jmcquown

Default Wish I'd gotten batteries for Christmas!

No, not for what Sheldon may think!

I ordered a mirror for Peaches which arrived yesterday. It has a recordable
chip in it, to help teach her to talk. It has a motion sensor so when she
looks in the mirror it will play whatever phrase I record. It also has a
light sensor so at night it shuts off. I forgot to buy AAA batteries for
the darned thing. Maybe I'll see if Walgreens is open later in the day.

Happy Holidays!

OB Food: breakfast was a toasted English muffin with a small fried egg and a
couple of strips of bacon. Yum!

--
Jill, Persia & Peaches the Nyasa lovebird

Gregory Morrow

jmcquown wrote:

> No, not for what Sheldon may think!
>
> I ordered a mirror for Peaches which arrived yesterday. It has a

recordable
> chip in it, to help teach her to talk. It has a motion sensor so when she
> looks in the mirror it will play whatever phrase I record. It also has a
> light sensor so at night it shuts off. I forgot to buy AAA batteries for
> the darned thing. Maybe I'll see if Walgreens is open later in the day.

Jill, you should have Sheldon record some phrases for Peaches to learn ;---)

--
Best
Greg

jmcquown

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I ordered a mirror for Peaches which arrived yesterday. It has a
>> recordable chip in it, to help teach her to talk.
>> forgot to buy AAA batteries for the darned thing. Maybe I'll see if
>> Walgreens is open later in the day.
>>

> Jill, you should have Sheldon record some phrases for Peaches to learn

;---)

LOL! What a great idea! Merry Christmas, Gregory!

Laura

ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the damn
seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on husband..they
are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

--

Laura

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> No, not for what Sheldon may think!
>
> I ordered a mirror for Peaches which arrived yesterday. It has a

recordable
> chip in it, to help teach her to talk. It has a motion sensor so when she
> looks in the mirror it will play whatever phrase I record. It also has a
> light sensor so at night it shuts off. I forgot to buy AAA batteries for
> the darned thing. Maybe I'll see if Walgreens is open later in the day.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> OB Food: breakfast was a toasted English muffin with a small fried egg and

> couple of strips of bacon. Yum!
>
> --
> Jill, Persia & Peaches the Nyasa lovebird

Laura

ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the damn
seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on husband..they
are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

--

Laura

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> No, not for what Sheldon may think!
>
> I ordered a mirror for Peaches which arrived yesterday. It has a

recordable
> chip in it, to help teach her to talk. It has a motion sensor so when she
> looks in the mirror it will play whatever phrase I record. It also has a
> light sensor so at night it shuts off. I forgot to buy AAA batteries for
> the darned thing. Maybe I'll see if Walgreens is open later in the day.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> OB Food: breakfast was a toasted English muffin with a small fried egg and

> couple of strips of bacon. Yum!
>
> --
> Jill, Persia & Peaches the Nyasa lovebird

Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura" >
wrote:

>ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the damn
>seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on husband..they
>are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
the time. *shrug*

--
Siobhan Perricone
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or

You have a choice: www.deanforamerica.com
Feel free to contact me about him, he was my governor and "boss" for 10 years.

"If the percent of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you
can connect with African American voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin
Luther King, Jr." - Howard Dean
Taffy Stoker

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:16:19 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
>herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
>the time. *shrug*

I *have* to check it all the time. I live with my two sons here
and I am the only female in the house so if it needs putting down I am
the one who has to do it.

Wayne Boatwright

Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"
> > wrote:
>
>>ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the
>>damn seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on
>>husband..they are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
> herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check
> all the time. *shrug*
>
> --
> Siobhan Perricone

I've never really understood this thing where men should always leave the
toilet seat down when they leave the bathroom. Just as I'm sure that
women don't want to sit on the rim of the toilet, I'm equally sure that
men don't want to pee on the seat, but you don't hear many men griping
that women don't leave the seat up when they're finished. However, an
equal argument would be that women should always leave the seat up.

It seems to me that women can just as easily see what position the seat
is in before they sit down as men can before they begin to pee.
Siobhan's one of the wiser.

There are no female residents in our house and the toilet seats are just
as likely to be left in the up position as in the down position. As far
as I'm concerned, female guests should look before they sit.

