Posted to rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba,rec.food.cooking

Default One way to get noticed!

On 07/07/2010 00:29, LarbGai wrote:
> On Jul 7, 8:55 am, "Takin& Kanoknuan"<takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
> wheelchair.org> wrote:
>
>> **Tell me Steve, what's YOUR reason for the hundreds of posts you have made
>> here over the last week?

> ******Loneliness, pure and simple.
>
> The man lives for attention and all the attention he ever got was when
> he was lording it around the various newsgroups on the usenet.
> That gave him the feeling of power and of course he could be whatever
> he wanted and no one dared question him........
>
> Until the DTS came along. Since then we have watched the mighty
> internet warrior being knocked off his perch and plunging into the
> depths of anonymity.
>
> His latest batch of sock puppets show how low he has fallen, it seems
> he has no heart for the game anymore and is just going through the
> motions.
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/2809743...n/photostream/

Excellent post LarbGai, you've absolutely hit the nail on the head there.

Steve was usenet bully for years, causing trouble in just about every
group he frequented. However, bullying wasn't his only trait. Spamming
the groups (sometimes subtely, other times blatantly) was another trick
of his and used to self-promote and advertise his ailing photography
business.

He became very aggressive if another poster disagreed with him or
challenged him and subsequently used sock puppets in vindictive
campaigns against them.

So, on a day-to-day basis, Steve would be posting generally on-topic
content using his real name whilst at the same time operating a handful
of sock puppets to 'get at' anyone he didn't like. Of course he would
never get his hands dirtied doing this under his real name.

Steve's mistake was that in his ignorance, he assumed nobody was
intelligent enough to recognise this for what it was. Sure, some of the
regulars in the groups couldn't see through his act and those tend to be
the users who side with him. I'm sure if they knew the real truth that
would not be the case. The Howard Aslan-Chilla episode was a prime
example of this.

As the years passed, his behaviour was exposed. Not only by the DTS but
more and more regulars got to know the 'real' Steve. Of course after
this happened, he had no credability. His attempts to take the moral
high ground failed, it was no longer within his reach.

Rick Armstrong

Posted to rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 8, 12:04*am, Rick Armstrong > wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 00:29, LarbGai wrote:
>

> > On Jul 7, 8:55 am, "Takin& *Kanoknuan"<takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
> > wheelchair.org> *wrote:

> >> **Tell me Steve, what's YOUR reason for the hundreds of posts you have made
> >> here over the last week?

> > ******Loneliness, pure and simple.

> > The man lives for attention and all the attention he ever got was when
> > he was lording it around the various newsgroups on the usenet.
> > That gave him the feeling of power and of course he could be whatever
> > he wanted and no one dared question him........

> > Until the DTS came along. Since then we have watched the mighty
> > internet warrior being knocked off his perch and plunging into the
> > depths of anonymity.

> > His latest batch of sock puppets show how low he has fallen, it seems
> > he has no heart for the game anymore and is just going through the
> > motions.

> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/2809743...n/photostream/

> Excellent post LarbGai, you've absolutely hit the nail on the head there.
>
> Steve was usenet bully for years, causing trouble in just about every
> group he frequented. However, bullying wasn't his only trait. Spamming
> the groups (sometimes subtely, other times blatantly) was another trick
> of his and used to self-promote and advertise his ailing photography
> business.
>
> He became very aggressive if another poster disagreed with him or
> challenged him and subsequently used sock puppets in vindictive
> campaigns against them.
>
> So, on a day-to-day basis, Steve would be posting generally on-topic
> content using his real name whilst at the same time operating a handful
> of sock puppets to 'get at' anyone he didn't like. Of course he would
> never get his hands dirtied doing this under his real name.
>
> Steve's mistake was that in his ignorance, he assumed nobody was
> intelligent enough to recognise this for what it was. Sure, some of the
> regulars in the groups couldn't see through his act and those tend to be
> the users who side with him. I'm sure if they knew the real truth that
> would not be the case. The Howard Aslan-Chilla episode was a prime
> example of this.
>
> As the years passed, his behaviour was exposed. Not only by the DTS but
> more and more regulars got to know the 'real' Steve. Of course after
> this happened, he had no credability. His attempts to take the moral
> high ground failed, it was no longer within his reach.
>
> Rick Armstrong- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
welcome back...maybe I said.

