bob

Old 19-12-2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2010 5:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
On 12/19/2010 12:58 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
On 12/19/2010 11:40 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
These are ridiculously fast and easy. I'll add the hershey's kiss to
the top..

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.

Mix 3 ingredients together. Roll into small balls and place evenly on
cookie sheet. Take a fork and flatten tops to form the criss cross
pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 8-12 minutes.

I also add some baking soda. (can't remember how much; maybe 1/2 tsp
for that size recipe)

Bob

Thanks!

Becca

I've never added baking soda...they puff up adequately from the egg.
The point is to keep it simple.

Old 20-12-2010, 06:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:40:54 -0500, ravenlynne
wrote:

hese are ridiculously fast and easy. I'll add the hershey's kiss to
the top..

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.

Mix 3 ingredients together. Roll into small balls and place evenly on
cookie sheet. Take a fork and flatten tops to form the criss cross

I've seen this before - I wanted to make it but never did, thanks for
the reminder!

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 20-12-2010, 06:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:04:31 -0500, ravenlynne
wrote:

I've never added baking soda...they puff up adequately from the egg.
The point is to keep it simple.

I'm wondering what baking soda is supposed to do.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I've never added baking soda...they puff up adequately from the egg.
The point is to keep it simple.

I'm wondering what baking soda is supposed to do.

I would assume it's to make them rise? I have no idea, to me it's just
unnecessary. But YMMV.

Old 20-12-2010, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I've never added baking soda...they puff up adequately from the egg.
The point is to keep it simple.

I'm wondering what baking soda is supposed to do.

I would assume it's to make them rise? I have no idea, to me it's just
unnecessary. But YMMV.

Okay, I made them last night and pretty much followed the recipe. I
didn't see any puffiness from the egg, they didn't spread and the
cookie is crumbly from the gitgo - but oh, man are they ever
delicious! I'll make them again. I used chunky peanut butter,
shorted the sugar by 1/4 C and added some vanilla. They are peanut
butter crack. I ate one as soon as I got up and can see myself eating
one every time I pass by the cookie jar.

Whatever you do. DO NOT overcook them. The first batch took 9-10
minutes. never looked brown on the bottom and didn't change color at
all on top either. In the morning light, I can see that they are a
*very* light brown on their bottoms. I turned up the heat for the
last batch (which was only 7 cookies, thank goodness), cooked them for
8 minutes on convect and managed to burn them around the edges. As
soft as they seem when they come out of the oven, the cookies are
crispy when cool.

I'd say that if you use a 1 inch "disher", you'll get two dozen
cookies - give or take.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I've never added baking soda...they puff up adequately from the egg.
The point is to keep it simple.

I'm wondering what baking soda is supposed to do.

I would assume it's to make them rise? I have no idea, to me it's just
unnecessary. But YMMV.

Okay, I made them last night and pretty much followed the recipe. I
didn't see any puffiness from the egg, they didn't spread and the
cookie is crumbly from the gitgo - but oh, man are they ever
delicious! I'll make them again. I used chunky peanut butter,
shorted the sugar by 1/4 C and added some vanilla. They are peanut
butter crack. I ate one as soon as I got up and can see myself eating
one every time I pass by the cookie jar.

I put the extra sugar and they are chewy. Could be the humidity here too.

Whatever you do. DO NOT overcook them.

This is so true!

The first batch took 9-10
minutes. never looked brown on the bottom and didn't change color at
all on top either. In the morning light, I can see that they are a
*very* light brown on their bottoms. I turned up the heat for the
last batch (which was only 7 cookies, thank goodness), cooked them for
8 minutes on convect and managed to burn them around the edges. As
soft as they seem when they come out of the oven, the cookies are
crispy when cool.

I had this problem the first time I made them...they don't really change
color.

I'd say that if you use a 1 inch "disher", you'll get two dozen
cookies - give or take.

That's about what I got...I just rolled into one inch balls. I'm
unfamiliar with a "disher".

Old 20-12-2010, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:31:16 -0500, ravenlynne
wrote:

That's about what I got...I just rolled into one inch balls. I'm
unfamiliar with a "disher".

It looks like an ice cream scoop.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

hese are ridiculously fast and easy. I'll add the hershey's kiss to
the top..

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.

Mix 3 ingredients together. Roll into small balls and place evenly on
cookie sheet. Take a fork and flatten tops to form the criss cross

I've seen this before - I wanted to make it but never did, thanks for
the reminder!

I'd love to know how they turn out. I might mix up a batch and add some
of the hershey's kisses with almonds on top. How many cookies would the
above make? I need to know how many of the kisses I can have and still
leave enough for the cookies.

Old 22-12-2010, 12:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2010 12:00 PM, sf wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the additional info. I just asked about that in reply to
another post.

Did you use a hershy's kiss, and if so, when did you put it on? Just
out of the oven?
Old 22-12-2010, 01:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:37:24 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

Did you use a hershy's kiss, and if so, when did you put it on? Just
out of the oven?

No, I didn't. I was going to put them on before I put the cookies in
the oven, but they were so crumbly that it didn't seem like a good
idea to me and I like them anyway. They're pretty rich.
Chocolate probably would have been over the top and maybe I wouldn't
have liked them as much.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 22-12-2010, 01:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Did you use a hershy's kiss, and if so, when did you put it on? Just
out of the oven?

No, I didn't. I was going to put them on before I put the cookies in
the oven, but they were so crumbly that it didn't seem like a good
idea to me and I like them anyway. They're pretty rich.
Chocolate probably would have been over the top and maybe I wouldn't
have liked them as much.

You put them on after you take the cookies out of the oven. Then they
get melty and don't scorch.