Wayne
Nancy Young

Siobhan Perricone wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"

> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
> herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
> the time. *shrug*

Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
the lid is up. Yuck.

nancy
Wayne Boatwright

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"

>> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the
>> toilet herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult,
>> I check all the time. *shrug*

> Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
> the lid is up. Yuck.
>
> nancy

Turning on a light wouldn't hurt, or having a nitelight in the bathroom.
<G>

Wayne

Nancy Young

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in
> :

> > Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
> > the lid is up. Yuck.

> Turning on a light wouldn't hurt, or having a nitelight in the bathroom.
> <G>

Completely out of the question. Luckily I don't live with one of
those 'animals with furniture' type of men.

nancy
Taffy Stoker

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 07:45:39 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"

>> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
>> herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
>> the time. *shrug*

>Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
>the lid is up. Yuck.

In the dark? Don't you turn the bathroom light on?

I do while going to the washroom at night
as I am sure most others do.

Taffy Stoker

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Completely out of the question.

How can turning on the light at night be out of the question?
*Normal* people do this you know.

Is your electricity bill too high and you are trying to reduce it?
Nancy Young

Taffy Stoker wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
> >Completely out of the question.

> How can turning on the light at night be out of the question?
> *Normal* people do this you know.
>
> Is your electricity bill too high and you are trying to reduce it?

You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
happen.

Many people do not turn on the light. Normal people.

nancy (saving electricity on a lightbulb?)
Pan Ohco

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young > wrote in
>> :

>> > Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
>> > the lid is up. Yuck.

>> Turning on a light wouldn't hurt, or having a nitelight in the bathroom.
>> <G>

>Completely out of the question. Luckily I don't live with one of
>those 'animals with furniture' type of men.
>
>nancy

Excuse me Nancy why is a nitelight out of the question.
And talking about men as "animals with furniture" sounds like it was
made by a "Female shovenist (sp) sow" :-)
Pan Ohco

Rick & Cyndi

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
in message . ..
: Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
: :
:
: > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"
: > > wrote:
: >
: >>ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will
put the
: >>damn seat down especially at night time' . Think it will
work on
: >>husband..they are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..
: >
: > Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check
the toilet
: > herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult,
I check
: > all the time. *shrug*
: >
: > --
: > Siobhan Perricone
:
[...]
=========

While I can see (rhymes with that other word <G>) both sides of
this... we keep the seat *and* lid down; therefore, everyone
needs to lift up either the lid and/or the seat. This helps to
keep the bathroom neater looking and discourages ours and any
visiting dog(s) from helping themselves to water.

Cyndi
(who has her toilet paper coming *over* the roll so that you can
fold the leading sheet into a pretty triangle)

Nancy Young

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> : There are no female residents in our house and the toilet seats
> are just
> : as likely to be left in the up position as in the down
> position. As far
> : as I'm concerned, female guests should look before they sit.

> While I can see (rhymes with that other word <G>) both sides of
> this... we keep the seat *and* lid down; therefore, everyone
> needs to lift up either the lid and/or the seat. This helps to
> keep the bathroom neater looking and discourages ours and any
> visiting dog(s) from helping themselves to water.

Exactly, why else does it have a lid, anyway. It's not like it's a
charming sight with the lid and seat up, even when it's sparkling
clean.

> Cyndi
> (who has her toilet paper coming *over* the roll so that you can
> fold the leading sheet into a pretty triangle)

I'll have you know I was sipping soda when I read that and snorted
when I laughed so I started to sneeze and had my sinuses drained
courtesy of Diet Coke. Thank you so much. But, the picture of you
doing origami in the bathroom just cracked me up. So to speak.

nancy
Sheryl

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message >...

> I've never really understood this thing where men should always leave the
> toilet seat down when they leave the bathroom. Just as I'm sure that
> women don't want to sit on the rim of the toilet, I'm equally sure that
> men don't want to pee on the seat, but you don't hear many men griping
> that women don't leave the seat up when they're finished. However, an
> equal argument would be that women should always leave the seat up.
>
> It seems to me that women can just as easily see what position the seat
> is in before they sit down as men can before they begin to pee.
> Siobhan's one of the wiser.
>
> There are no female residents in our house and the toilet seats are just
> as likely to be left in the up position as in the down position. As far
> as I'm concerned, female guests should look before they sit.
>
> Wayne

Women need to use the toilet with the seat down 100% of the time. Men
have to use the toilet with the seat down about 20% of the time.
Therefore, when there are 2 people, one man, one woman, in the house,
the "majority" of the uses will be seat down...therefore the "normal"
position should be down. If you can put the seat up, why can't you
put it back the way you found it?