Kind Regards,
Brian Anasta
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:25:09 -0700, Brian Anasta [indignantly] wrote:

<crossposting and other drivel snipped>

> And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
> here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
> please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
> DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
> hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
> something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
> welcome back...maybe I said.

<snork>

So who died and made you Chairperson of the r.f.c. Cabal (TINC), may I
humbly ask?

Note to Barb: Has this "Brian" person paid its membership fees to you yet?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 8, 12:43*am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:25:09 -0700, Brian Anasta [indignantly] wrote:
>
> <crossposting and other drivel snipped>
>
> > And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
> > here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
> > please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
> > DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
> > hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
> > something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
> > welcome back...maybe I said.

> * <snork>
>
> So who died and made you Chairperson of the r.f.c. Cabal (TINC), may I
> humbly ask?
>
> Note to Barb: Has this "Brian" person paid its membership fees to you yet?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
postings.

Kind Regards,
Brian Anasta
Posted to rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba,rec.food.cooking

"Brian Anasta" > wrote in message news:
> On Jul 8, 12:04 am, Rick Armstrong > wrote:
>> On 07/07/2010 00:29, LarbGai wrote:

>> > ******Loneliness, pure and simple.

>> > The man lives for attention and all the attention he ever got was when
>> > he was lording it around the various newsgroups on the usenet.
>> > That gave him the feeling of power and of course he could be whatever
>> > he wanted and no one dared question him........

>> > Until the DTS came along. Since then we have watched the mighty
>> > internet warrior being knocked off his perch and plunging into the
>> > depths of anonymity.

>> > His latest batch of sock puppets show how low he has fallen, it seems
>> > he has no heart for the game anymore and is just going through the
>> > motions.

>> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/2809743...n/photostream/

>> Excellent post LarbGai, you've absolutely hit the nail on the head there.
>>
>> Steve was usenet bully for years, causing trouble in just about every
>> group he frequented. However, bullying wasn't his only trait. Spamming
>> the groups (sometimes subtely, other times blatantly) was another trick
>> of his and used to self-promote and advertise his ailing photography
>> business.
>>
>> He became very aggressive if another poster disagreed with him or
>> challenged him and subsequently used sock puppets in vindictive
>> campaigns against them.
>>
>> So, on a day-to-day basis, Steve would be posting generally on-topic
>> content using his real name whilst at the same time operating a handful
>> of sock puppets to 'get at' anyone he didn't like. Of course he would
>> never get his hands dirtied doing this under his real name.
>>
>> Steve's mistake was that in his ignorance, he assumed nobody was
>> intelligent enough to recognise this for what it was. Sure, some of the
>> regulars in the groups couldn't see through his act and those tend to be
>> the users who side with him. I'm sure if they knew the real truth that
>> would not be the case. The Howard Aslan-Chilla episode was a prime
>> example of this.
>>
>> As the years passed, his behaviour was exposed. Not only by the DTS but
>> more and more regulars got to know the 'real' Steve. Of course after
>> this happened, he had no credability. His attempts to take the moral
>> high ground failed, it was no longer within his reach.
>>
>> Rick Armstrong- Hide quoted text -

> Hi,
>
> And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
> here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
> please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
> DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
> hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
> something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
> welcome back...maybe I said.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Brian Anasta

**G'Day Bri! )

Care to explain why you and 'Tom Smith' share the same IP address???
*grin*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:02:27 -0700, Brian Anasta wrote:

> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
> postings.

<wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
myself of their services.

Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:02:27 -0700, Brian Anasta wrote:

> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
> postings.

<wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
myself of their services.

Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 17:41:01 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:02:27 -0700, Brian Anasta wrote:
>>
>> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
>> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
>> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
>> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
>> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
>> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
>> postings.

> <wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

you ain't alone, c.c.

> So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
> myself of their services.
>
> Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...

i wonder where the **** mr. anasta thinks he is? his is the most clueless
post of the month so far.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 17:41:01 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:02:27 -0700, Brian Anasta wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
>>> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
>>> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
>>> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
>>> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
>>> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
>>> postings.

>> <wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

> you ain't alone, c.c.
>
>> So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
>> myself of their services.
>>
>> Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...

> i wonder where the **** mr. anasta thinks he is? his is the most clueless
> post of the month so far.

