Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fathers Day

Any man can be a father
It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

Dimitri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-06-20, Dimitri > wrote:
> Any man can be a father
> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>
> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

Likewise, Dimitri! I wish you well on you and yours.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 10:50*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Any man can be a father
> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>
> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there
>
> Dimitri

I fixed my father's computer for him last Friday. That was my Father's
Day gift to him, and he appreciated it greatly!

I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On Jun 20, 10:50 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Any man can be a father
> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>
> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there
>
> Dimitri

I fixed my father's computer for him last Friday. That was my Father's
Day gift to him, and he appreciated it greatly!

I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(

John Kuthe...

What's your son's email address John?
We can all send him a little reminder.

Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:56:47 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:50:44 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Any man can be a father
>> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>>
>> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> Don't forget that it's also ******* Children's Day. I'm smoking
> crack and sniffing glue in celebration.
>
> -sw

just don't get confused. it will mess up your pipe.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 11:33*am, "Tom Biasi" > wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> On Jun 20, 10:50 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
> > Any man can be a father
> > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> > Dimitri

> I fixed my father's computer for him last Friday. That was my Father's
> Day gift to him, and he appreciated it greatly!
>
> I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> What's your son's email address John?
> We can all send him a little reminder.

Um, no thanks! But thanks just the same! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
stepfathers. I love and miss both of mine.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 10:56*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:50:44 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
> > Any man can be a father
> > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> Don't forget that it's also ******* Children's Day. *I'm smoking
> crack and sniffing glue in celebration.
>
> -sw

==
Figures.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 11:41*am, Becca > wrote:
> Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
> stepfathers. *I love and miss both of mine.
>
> Becca

==
Thanks Becca...that made my throat choke up with the emotion
expressed.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
> stepfathers. I love and miss both of mine.
>
> Becca

Not all Step fathers are marginal.

One of my grandkids has a step-father who is head and shoulders better than
his real father could ever dream of being.

It's tough road taking on another mans child takes a special person.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Any man can be a father
> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>
> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there
>
> Dimitri

Same back atcha.

Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
It's also his 78 birthday.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Any man can be a father It takes a special man to be a DADDY!
>
> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

My son was in town for the weekend. He came down to dog sit for my
brother and had us over for a swim and BBQ. He and his girlfriend came
by this morning and cooked breakfast for me. Then they headed off to
visit her father.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> It's also his 78 birthday.

As I said in my last post, my son and his girlfriend were in town for
the weekend and they came over and made brunch for me but had to head
out to go and visit her father. Actually, it is her step father. My
wife will be cooking dinner for me tonight. We are doing lamb chops on
the grill, accompanied by asparagus and a green salad, fresh rolls and wine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
>> stepfathers. I love and miss both of mine.
>>
>> Becca

> Not all Step fathers are marginal.
>
> One of my grandkids has a step-father who is head and shoulders better
> than his real father could ever dream of being.
>
> It's tough road taking on another mans child takes a special person.
>
> Thanks for bringing it up.
>
> Dimitri

Amen. I didn't think it needed to be said.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> > It's also his 78 birthday.

> As I said in my last post, my son and his girlfriend were in town for
> the weekend and they came over and made brunch for me but had to head
> out to go and visit her father. Actually, it is her step father. My
> wife will be cooking dinner for me tonight. We are doing lamb chops on
> the grill, accompanied by asparagus and a green salad, fresh rolls and wine.

I hope y'all have a pleasant and memorable evening... :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:50:44 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
> > Any man can be a father
> > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> Don't forget that it's also ******* Children's Day. *I'm smoking
> crack and sniffing glue in celebration.

Heehee, Steve...I wonder what they do for Father's Day in Cabrini-
Green or some other poor black ghetto place...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:56:47 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:50:44 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> >> Any man can be a father
> >> It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> >> Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> > Don't forget that it's also ******* Children's Day. *I'm smoking
> > crack and sniffing glue in celebration.

> > -sw

> just don't get confused. *it will mess up your pipe.

Steve is "smokin'',blake...

;-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Hmm. *Come to think of it, cars don't have external telescoping
> antennas any more, do they? *I'm just too old school, I guess.
> I'd get eaten alive out there these days.

Remember back in the late 50's - early 60's when remote - controlled
power radio antennae were a snazy option on cars...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
> stepfathers. I love and miss both of mine.

Ditto from me! I miss my dad, too. We lost him one year ago tomorrow, on
Father's Day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 12:16*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Jun 20, 11:33*am, "Tom Biasi" > wrote:
>

> > "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

> > On Jun 20, 10:50 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> > > Any man can be a father
> > > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> > > Dimitri

> > I fixed my father's computer for him last Friday. That was my Father's
> > Day gift to him, and he appreciated it greatly!

> > I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(

> > John Kuthe...

> > What's your son's email address John?
> > We can all send him a little reminder.

> Um, no thanks! But thanks just the same! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

He emailed me! I'm so happy!