Also, I have NEVER, EVER understood...if they can aim and successfully
make their target when it's for their pleasure...and it's a much
smaller target then...why can't they manage to pee without getting any
on the seat?????? How hard can it be to aim a thin stream of liquid
emerging from a small diameter opening at a target about 12 inches
diameter???? I just don't get it.

As for the seat....the best compromise is how Cyndi does it....keep it
closed until someone needs to use it, then return it the way you found
it, closed.
That way, EVERYONE has to make the effort.

As for the lights...no, I do not turn the light on in the middle of
the night. It would jar me awake, and that's undesirable. I have to
get back to sleep. The light would wake me up too far and there'd be
no getting back to sleep.
Nancy Young

Sheryl wrote:

> As for the seat....the best compromise is how Cyndi does it....keep it
> closed until someone needs to use it, then return it the way you found
> it, closed.
> That way, EVERYONE has to make the effort.

Yeah, what she said.

> As for the lights...no, I do not turn the light on in the middle of
> the night. It would jar me awake, and that's undesirable. I have to
> get back to sleep. The light would wake me up too far and there'd be
> no getting back to sleep.

Precisely. I'm reminded of a funny story from a woman I worked with
a long time ago. She got up in the middle of the night to take a
pee. Went in, sat down and leapt to her feet screaming bloody murder.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (laughing) Her husband was
on the bowl, didn't say anything just for a joke. Lucky he didn't
have to wash pee off his lap.

Now we're up to 2 men and 3 women who don't turn on the light in the
middle of the night.

nancy
zxcvbob

Sheryl wrote:

> Women need to use the toilet with the seat down 100% of the time. Men
> have to use the toilet with the seat down about 20% of the time.
> Therefore, when there are 2 people, one man, one woman, in the house,
> the "majority" of the uses will be seat down...therefore the "normal"
> position should be down. If you can put the seat up, why can't you
> put it back the way you found it?
>
> Also, I have NEVER, EVER understood...if they can aim and successfully
> make their target when it's for their pleasure...and it's a much
> smaller target then...why can't they manage to pee without getting any
> on the seat?????? How hard can it be to aim a thin stream of liquid
> emerging from a small diameter opening at a target about 12 inches
> diameter???? I just don't get it.

It's not necessarily a stream at the beginning and certainly not at the
very end of the flow. And don't forget about the obligatory shake when
he's finished.

> As for the lights...no, I do not turn the light on in the middle of
> the night. It would jar me awake, and that's undesirable. I have to
> get back to sleep. The light would wake me up too far and there'd be
> no getting back to sleep.

Put a night light in the bathroom with a 4W lamp.

BTW, I have trouble convincing the females in my house that the toilet
*lid* should be closed after use. It keeps stuff from falling in the bowl,
and it prevents the splashing dirty water that gets aerosolized when you
flush from escaping and slightly contaminating every surface within about 4
or 5 feet (such as toothbrushes). The bigger issue is stuff falling in
during a flush; the person who clumsily drops bottles or handtowels in the
toilet refuses to reach in after them and can't seem to operate a closet
auger.

Best regards,
Bob

Nancy Young

zxcvbob wrote:

> BTW, I have trouble convincing the females in my house that the toilet
> *lid* should be closed after use. It keeps stuff from falling in the bowl,
> and it prevents the splashing dirty water that gets aerosolized when you
> flush from escaping and slightly contaminating every surface within about 4
> or 5 feet (such as toothbrushes).

You made me laugh because I tried to gently explain the effect of
flushing with the lid up at one point and some guy (named Bob, I
believe! 'sat you?) suddenly got it and I think he keeps the lid
down now.

nancy
Dave Smith

Sheryl wrote:

> Also, I have NEVER, EVER understood...if they can aim and successfully
> make their target when it's for their pleasure...and it's a much
> smaller target then...why can't they manage to pee without getting any
> on the seat?????? How hard can it be to aim a thin stream of liquid
> emerging from a small diameter opening at a target about 12 inches
> diameter???? I just don't get it.