I am still wondering WHO he thinks he is...
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Anasta > wrote in news:a88df5ba-fda3-4ca9-
:

> On Jul 8, 12:43*am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:25:09 -0700, Brian Anasta [indignantly] wrote:
>>
>> <crossposting and other drivel snipped>
>>
>> > And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
>> > here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
>> > please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
>> > DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
>> > hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
>> > something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
>> > welcome back...maybe I said.

>> * <snork>
>>
>> So who died and made you Chairperson of the r.f.c. Cabal (TINC), may I
>> humbly ask?
>>
>> Note to Barb: Has this "Brian" person paid its membership fees to you

yet
> ?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
> postings.

Just don't bring your "Thailand Steve" shit with you, or you're going to
be killfiled quick smart.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

On the seventh day God rested.
But on the 8th day the Gates of Hell were opened
and God brought forth the Airborne Infantry.
And the Devil stood at attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Takin & Kanoknuan" > wrote in
:

> "Brian Anasta" > wrote in message news:
>> On Jul 8, 12:04 am, Rick Armstrong > wrote:
>>> On 07/07/2010 00:29, LarbGai wrote:

Yep, this is the "Thailand Steve" shit I spoke about.

Time to put these mutts in the killfile.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

On the seventh day God rested.
But on the 8th day the Gates of Hell were opened
and God brought forth the Airborne Infantry.
And the Devil stood at attention.
Posted to rec.knives,soc.culture.thai,rec.scuba,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 8, 3:16*am, "Takin & Kanoknuan" <takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
wheelchair.org> wrote:
> "Brian Anasta" > wrote in message news:

> >> Excellent post LarbGai, you've absolutely hit the nail on the head there.

> >> Steve was usenet bully for years, causing trouble in just about every
> >> group he frequented. However, bullying wasn't his only trait. Spamming
> >> the groups (sometimes subtely, other times blatantly) was another trick
> >> of his and used to self-promote and advertise his ailing photography
> >> business.

> >> He became very aggressive if another poster disagreed with him or
> >> challenged him and subsequently used sock puppets in vindictive
> >> campaigns against them.

> >> So, on a day-to-day basis, Steve would be posting generally on-topic
> >> content using his real name whilst at the same time operating a handful
> >> of sock puppets to 'get at' anyone he didn't like. Of course he would
> >> never get his hands dirtied doing this under his real name.

> >> Steve's mistake was that in his ignorance, he assumed nobody was
> >> intelligent enough to recognise this for what it was. Sure, some of the
> >> regulars in the groups couldn't see through his act and those tend to be
> >> the users who side with him. I'm sure if they knew the real truth that
> >> would not be the case. The Howard Aslan-Chilla episode was a prime
> >> example of this.

> >> As the years passed, his behaviour was exposed. Not only by the DTS but
> >> more and more regulars got to know the 'real' Steve. Of course after
> >> this happened, he had no credability. His attempts to take the moral
> >> high ground failed, it was no longer within his reach.

> >> Rick Armstrong- Hide quoted text -

> > Hi,

> > And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
> > here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
> > please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
> > DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
> > hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
> > something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
> > welcome back...maybe I said.

> > Kind Regards,
> > Brian Anasta

> **G'Day Bri! * *)
>
> Care to explain why you and 'Tom Smith' share the same IP address???
> *grin*-

****** Just as Kombat fades away into obscurity land up pops good old
Brian and as a bonus the old tart Krypsis seems to have fallen for his
charms.

This is like Christmas all over again.

*GRIN*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:43:46 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:25:09 -0700, Brian Anasta [indignantly] wrote:
>
><crossposting and other drivel snipped>
>
>> And your post has exactly WHAT to do with rec.food.cooking? Nobody
>> here cares about whatever gobblededook you are jibbering on about so
>> please take your nonsense and leave us be. You WILL find people here
>> DO not suffer fools lightly, so if YOU want my advice, go back and
>> hide under whatever rock you came FROM. If in the future you have
>> something to contribute TO a thread about cooking, maybe you will be
>> welcome back...maybe I said.

> <snork>
>
>So who died and made you Chairperson of the r.f.c. Cabal (TINC), may I
>humbly ask?
>
>Note to Barb: Has this "Brian" person paid its membership fees to you yet?

Whoinhell is this bozo, CC? Have you ever seen a post from it before?

