Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT, alone on Fathers' Day weekend

So, I'm at work early this morning, and two other employees arrive. I
overhear one of them tell the other that he is going to be spending
Fathers' Day weekend by himself because his wife has gone back East to
see her father, and that the wife and her sister were going to be
hiking the Appalachian Trail. I waited for a pause in their
conversation, then said, "John [not his real name], I heard you say
that your wife and her sister were going to be hiking the Appalachian
Trail." He replied affirmatively. I continued, "Well, I hope that
they can speak Spanish." He asked, perplexed, "Why would they have to
know Spanish to hike the Appalachian Trail?"

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 3:05*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:
> So, I'm at work early this morning, and two other employees arrive. *I
> overhear one of them tell the other that he is going to be spending
> Fathers' Day weekend by himself because his wife has gone back East to
> see her father, and that the wife and her sister were going to be
> hiking the Appalachian Trail. *I waited for a pause in conversation, then said, "John [not his real name], I heard you say
> that your wife and her sister were going to be hiking the Appalachian
> Trail." *He replied affirmatively. *I continued, "Well, I hope that
> they can speak Spanish." *He asked, perplexed, "Why would they have to
> know Spanish to hike the Appalachian Trail?"

We're glad that yer rugrats got yew a new crack pipe for Duhdee's Day,
dude...

<chortle>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 4:11*pm, Gregory Morrow >
wrote:
> On Jun 20, 3:05*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:
>
> > So, I'm at work early this morning, and two other employees arrive. *I
> > overhear one of them tell the other that he is going to be spending
> > Fathers' Day weekend by himself because his wife has gone back East to
> > see her father, and that the wife and her sister were going to be
> > hiking the Appalachian Trail. *I waited for a pause in conversation, then said, "John [not his real name], I heard you say
> > that your wife and her sister were going to be hiking the Appalachian
> > Trail." *He replied affirmatively. *I continued, "Well, I hope that
> > they can speak Spanish." *He asked, perplexed, "Why would they have to
> > know Spanish to hike the Appalachian Trail?"

> We're glad that yer rugrats got yew a new crack pipe for Duhdee's Day,
> dude...
>
> <chortle>

I was not on drugs at the time. I don't use illegal drugs, don't show
up for work hungover on Sunday morning, and hardly even drink anymore
anyway. I'm glad that you got a laugh from your fantasy though.

> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 4:26*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:11*pm, Gregory Morrow >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 20, 3:05*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:

> > > So, I'm at work early this morning, and two other employees arrive. *I
> > > overhear one of them tell the other that he is going to be spending
> > > Fathers' Day weekend by himself because his wife has gone back East to
> > > see her father, and that the wife and her sister were going to be
> > > hiking the Appalachian Trail. *I waited for a pause in conversation, then said, "John [not his real name], I heard you say
> > > that your wife and her sister were going to be hiking the Appalachian
> > > Trail." *He replied affirmatively. *I continued, "Well, I hope that
> > > they can speak Spanish." *He asked, perplexed, "Why would they have to
> > > know Spanish to hike the Appalachian Trail?"

> > We're glad that yer rugrats got yew a new crack pipe for Duhdee's Day,
> > dude...

> > <chortle>

> I was not on drugs at the time. *I don't use illegal drugs, don't show
> up for work hungover on Sunday morning, and hardly even drink anymore
> anyway. *I'm glad that you got a laugh from your fantasy though.

Thanks for the clarification. So, what *was* your point, anyway?

Don't bother, I really don't care.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 11:36*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:26*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 20, 4:11*pm, Gregory Morrow >
> > wrote:

> > > We're glad that yer rugrats got yew a new crack pipe for Duhdee's Day,
> > > dude...

> > > <chortle>

> > I was not on drugs at the time. *I don't use illegal drugs, don't show
> > up for work hungover on Sunday morning, and hardly even drink anymore
> > anyway. *I'm glad that you got a laugh from your fantasy though.

> Thanks for the clarification. *So, what *was* your point, anyway?
>
> Don't bother, I really don't care.

I get hot just thinking about you three in the same thread,

So what are you folks wearing this morning?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 06:35:03 -0700 (PDT), Sqwertz wrote:

> On Jun 20, 11:36*pm, projectile vomit chick
> > wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 4:26*pm, Food SnobŪ > wrote:

>>> I was not on drugs at the time. *I don't use illegal drugs, don't show
>>> up for work hungover on Sunday morning, and hardly even drink anymore
>>> anyway. *I'm glad that you got a laugh from your fantasy though.

>> Thanks for the clarification. *So, what *was* your point, anyway?
>>
>> Don't bother, I really don't care.

> I get hot just thinking about you three in the same thread,
>
> So what are you folks wearing this morning?
>
> -sw

each other's clothes.

your pal,
blake

Fathers Day Dimitri General Cooking 40 22-06-2010 04:57 AM
Fathers Day Dinner Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 57 24-06-2009 02:15 PM
Fathers' Day pie Nick Cramer Diabetic 6 23-06-2009 08:26 AM
Fathers Day Dimitri General Cooking 9 16-06-2008 06:24 PM