I guess no one ever told you about double streamers :-)

Taffy Stoker

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:43:33 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
>Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
>in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
>happen.
>
>Many people do not turn on the light. Normal people.

I have no problem going back to sleep after I visit the bathroom
in the middle of the night with the light ON.

Anyone who goes pee in the dark deserves to hit the cold porcelain.

Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:12:30 -0600, zxcvbob > wrote:

>and it prevents the splashing dirty water that gets aerosolized when you
>flush from escaping and slightly contaminating every surface within about 4
>or 5 feet (such as toothbrushes).

I have to admit, this is the most compelling argument I've heard for
putting both the lid and the seat down before flushing. At least it's
based on something more ... I dunno... logical seeming.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

You have a choice: www.deanforamerica.com
Feel free to contact me about him, he was my governor and "boss" for 10 years.

"If the percent of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you
can connect with African American voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin
Luther King, Jr." - Howard Dean

Siobhan Perricone

wrote:

>Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"

>> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
>> herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
>> the time. *shrug*

>Some of us prefer not feeling all over a toilet in the dark to find
>the lid is up. Yuck.

Uhm that's what nightlights are for. I don't like wandering around in the
dark at all, so I have a nightlight that burns very low in the bathroom.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

You have a choice: www.deanforamerica.com
Feel free to contact me about him, he was my governor and "boss" for 10 years.

"If the percent of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you
can connect with African American voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin
Luther King, Jr." - Howard Dean
Siobhan Perricone

wrote:

>Taffy Stoker wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Completely out of the question.

>> How can turning on the light at night be out of the question?
>> *Normal* people do this you know.
>>
>> Is your electricity bill too high and you are trying to reduce it?

>You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
>Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
>in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
>happen.

That's why you have a very low burning nightlight. I don't see what's so
hard about this. It's only enough light to see where you're going, that's
it. It never wakes us up. *shrug*

--
Siobhan Perricone
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

You have a choice: www.deanforamerica.com
Feel free to contact me about him, he was my governor and "boss" for 10 years.

"If the percent of minorities in your state has anything to do with how you
can connect with African American voters, then Trent Lott would be Martin
Luther King, Jr." - Howard Dean
Nancy Young

Taffy Stoker wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:43:33 -0500, Nancy Young

> >You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
> >Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
> >in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
> >happen.
> >
> >Many people do not turn on the light. Normal people.

> I have no problem going back to sleep after I visit the bathroom
> in the middle of the night with the light ON.

Goodie for you. So what? I do not like being blinded by a light
when I was just sleeping in the dark.

> Anyone who goes pee in the dark deserves to hit the cold porcelain.

Luckily never happens or has happened to me.

nancy
-L.

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message >...
> Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the
> >>damn seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on
> >>husband..they are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

> > Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
> > herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check
> > all the time. *shrug*
> >
> > --
> > Siobhan Perricone

> I've never really understood this thing where men should always leave the
> toilet seat down when they leave the bathroom. Just as I'm sure that
> women don't want to sit on the rim of the toilet, I'm equally sure that
> men don't want to pee on the seat, but you don't hear many men griping
> that women don't leave the seat up when they're finished. However, an
> equal argument would be that women should always leave the seat up.

It just looks gross. A toilet should always be shut when not in use -
seat AND cover.

-L.
(Who's husband is a pig and leaves it up and that is why she has TWO
of her own bathrooms.)
-L.