:-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 3:41*pm, Gregory Morrow >
wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Hmm. *Come to think of it, cars don't have external telescoping
> > antennas any more, do they? *I'm just too old school, I guess.
> > I'd get eaten alive out there these days.

> Remember back in the late 50's - early 60's when remote - controlled
> power radio antennae were a snazy option on cars...

Remember the "oughts," when the concept of "self-loathing faggot" was
taken seriously?

> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 9:56*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:50:44 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
> > Any man can be a father
> > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> Don't forget that it's also ******* Children's Day. *I'm smoking
> crack and sniffing glue in celebration.
>
> -sw

I figured you did that everyday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(
>
> John Kuthe...

Where is he, away at college?

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:27:06 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> It's also his 78 birthday.

Let's expand this celebration concept even more, it's also my DD's
first wedding anniversary.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 7:18*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>
> > wrote:
> > I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(

> > John Kuthe...

> Where is he, away at college?
>
> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

He just graduated college. But he lives with his mom and her new
husband 1/2 way across the country.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:27:06 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> > Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> > It's also his 78 birthday.

> Let's expand this celebration concept even more, it's also my DD's
> first wedding anniversary.

Very cool!
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:07:03 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 7:18*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > I wish my son would at least call or maybe send me an email. :-(

> > > John Kuthe...

> > Where is he, away at college?
> >

> He just graduated college. But he lives with his mom and her new
> husband 1/2 way across the country.

Hopefully, he remembered and if he didn't - I hope he remembers
soon. Better late than never!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 1:27*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *"Dimitri" > wrote:
> > Any man can be a father
> > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> > Dimitri

> Same back atcha.
>
> Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> It's also his 78 birthday.

Nice! Well wishes to you and your dad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
projectile vomit chick > wrote:

> On Jun 20, 1:27*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> >
> > *"Dimitri" > wrote:
> > > Any man can be a father
> > > It takes a special man to be a DADDY!

> > > Happy fathers day to all the DADDY'S out there

> > > Dimitri

> > Same back atcha.
> >
> > Plans tonight are to make a lovely saute' shrimp salad for dad.
> > It's also his 78 birthday.

> Nice! Well wishes to you and your dad.

Thanks sweetie. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:31:48 -0700 (PDT), Food Snob® wrote:

> On Jun 20, 3:41*pm, Gregory Morrow >
> wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Hmm. *Come to think of it, cars don't have external telescoping
>>> antennas any more, do they? *I'm just too old school, I guess.
>>> I'd get eaten alive out there these days.

>> Remember back in the late 50's - early 60's when remote - controlled
>> power radio antennae were a snazy option on cars...

> Remember the "oughts," when the concept of "self-loathing faggot" was
> taken seriously?

you branching out from hating crisco, bobo?

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/20/2010 6:22 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and that includes the
>> stepfathers. I love and miss both of mine.

> Ditto from me! I miss my dad, too. We lost him one year ago
> tomorrow, on Father's Day.

My dad died when I was 11, then my mother remarried. I knew my
stepfather longer than I knew my father. They were both very different,
but I loved both of them. Now that you mention it, I remember when you
lost your father. The year passes so quickly doesn't it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:41:25 -0700 (PDT), Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm. Come to think of it, cars don't have external telescoping
>>> antennas any more, do they? I'm just too old school, I guess.
>>> I'd get eaten alive out there these days.

>> Remember back in the late 50's - early 60's when remote - controlled
>> power radio antennae were a snazy option on cars...

> Just like the folding headlights. After about 8 months you had to
> wedge them permanently open.
>
> -sw

My '91 Regal had the antenna and it was probably one of the last. Worked
perfectly For a few years.
My grandson has a '95 Probe with folding lights. They close half way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote

>> Just like the folding headlights. After about 8 months you had to
>> wedge them permanently open.

> My grandson has a '95 Probe with folding lights. They close half way.

My 84 Accord had folding headlights, they still worked when I
traded the car in 94/whatever. The trick was, if you thought there would
be freezing rain, there was a button to leave them up so you wouldn't
burn out the motor trying to turn on the lights.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> My 84 Accord had folding headlights, they still worked when I
> traded the car in 94/whatever. The trick was, if you thought there
> would be freezing rain, there was a button to leave them up so you
> wouldn't burn out the motor trying to turn on the lights.

Correction: 88 Accord, kept that car for a good 10 years.

nancy

happy fathers day Somebody General Cooking 9 18-06-2012 04:48 AM
OT, alone on Fathers' Day weekend Food Snob®[_2_] General Cooking 5 21-06-2010 06:51 PM
Fathers' Day pie Nick Cramer Diabetic 6 23-06-2009 08:26 AM
Fathers Day Dimitri General Cooking 9 16-06-2008 06:24 PM
Fathers Day Menu Dimitri General Cooking 28 12-06-2008 11:43 PM