Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reuben Pie

1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
1 12-oz. can corned beef
2 T chopped green pepper
1 T chopped red pepper
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese

Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. Line bottom of pie
shell with sauerkraut. Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
pepper. Spread over sauerkraut. Top with grated Swiss cheese. Bake
at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
> 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
> 1 12-oz. can corned beef
> 2 T chopped green pepper
> 1 T chopped red pepper
> 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
>
> Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. Line bottom of pie
> shell with sauerkraut. Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
> pepper. Spread over sauerkraut. Top with grated Swiss cheese. Bake
> at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
>
> The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
> sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

My husband would actually like this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
> > 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
> > 1 12-oz. can corned beef
> > 2 T chopped green pepper
> > 1 T chopped red pepper
> > 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
> >
> > Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. Line bottom of pie
> > shell with sauerkraut. Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
> > pepper. Spread over sauerkraut. Top with grated Swiss cheese. Bake
> > at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
> >
> > The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
> > sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

> My husband would actually like this.

The pie or the drink?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> >1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
>> > 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
>> > 1 12-oz. can corned beef
>> > 2 T chopped green pepper
>> > 1 T chopped red pepper
>> > 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
>> >
>> > Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. Line bottom of pie
>> > shell with sauerkraut. Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
>> > pepper. Spread over sauerkraut. Top with grated Swiss cheese. Bake
>> > at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
>> >
>> > The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
>> > sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

>> My husband would actually like this.

> The pie or the drink?

Both. We actually have a couple of teensy Jagermeister stemmed glasses that
he got from somewhere. He drinks the stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 8:15*pm, wrote:
> 1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
> 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
> 1 12-oz. can corned beef
> 2 T chopped green pepper
> 1 T chopped red pepper
> 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
>
> Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. *Line bottom of pie
> shell with sauerkraut. *Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
> pepper. *Spread over sauerkraut. *Top with grated Swiss cheese. *Bake
> at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. *Makes 4 servings.
>
> The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
> sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

This is a joke, right? Sauerkraut juice, Jager, and powdered sugar???I
totally dare you to drink this!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 2:54*pm, Andy > wrote:
> merryb > wrote:
>
> It's safe to assume that any unsolicited recipe, without peer review
> ratings, is a joke or "at your own risk!"
>
> Memories of rec.food.recipes!
>
> Andy

Agreed- that combo is quite a mixture.
BTW, I actually like Jagermeister...in a couph syrup-y kinda way!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 8:15*pm, wrote:
> 1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
> 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
> 1 12-oz. can corned beef
> 2 T chopped green pepper
> 1 T chopped red pepper
> 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
>
> Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. *Line bottom of pie
> shell with sauerkraut. *Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
> pepper. *Spread over sauerkraut. *Top with grated Swiss cheese. *Bake
> at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. *Makes 4 servings.
>
> The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
> sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

I bet you barf alot, huh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 2:59*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 12, 8:15*pm, wrote:
>
> > 1 8-oz. can sauerkraut, well drained (save juice!)
> > 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
> > 1 12-oz. can corned beef
> > 2 T chopped green pepper
> > 1 T chopped red pepper
> > 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese

> > Drain sauerkraut well to remove all excess liquid. *Line bottom of pie
> > shell with sauerkraut. *Combine corned beef, green pepper and red
> > pepper. *Spread over sauerkraut. *Top with grated Swiss cheese. *Bake
> > at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. *Makes 4 servings.

> > The reserved sauerkraut juice, mixed with Jagermeister and powdered
> > sugar makes for a most delightful aperitif.

> I bet you barf alot, huh?

Especially after that drink!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 3:14*pm, Andy > wrote:
> merryb > wrote:
> > On Dec 13, 2:54 pm, Andy > wrote:
> >> merryb > wrote:

> >> It's safe to assume that any unsolicited recipe, without peer review
> >> ratings, is a joke or "at your own risk!"

> >> Memories of rec.food.recipes!

> >> Andy

> > Agreed- that combo is quite a mixture.
> > BTW, I actually like Jagermeister...in a couph syrup-y kinda way!

> merryb,
>
> Jagermeister. I've yet to try it. I googled to "read all about it." I
> get the picture.
>
> I also googled "reuben pie" and got a few hits that bare little
> resemblance to the one from this thread.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Reuben pie might be good, but not necessarily that version. Actually,
someone here posted a corned beef & cabbage casserole that sounded
like it might be good...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> merryb > wrote:
>
>> On Dec 13, 2:54 pm, Andy > wrote:
>>> merryb > wrote:
>>>
>>> It's safe to assume that any unsolicited recipe, without peer review
>>> ratings, is a joke or "at your own risk!"
>>>
>>> Memories of rec.food.recipes!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Agreed- that combo is quite a mixture.
>> BTW, I actually like Jagermeister...in a couph syrup-y kinda way!

> merryb,
>
> Jagermeister. I've yet to try it. I googled to "read all about it." I
> get the picture.

Philips makes a 100-proof copy of Jagermeister that is retched -- in a
good sort of way. Probably better than the original for making an
"Eggermeister". (That's a jigger of Jagermeister and a pickled egg,
served in a highball glass.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 3:29*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > merryb > wrote:

> >> Agreed- that combo is quite a mixture.
> >> BTW, I actually like Jagermeister...in a couph syrup-y kinda way!

> > merryb,

> > Jagermeister. I've yet to try it. I googled to "read all about it." I
> > get the picture.

> Philips makes a 100-proof copy of Jagermeister that is retched -- in a
> good sort of way. *Probably better than the original for making an
> "Eggermeister". *(That's a jigger of Jagermeister and a pickled egg,
> served in a highball glass.)
>
> Bob- Hide quoted text -

Gag!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> zxcvbob > wrote:
>
>> Philips makes a 100-proof copy of Jagermeister that is retched -- in a
>> good sort of way. Probably better than the original for making an
>> "Eggermeister". (That's a jigger of Jagermeister and a pickled egg,
>> served in a highball glass.)

> Bob,
>
> Maybe on a dare!
>
> Best,
> Andy

You drink it like a shooter, but you have to chew the egg. (I've
never tried it)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:45:01 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> This is a joke, right?

Yes. S/He got you.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2010 5:59 PM, merryb wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2:54 pm, > wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>
>> It's safe to assume that any unsolicited recipe, without peer review
>> ratings, is a joke or "at your own risk!"
>>
>> Memories of rec.food.recipes!
>>
>> Andy

> Agreed- that combo is quite a mixture.
> BTW, I actually like Jagermeister...in a couph syrup-y kinda way!

Jagerbombs! Never again.