Old 18-06-2012, 02:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default something I've noticed about this group

In my short time here, I haven't seen anyone use any obscenities. And most
the posts are erudite, and most of the words are spelled correctly (except
for Tommy Joe-- and a handful of others-- on the former, and latter.) And
there is a fair amount of things discussed that are only tangentially
related to cooking, but there is also a plethora of cooking tips and many
helpful posts about what to do with zucchini, etc.

And people here still use the word "Usenet" It's like some outpost that
survived the AOL and Facebook onslaught. I wonder if there are other
outposts out there in this beyond thunderdome post-AOL world?

Old 18-06-2012, 02:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 9:30*am, "Somebody" wrote:
In my short time here, I haven't seen anyone use any obscenities. *And most
the posts are erudite, and most of the words are spelled correctly (except
for Tommy Joe-- and a handful of others-- on the former, and latter.) *And
there is a fair amount of things discussed that are only tangentially
related to cooking, but there is also a plethora of cooking tips and many
helpful posts about what to do with zucchini, etc.

And people here still use the word "Usenet" * It's like some outpost that
survived the AOL and Facebook onslaught. * *I wonder if there are other
outposts out there in this beyond thunderdome post-AOL world?

I've used obscenities whenever someone uses them against me. I should
reconsider, since flamers should be left in peace.
I like to retaliate at least ten times whenever some dolt attacks.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-06-18 13:30:26 +0000, Somebody said:

And people here still use the word "Usenet".

We call it usenet because that's what it is.

Old 18-06-2012, 03:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-18, Somebody wrote:

And people here still use the word "Usenet"

No doubt cuz they understand that's precisely what it was, is, and
will probably remain so.

What I've noticed about you is, you never post ANYTHING pertaining to
cooking, even tangentially. I mean zero, zip, nada. Do you even know
how? Not that yer an obnoxious lout or in any way offensive in yer
presence, here, but this is, after all, a cooking newsgroup, who's
main purpose is to discuss the subject of COOKING! ...using the nntp
protocol ....distributed worldwide on usenet servers.

('hem)

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs

Old 18-06-2012, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-18, Somebody wrote:

And people here still use the word "Usenet"

No doubt cuz they understand that's precisely what it was, is, and
will probably remain so.

What I've noticed about you is, you never post ANYTHING pertaining to
cooking, even tangentially. I mean zero, zip, nada. Do you even know
how? Not that yer an obnoxious lout or in any way offensive in yer
presence, here, but this is, after all, a cooking newsgroup, who's
main purpose is to discuss the subject of COOKING! ...using the nntp
protocol ....distributed worldwide on usenet servers.

('hem)

nb

Sir, I have asked cooking questions: what to do with a plethora of
zucchini. And if oil on a pan goes bad. And if butter left out is okay to
eat, and others. Granted some were not cooking related, but Sheldon posted
about "good riddance, to bad garbage." ...I don't really have any recipes
to post or advice to give because I'm not a very good cook. I try, but
other people's cooking always tastes better... Like some have said, I'm
more of an adder than creator when it comes to cooking.

Old 18-06-2012, 03:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 8:57*am, Janet wrote:
In article , says...

In my short time here, I haven't seen anyone use any obscenities. *And most
the posts are erudite, and most of the words are spelled correctly (except
for Tommy Joe-- and a handful of others-- on the former, and latter.) *And
there is a fair amount of things discussed that are only tangentially
related to cooking, but there is also a plethora of cooking tips and many
helpful posts about what to do with zucchini, etc.

And people here still use the word "Usenet"

*Why would they not? It's a Usenet group in the Usenet hierarchy. Not a
google group or a website forum.

* Janet

....or a chat room, or a "board."

N.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 9:30*am, "Somebody" wrote:
In my short time here, I haven't seen anyone use any obscenities. *And most
the posts are erudite, and most of the words are spelled correctly (except
for Tommy Joe-- and a handful of others-- on the former, and latter.)

Someone here is blind - so extend a little slack to some spelling and
top-posting.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody Newbie is a shit stirrer here to cause trouble, **** [email protected]!
Old 18-06-2012, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

And people here still use the word "Usenet" It's like some outpost
that survived the AOL and Facebook onslaught. I wonder if there
are other outposts out there in this beyond thunderdome post-AOL
world?

Oh yeah, one is it.arti.trash, a newsgroup who got created in order to share
discussions about trash movies, both italian and non italisn. Tons of posts.
But you'd find a lot of name calling, too

Old 18-06-2012, 04:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

Sir, I have asked cooking questions: what to do with a plethora of
zucchini. And if oil on a pan goes bad. And if butter left out is okay to
eat, and others.

Those were trolls, not sincere requests for info.

Old 18-06-2012, 04:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon's green-eyed monster rears up.

Somebody Newbie is a shit stirrer here to cause trouble, **** [email protected]!

I agree. One Shelley is enough for any group.

Old 18-06-2012, 05:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-06-18, Somebody wrote:

And people here still use the word "Usenet"

No doubt cuz they understand that's precisely what it was, is, and
will probably remain so.

What I've noticed about you is, you never post ANYTHING pertaining to
cooking, even tangentially. I mean zero, zip, nada. Do you even know
how?

I post very little as well other than on booze, restaurants and
food-tangential. But I'm reading it a lot and find myself making use
of the info as well.

A newsgroup is also for those folk. In fact in many of the other groups
topics are dominated by discussions of information that is presented
again and again for many years. But there is always a newbie trying to
figure out the same stuff.

Old 18-06-2012, 05:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-18 13:30:26 +0000, Somebody said:

And people here still use the word "Usenet".

We call it usenet because that's what it is.

Amazing, isn't it? We also talk about cooking. Not because this is a
cooking newsgroup or anything. LOL

I'm thinking about grilling some burgers this evening. For once it's not
raining and the temps will be fairly mild (85-ish, Farenheit). If I had
some zucchini I'd probably split them and grill them alongside. Alas, I
have no zucchini.

Jill

Old 18-06-2012, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-18, Somebody wrote:

And people here still use the word "Usenet"

No doubt cuz they understand that's precisely what it was, is, and
will probably remain so.

What I've noticed about you is, you never post ANYTHING pertaining to
cooking, even tangentially. I mean zero, zip, nada. Do you even know
how? Not that yer an obnoxious lout or in any way offensive in yer
presence, here, but this is, after all, a cooking newsgroup, who's
main purpose is to discuss the subject of COOKING! ...using the nntp
protocol ....distributed worldwide on usenet servers.

('hem)

nb

Somebody Newbie is a shit stirrer here to cause trouble, **** [email protected]!

congratulations-- you are the first person I've noticed here to post an
obscenity.. And you are the one who posted "good riddance, to bad rubbish"
about a fellow human being struggling with addiction. A man that when the
riots started told people: can't we all just get along?

What will Rodney King's relatives say about you when you thrust off this
mortal coil?