(Sheryl) wrote in message om>...
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message >...
> >
> > I've never really understood this thing where men should always leave the
> > toilet seat down when they leave the bathroom. Just as I'm sure that
> > women don't want to sit on the rim of the toilet, I'm equally sure that
> > men don't want to pee on the seat, but you don't hear many men griping
> > that women don't leave the seat up when they're finished. However, an
> > equal argument would be that women should always leave the seat up.
> >
> > It seems to me that women can just as easily see what position the seat
> > is in before they sit down as men can before they begin to pee.
> > Siobhan's one of the wiser.
> >
> > There are no female residents in our house and the toilet seats are just
> > as likely to be left in the up position as in the down position. As far
> > as I'm concerned, female guests should look before they sit.
> >
> > Wayne

> Women need to use the toilet with the seat down 100% of the time. Men
> have to use the toilet with the seat down about 20% of the time.
> Therefore, when there are 2 people, one man, one woman, in the house,
> the "majority" of the uses will be seat down...therefore the "normal"
> position should be down. If you can put the seat up, why can't you
> put it back the way you found it?
>
> Also, I have NEVER, EVER understood...if they can aim and successfully
> make their target when it's for their pleasure...and it's a much
> smaller target then...why can't they manage to pee without getting any
> on the seat?????? How hard can it be to aim a thin stream of liquid
> emerging from a small diameter opening at a target about 12 inches
> diameter????

Evidently pretty hard. We had this discussion. Evidently the stream
has its own mind some of the time, and splits in half or showers
everywhere. That's why those antibacterial flushable cleaning wipes
are a must.

-L.

sf

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:16:19 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:26:57 GMT, "Laura" >
> wrote:
>
> >ooh..should have gotten one of those for my husband.."I will put the damn
> >seat down especially at night time' . Think it will work on husband..they
> >are smarter than cats...right...maybe not..

> Certainly no smarter than a female who can't think to check the toilet
> herself before sitting on it. It's not really that difficult, I check all
> the time. *shrug*

So your man has you trained.... might as well throw away the
toilet and install a urinal.

sf

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:44:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> There are no female residents in our house and the toilet seats are just
> as likely to be left in the up position as in the down position. As far
> as I'm concerned, female guests should look before they sit.

To begin with, a toilet with the seat up is not only a waste
of money (why bother to buy the seat?), it's UGLY to look
at.

sf

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:57:37 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> While I can see (rhymes with that other word <G>) both sides of
> this... we keep the seat *and* lid down; therefore, everyone
> needs to lift up either the lid and/or the seat. This helps to
> keep the bathroom neater looking

Seat & lid are the same, IMO. Lifters should close both.

sf

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:43:33 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> Taffy Stoker wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Completely out of the question.

> > How can turning on the light at night be out of the question?
> > *Normal* people do this you know.
> >
> > Is your electricity bill too high and you are trying to reduce it?

> You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
> Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
> in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
> happen.
>
> Many people do not turn on the light. Normal people.
>
> nancy (saving electricity on a lightbulb?)

I'm with you, Nancy. I also have a hard time going to sleep
after the light has been on.

Fortunately, this subject isn't a bone of contention here.
I lift one, he lifts two... and they are always returned to
their original position - which is DOWN.

Nancy Young

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:43:33 -0500, Nancy Young

> > Taffy Stoker wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:10:07 -0500, Nancy Young

> > > How can turning on the light at night be out of the question?
> > > *Normal* people do this you know.
> > >
> > > Is your electricity bill too high and you are trying to reduce it?

> > You must be joking. I'm going to have to assume this is a joke.
> > Sorry, but I like to go back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom
> > in the middle of the night and after being blinded, that will not
> > happen.
> >
> > Many people do not turn on the light. Normal people.
> >
> > nancy (saving electricity on a lightbulb?)

> I'm with you, Nancy. I also have a hard time going to sleep
> after the light has been on.

I have to assume Taffy is a troll.

> Fortunately, this subject isn't a bone of contention here.
> I lift one, he lifts two... and they are always returned to
> their original position - which is DOWN.

Same here, it's just not a problem.

nancy

Dave Smith

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> > I live with my 2 sons. The seat is *never* down when I need to go so I
> > must do this for myself. No big deal and I do not complain about it
> > either. It is just a fact of my daily life.

> Well, maybe you need to TEACH your sons to be considerate men and lower the
> seat when they are finished.

Ann Landers posted the ultimate letter on the topic. It was from a woman who
shared a place with two men. She figured that she would rather check and make
sure the seat was down than to sit on a wet one.

You would have a hard time convincing me that women have better bathroom habits
than men. During high my high school years I worked part time for a while
cleaning a restaurant. The women's washroom was always filthier than the men's
room.