OB: Out to dinner tonight to my favorite Italian place in Newport
Beach: Sapori's on Bayside. Has a fabulous grilled salmon in lemon
butter with capers...oh, yeah!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 17:41:01 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
> > On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:02:27 -0700, Brian Anasta wrote:

> >> Yes you may humbly ask CattyCathy. Another piece of advice for you
> >> also - if YOU plan on staying around here as a long term subscriber,
> >> might be an idea for you to have a quick glance of the terms and
> >> conditions of posting. I don't mean to sound harsh, but, it's just the
> >> WAY we like to do things around here. Play by the rules and I'M sure
> >> you will have a very enjoyable time. Look forward to your future
> >> postings.

> > <wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

> you ain't alone, c.c.
>
> > So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
> > myself of their services.

> > Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...

> i wonder where the **** mr. anasta thinks he is? *his is the most clueless
> post of the month so far.

I'm konfuzed...or maybe not, blake...

In any case our current rfc trolls lack the finesse of those of years
past...

;-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Greg wrote:

> our current rfc trolls lack the finesse of those of years past...

Maybe if Nasty and amandaF reproduce, their offspring would gain their
consolidated trolling abilities.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>
>> our current rfc trolls lack the finesse of those of years past...

> Maybe if Nasty and amandaF reproduce, their offspring would gain their
> consolidated trolling abilities.
>
> Bob

Cripes, I was hoping it was a recessive gene.

OB Food: Spaghetti with meatballs and sausage last night.
Tonight will be chicken cacciatore, tomorrow eggplant parm using the
same leftover sauce.

Yesterday's high was 67, today's in the low 70s. Love it.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria wrote:

>> Maybe if Nasty and amandaF reproduce, their offspring would gain their
>> consolidated trolling abilities.
>>

> Cripes, I was hoping it was a recessive gene.

Even recessive genes come out and play from time to time. If that's the
case, amandaF and Nasty would have to do a whole bunch of procreatin' and
give special nurturing to the ones who show the most promise.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne wrote:

> Today's low was 91. The high temp should be 112. I don't love it.
> But the other 3 seasons are just perfect.

http://i26.tinypic.com/dwv31d.jpg

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:36:18 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> .. .

>>> <wiping tears of mirth from cheeks>

>> you ain't alone, c.c.
>>
>>> So you've taken over Google Groups too? Well-I-Nevah! Pity I don't avail
>>> myself of their services.
>>>
>>> Now kindly get thee back under yon bridge - before I bust a gut...

>> i wonder where the **** mr. anasta thinks he is? his is the most clueless
>> post of the month so far.

> I am still wondering WHO he thinks he is...
> --

good point.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:38:12 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

> Cripes, I was hoping it was a recessive gene.

Even recessive genes can find each other and reproduce.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2010 10:57 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Today's low was 91. The high temp should be 112. I don't love it.
> But the other 3 seasons are just perfect.

Honey, 112 degrees is pretty hot, but I would rather be hot than be too
cold. The perfect temp for me is around 85 degrees. Have you adjusted
to the heat fairly well?

Becca

ObFood:

Wedding Cookies

2 cups butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar or Splenda
4 tsp water
4 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
6 tbsp powdered sugar

Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in water and
vanilla. Stir in the flour and pecans until well blended (I use the mixer).

Cover the dough and chill at least 4 hours or over night. 5. Preheat
oven 325 degrees.. Shape dough into walnut sized balls or crescents.
Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes..
Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> These sound like the cookies my mother made that were called "Sandies"
> in her cookbook. Never thought of trying them with Splenda.

Wayne, I have heard them called Sandies or Pecan Sandies or Wedding
Cookies. If you use Splenda they come out the same as if you used
sugar, but you still have to dust them in powdered sugar or it just
wouldn't be right.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:20:35 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Wayne wrote:
>
>> Today's low was 91. The high temp should be 112. I don't love it.
>> But the other 3 seasons are just perfect.

>http://i26.tinypic.com/dwv31d.jpg

And here in SoCal, I still have the heat on at night. We've had 7
months of January since January, and I for one am heartily sick of it.
Cloudy, gloomy, rainy in the morning with a soupcon of sunshine in the
afternoon. The car washes are gonna go bankrupt.

OB: Who'd a thunk that it'd still be chili weather in July?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:53:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Yes, we've "adjusted", but like so many Arizonans, we mostly stay
>inside during the hopt weather and luxuriate in the other 9 months of
>the year. When we lived in Cleveland it was just the opposite. We
>mostly stayed indoors during the winter and enjoyed the remaining
>moderate 9 months.

