Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Fathers' Day pie

My daughter, Sai, made a strawberry pie for me. Wayne Boatright's filling,
containing sugar and cornstarch; my flour pie crust. Baked perfectly and
most delicious. BG before pie 77. I had two tablespoons. One hour PP BG
100. Two hour 88.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yum!

strawberries are on sale here so i made a treat but slicing them and putting
splenda and shredded coconut and real whip cream on top of that..so good and
no bg budge.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> My daughter, Sai, made a strawberry pie for me. Wayne Boatright's filling,
> containing sugar and cornstarch; my flour pie crust. Baked perfectly and
> most delicious. BG before pie 77. I had two tablespoons. One hour PP BG
> 100. Two hour 88.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> yum!
>
> strawberries are on sale here so i made a treat but slicing them and
> putting splenda and shredded coconut and real whip cream on top of
> that..so good and no bg budge.

Sai asked me if I wanted whipped cream on my pie. I declined, suspecting it
came from a pressurized container. I'm gonna suggest she use honey, instead
of sugar, in the next pie.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> came from a pressurized container. I'm gonna suggest she use honey,
> instead
> of sugar, in the next pie.

Why? :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > . . . came from a pressurized container. I'm gonna suggest she use
> > honey, instead of sugar, in the next pie.

> Why? :-)

Because I like its taste! Plus, 1/2 as much honey as sugar should work
fine.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ready whip has a "extra creamy" version in the can that got no hfcs and uses
real cream instead of a ton of chemicals...doesnt budge my meter.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> yum!
>>
>> strawberries are on sale here so i made a treat but slicing them and
>> putting splenda and shredded coconut and real whip cream on top of
>> that..so good and no bg budge.

> Sai asked me if I wanted whipped cream on my pie. I declined, suspecting
> it
> came from a pressurized container. I'm gonna suggest she use honey,
> instead
> of sugar, in the next pie.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> ready whip has a "extra creamy" version in the can that got no hfcs and
> uses real cream instead of a ton of chemicals...doesnt budge my meter.

Good to know. I'll tell her. Thanks, Krom.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

happy fathers day Somebody General Cooking 9 18-06-2012 04:48 AM
Fathers Day Dimitri General Cooking 40 22-06-2010 04:57 AM
OT, alone on Fathers' Day weekend Food Snob®[_2_] General Cooking 5 21-06-2010 06:51 PM
Fathers Day Dimitri General Cooking 9 16-06-2008 06:24 PM
Fathers Day Menu Dimitri General Cooking 28 12-06-2008 11:43 PM