Voyager

Default looking for something, don't know what it is called!

Hello,
Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
making that horrible noise.
Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!
Katra

In article . net>,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ueegee&spell=1

> > HTH?

> The gal (or guy?) needs a NEW a boyfriend fer cryin' out loud...
>
> Jeesh if somebody did that in my home they'd be OUT immediately.

I dunno...

If I were to dissacociate myself from every human that did something
that irritated me, I'd be very, very lonely after awhile. ;-)

If he can find a "soft" solution, (I thought the squeegee idea was
excellent!), then why not?

Everyone has their little idiosynchracies (or however the hell you spell
that!)

K.

Katra

In article . net>,
"Gregory Morrow" >
wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
> > In article > ,
> > (Voyager) wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> > > it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> > > the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> > > dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> > > makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> > > So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> > > use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> > > plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> > > really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> > > making that horrible noise.
> > > Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> > > that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

> > It's called a "Squeegee".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ueegee&spell=1

> > HTH?

> The gal (or guy?) needs a NEW a boyfriend fer cryin' out loud...
>
> Jeesh if somebody did that in my home they'd be OUT immediately.

I dunno...

If I were to dissacociate myself from every human that did something
that irritated me, I'd be very, very lonely after awhile. ;-)

If he can find a "soft" solution, (I thought the squeegee idea was
excellent!), then why not?

Everyone has their little idiosynchracies (or however the hell you spell
that!)

K.
Sam D.

"Voyager" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad,

puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left

of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

I think a bowl scraper would probably work better than a squeegee.

Sam D.

"Voyager" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad,

puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left

of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

I think a bowl scraper would probably work better than a squeegee.

Kswck

"Voyager" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Please do not feed the trolls.

Kswck

"Voyager" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Please do not feed the trolls.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Steve Calvin

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

How about a rubber spatula?

http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

elaine

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Voyager wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> > it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> > the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> > dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> > makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> > So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> > use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> > plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> > really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> > making that horrible noise.
> > Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> > that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

> How about a rubber spatula?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3zot8

Or a plastic plate. My daughter goes nuts when anyone scrapes their plate
in our house - she will only use plastic at home. Needless to say, her
sisters have had a lot of fun with this when she was growing up!

Elaine

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Dave Smith

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

wff_ng_6

"Dave Smith" > wrote:
> Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
> cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Could be worse... like taking EVERYONE's salad bowl after the meal and
recycling everyone's salad dressing back into the bottle. I kid you not!
This is the same relative I lived with during my college years that thought
chili powder might be an acceptable substitute if one ran out of paprika.
They're both red, aren't they? Codfish cakes and beans just doesn't taste
right with that substitution... not that it ever tasted good to me. Thank
God that was 30 years ago, but some memories are still fresh! ;-)

wff_ng_6

"Dave Smith" > wrote:
> Are you looking for a squeegee or a room mate who is not so incredibly
> cheap that he recycles salad dressing?

Could be worse... like taking EVERYONE's salad bowl after the meal and
recycling everyone's salad dressing back into the bottle. I kid you not!
This is the same relative I lived with during my college years that thought
chili powder might be an acceptable substitute if one ran out of paprika.
They're both red, aren't they? Codfish cakes and beans just doesn't taste
right with that substitution... not that it ever tasted good to me. Thank
God that was 30 years ago, but some memories are still fresh! ;-)

Puester

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

It's called a squeegee. You might be able to achieve the same
action with a windshield snow scraper. Can you convince him to
leave the dressing in the cup and dip forkfuls of salad into the cup?

gloria p
Puester

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

It's called a squeegee. You might be able to achieve the same
action with a windshield snow scraper. Can you convince him to
leave the dressing in the cup and dip forkfuls of salad into the cup?

gloria p
Serendipity

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

I'd just use a minature rubber spatula. I have one that is about an
inch wide. But, my question would be why does he do this? He's eaten
off the plate and introduced germs to what's left of the dressing so to
me, it doesn't seem very sanitary to keep it.

--
Think beyond your assumptions.

Serendipity

Voyager wrote:

> Hello,
> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
> making that horrible noise.
> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

I'd just use a minature rubber spatula. I have one that is about an
inch wide. But, my question would be why does he do this? He's eaten
off the plate and introduced germs to what's left of the dressing so to
me, it doesn't seem very sanitary to keep it.

--
Think beyond your assumptions.
Jeff Bienstadt

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Voyager wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
>> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
>> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
>> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
>> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
>> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
>> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
>> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
>> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
>> making that horrible noise.
>> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
>> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

> How about a rubber spatula?

Or a plastic bench scraper.

---jkb

--
"Oh! Spoons! Can I assume the potatoes will be mashed tonight?"
-- Bobby Hill

Jeff Bienstadt

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Voyager wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Here is the situation. My roommate loves salads. Makes his salad, puts
>> it on his flat plate, and when done eating it, scrapes what's left of
>> the dressing on the plates surface into a little cup to use for his
>> dinner. He uses a knife to scrape the remainings and the noise it
>> makes drives me crazy and raises every hair on my body!
>> So, I am looking for something, sort of a miniature of the thing you
>> use at gas stations to clean your windows, where one side is a hard
>> plastic and scrapes off the water, only in this case, it would be a
>> really small tool to help him scrape of his darn dressing without
>> making that horrible noise.
>> Is there such a thing? What can I get him to stop him from creating
>> that horrible noise??? Please help!!!!!!!! or I'll go crazy!

> How about a rubber spatula?

Or a plastic bench scraper.

---jkb

--
"Oh! Spoons! Can I assume the potatoes will be mashed tonight?"
-- Bobby Hill

BigDog

Voyager wrote in rec.food.cooking

How about using LESS dressing.