jmk

Default Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe

On 7/26/2004 8:45 PM, brushfire wrote:
> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
> the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
> Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
> outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

I actually don't do the foil. My 9x12 pan is pyrex. I get out the
butter for the recipe, use the wrapper(s) to grease the pan, being sure
to coat the corners. After preparing the pan this way, I start to make
the recipe.

FWIW, I do think that they mean lining the inside only. I have done dog
treat recipes that require this treatment... It does make clean up a snap.

I hope that this helps!

--
jmk in NC