Old 07-11-2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default has anybody noticed?

where much of our current spam is coming from? I'm not going to
advertise it, but take note and reset your spam filters to "cool"
down.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Tue 06 Nov 2007 08:01:20p, meant to say...

where much of our current spam is coming from? I'm not going to
advertise it, but take note and reset your spam filters to "cool"
down.

My filters must be pretty well set. I'm seeing almost no spam at all.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

The death of God left the angels in a strange position.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in :

where much of our current spam is coming from? I'm not going to
advertise it, but take note and reset your spam filters to "cool"
down.

There's spam?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
sf wrote in :

where much of our current spam is coming from? I'm not going to
advertise it, but take note and reset your spam filters to "cool"
down.

There's spam?

I just scroll past it. I'm amazed at how annoyed people get by it. Some
groups have a higher signal-to-noise ratio than others.

--

Sarah Gray

Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 04:01:21 GMT, Sqwertz
wrote:

I'm chilling. I'm not I "get it" though.

The opposite of coldmail is _ _ _mail. It's just interesting to see
that the spammers I'm "not reading"/deleting at the moment are from
there and Gmail isn't the address dujour at this point - that's all.

IOW, they are flummoxed.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:22:26 GMT, Sqwertz
wrote:

Which is why a couple of us have been telling you that you need
to killfile Google posts, and not base it on the return address
used to post the messages.

This is good news. Now maybe more people will wake up.

I don't need to kill every single google poster just because there are
a few bad apples and I certainly don't need to kill by domain. I can
just right click and kill by author or subject. End of story. It
tickles me that it takes them longer to morph than it takes me to kill
them.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

I don't need to kill every single google poster just because there are
a few bad apples and I certainly don't need to kill by domain. I can
just right click and kill by author or subject. End of story. It
tickles me that it takes them longer to morph than it takes me to kill
them.

Fortunately, I do not get many spams. Still, I have a difficult enough
time reading the rest of the posts. I am busy most weekends, so it
takes me the rest of the week, just to get caught up on the group. I
begin reading the group alphabetically, but if I can not catch up, I
will have to delete the rest of the messages. This is a busy group,
which is a good thing. I am just slow.

Becca

Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote in news:5pe4l7FqhpvaU1
@mid.individual.net:

sf wrote:

I don't need to kill every single google poster just because there

are
a few bad apples and I certainly don't need to kill by domain. I can
just right click and kill by author or subject. End of story. It
tickles me that it takes them longer to morph than it takes me to

kill
them.

Fortunately, I do not get many spams. Still, I have a difficult enough
time reading the rest of the posts. I am busy most weekends, so it
takes me the rest of the week, just to get caught up on the group. I
begin reading the group alphabetically, but if I can not catch up, I
will have to delete the rest of the messages. This is a busy group,
which is a good thing. I am just slow.

Becca

Becca..........

You're using Mozilla/Gecko/Sea Monkey at the moment.

Change to Xnews.

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Been using it for years...... and it's great!!

If you contribute/add too/make a post to any newsgroup......... any
replies to your posts are immediately highlighted when you open it up.

It certainly cuts down on a lot of 'dross'.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Which is why a couple of us have been telling you that you need
to killfile Google posts, and not base it on the return address
used to post the messages.

This is good news. Now maybe more people will wake up.

I don't need to kill every single google poster just because there are
a few bad apples and I certainly don't need to kill by domain. I can
just right click and kill by author or subject. End of story. It
tickles me that it takes them longer to morph than it takes me to kill
them.

The nice thing about using google (occasionally) is that when a poster has
replied to one of your killfiled persons and that unkillfiled person
includes only a snippet of what that killfiled person said, if you think it
would be interesting, you can read what's said (and reply if you so desire.)

Google can be good for something.

Dee Dee

Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" wrote

The nice thing about using google (occasionally) is that when a poster has
replied to one of your killfiled persons and that unkillfiled person
includes only a snippet of what that killfiled person said, if you think
it would be interesting, you can read what's said (and reply if you so
desire.)

Google can be good for something.

It just hasn't been reliable lately. When I notice I'm missing someone,
most recently Boron, I haven't been able to find recent posts on
google.

nancy

Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
sf wrote:

I don't need to kill every single google poster just because there
are a few bad apples and I certainly don't need to kill by domain. I can
just right click and kill by author or subject. End of story.
It tickles me that it takes them longer to morph than it takes me to
kill them.

Fortunately, I do not get many spams. Still, I have a difficult enough
time reading the rest of the posts. I am busy most weekends, so it
takes me the rest of the week, just to get caught up on the group. I
begin reading the group alphabetically, but if I can not catch up, I
will have to delete the rest of the messages. This is a busy group,
which is a good thing. I am just slow.

I can killfile but mostly I just ignore the spammers and at the end of it I
click on 'catch up' and all the others are marked 'read'

Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
T wrote:

This is why I say we should cut the internet feed to China. But then
we'd play right into the hands of the government. It's a very sticky
situation.

There is a lot of legitimate traffic to and from China. Also, there is
the big question of who is "the government"? If we cut off access
between China and Germany, maybe it will just go through France?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

You're using Mozilla/Gecko/Sea Monkey at the moment.

Change to Xnews.

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Been using it for years...... and it's great!!

If you contribute/add too/make a post to any newsgroup......... any
replies to your posts are immediately highlighted when you open it up.

It certainly cuts down on a lot of 'dross'.

Thanks so much, I may give that a try!

Becca