Wayne, as a native Arizonan (my mother's family homesteaded in AZ when
AZ was still a territory), I can testify to the way we cremated our
dead: drag 'em out in the backyard for a couple of hours. <veg>

OB: One of my grandmother's ranch hands used to keep a plot of the
hottest chile peppers on the planet. We used to joke that it doubled
as snake repellent.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:54:50 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:53:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Yes, we've "adjusted", but like so many Arizonans, we mostly stay
>>inside during the hopt weather and luxuriate in the other 9 months of
>>the year. When we lived in Cleveland it was just the opposite. We
>>mostly stayed indoors during the winter and enjoyed the remaining
>>moderate 9 months.

> Wayne, as a native Arizonan (my mother's family homesteaded in AZ when
> AZ was still a territory), I can testify to the way we cremated our
> dead: drag 'em out in the backyard for a couple of hours. <veg>
>
> OB: One of my grandmother's ranch hands used to keep a plot of the
> hottest chile peppers on the planet. We used to joke that it doubled
> as snake repellent.

sound like a nice thing to have over your grave.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:20:35 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>

>> Wayne wrote:
>>

>>> Today's low was 91. The high temp should be 112. I don't love it.
>>> But the other 3 seasons are just perfect.
>>>

>> http://i26.tinypic.com/dwv31d.jpg
>>

> And here in SoCal, I still have the heat on at night. We've had 7
> months of January since January, and I for one am heartily sick of it.
> Cloudy, gloomy, rainy in the morning with a soupcon of sunshine in the
> afternoon. The car washes are gonna go bankrupt.
>
> OB: Who'd a thunk that it'd still be chili weather in July?
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Al Gore of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:54:50 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:53:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, we've "adjusted", but like so many Arizonans, we mostly stay
>>> inside during the hopt weather and luxuriate in the other 9 months of
>>> the year. When we lived in Cleveland it was just the opposite. We
>>> mostly stayed indoors during the winter and enjoyed the remaining
>>> moderate 9 months.
>>>

>> Wayne, as a native Arizonan (my mother's family homesteaded in AZ when
>> AZ was still a territory), I can testify to the way we cremated our
>> dead: drag 'em out in the backyard for a couple of hours.<veg>
>>
>> OB: One of my grandmother's ranch hands used to keep a plot of the
>> hottest chile peppers on the planet. We used to joke that it doubled
>> as snake repellent.
>>

> sound like a nice thing to have over your grave.
>
> your pal,
> blake

That was funny in a really strange way!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 6:10*pm, Larry > wrote:
> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:20:35 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 8:52*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> "Food Snob®" > wrote in message

> > A freak cold spell in July might be caused by Manbearpig! *It's half
> > man, half bear and half pig. *I'm serial, people.

> I read this a few times trying to get humor, or sarcasm, or irony, or
> SOMETHING out of it, but came up with nothing.

It's a South Park insider joke. In one episode, Al Gore warns people
about the dangers of something called Manbearpig. Manbearpig
reappears in the South Park Imaginationland movie. I imagine that you
don't watch South Park. I have an eight year old son who loves it. I
like it too.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> "Food Snob®" > wrote in message
> >
> > A freak cold spell in July might be caused by Manbearpig! It's half
> > man, half bear and half pig. I'm serial, people.

> I read this a few times trying to get humor, or sarcasm, or irony, or
> SOMETHING out of it, but came up with nothing.

It's South Park. It's about Al Gore. It's kind of like "Badges? We don't
need no stinkin' badges!" if you never saw "The Treasure of Sierra
Madre" but in the cartoon category.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> On Jul 13, 6:10 pm, > wrote:
>
>> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:20:35 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"

>>> And here in SoCal, I still have the heat on at night. We've had 7
>>> months of January since January, and I for one am heartily sick of it.
>>> Cloudy, gloomy, rainy in the morning with a soupcon of sunshine in the
>>> afternoon. The car washes are gonna go bankrupt.
>>>

>>> OB: Who'd a thunk that it'd still be chili weather in July?
>>>

>>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>>>

>> Al Gore of course.
>>

> A freak cold spell in July might be caused by Manbearpig! It's half
> man, half bear and half pig. I'm serial, people.
>
> --Bryan

South Park?