Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Where's My Eggo>

Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
Eggo's. What will be next?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
> Eggo's. What will be next?
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

Eggos? Make your own waffles

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Thu 19 Nov 2009 12:21:02a, sf told us...
>

>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

> If I absolutely had to eat a frozen waffle, it would be Roman Meal, not
> Eggo.
> I can't remember the last decade I ate a frozen waffle.

Thanks for setting off a craving! I still have my mother's old (1950's)
waffle iron so maybe I'll make waffles for breakfast. Later... it's too
early to eat

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:33:23 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc
>>

>Eggos? Make your own waffles

You're not used to feeding rugrats. Frozen waffles/pancakes
are good to keep on hand for the grands... their eyes are much bigger
than their stomachs... they get all excited about waffles and then
after mixing up a bunch of batter and cooking a stack all they eat is
one, barely... slipping one [small] frozen waffle into the toaster
makes much more sense.... and be sure to keep a wet washcloth on the
table, it's amazing how much syrup can stick to little hands. And I
don't like waffles/pancakes, never did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 19 Nov 2009 12:21:02a, sf told us...
>
>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

> If I absolutely had to eat a frozen waffle, it would be Roman Meal, not Eggo.
> I can't remember the last decade I ate a frozen waffle.

I had home made waffles when I was a kid and my wife likes to make them.
They are a bit of work, but they sure are worth it. I tried frozen
waffles once, decades ago. I was not impressed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
> Eggo's. What will be next?
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

> Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
> going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.

I'd rather make French toast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:18:39 -0500, Felice wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

> Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
> going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.
>
> Felice

i guess it will have to be back to pop-tarts.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 8:01�am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
.. �And I
> don't like waffles/pancakes, never did.

I've never liked waffles or pancakes either. For that matter, I don't
even like french toast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:

> Ah, but did you freeze any you made? I'll have to modify my
> original response. I have eaten plenty of frozen waffles, but they
> were the extras that we froze in bags with parchment between them.
> Toast them up, and you have a great quick breakfast on a weekday. We
> usually make four to six times the recipe of pancakes or waffles and
> freeze the extras.

We do that as well. Any time that we make a batch, we make enough batter to
stick a bunch in the freezer. They do toast up nicely :-)

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
>
>> Ah, but did you freeze any you made? I'll have to modify my
>> original response. I have eaten plenty of frozen waffles, but they
>> were the extras that we froze in bags with parchment between them.
>> Toast them up, and you have a great quick breakfast on a weekday. We
>> usually make four to six times the recipe of pancakes or waffles and
>> freeze the extras.

> We do that as well. Any time that we make a batch, we make enough batter
> to stick a bunch in the freezer. They do toast up nicely :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Toaster waffles rank up there with frozen fish sticks as kid food.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:18:39 -0500, Felice wrote:
>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>>
>>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

>> Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
>> going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.
>>
>> Felice

> i guess it will have to be back to pop-tarts.

Pop tarts rock! Blueberry nonfrosted with butter all smushed into the top. I
know it has been decades.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
> In article > ,
> Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> I had home made waffles when I was a kid and my wife likes to make them.
>> They are a bit of work, but they sure are worth it. I tried frozen
>> waffles once, decades ago. I was not impressed.

> Ah, but did you freeze any you made? I'll have to modify my original
> response. I have eaten plenty of frozen waffles, but they were the
> extras that we froze in bags with parchment between them. Toast them
> up, and you have a great quick breakfast on a weekday.

We just make single batches and wrap up any extras and keep them in the
fridge for a day or two and toast them lightly, just enough to warm them
up. They aren't as good as freshly made waffles, but they are better
than Eggos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> >
> > i guess it will have to be back to pop-tarts.

> Pop tarts rock! Blueberry nonfrosted with butter all smushed into the top. I
> know it has been decades.

Yeah, but it's damned near impossible to find nonfrosted
Pop Tarts any more, at least around here. I liked the brown sugar
and cinnamon ones without frosting, but haven't seen any in the
stores in years. Of course, I haven't really been looking too hard
either, but every once in a while I'll check out the Pop Tarts
section in the grocery store hoping to find some without frosting.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 2:35�pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Nov 19, 8:01 am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> > . And I
> >> don't like waffles/pancakes, never did.

> > I've never liked waffles or pancakes either. �For that matter, I don't
> > even like french toast.

> Maybe you have never had good ones. Over the years I have reluctantly
> tried pancakes, waffles and French toast in restaurants, usually pancake
> specialty places, and they never fail to disappoint. The worst pancakes
> were some in a pancake joint about a year ago. The worst French �toast
> was in a local restaurant that used fresh cheap white bread dipped in
> egg nog <?> It was wretched. We eat all three at home on a fairly
> regular basis, making pancakes and waffles from scratch, and making
> French toast with good quality bread that has gone stale. They are all
> delicious.

My mom used to make pancakes and waffles from scratch all the time.
She grew up on a farm and learned to cook at a very early age. Her
waffles and pancakes always looked pretty and everybody else would go
after them like a bunch of pigs but I just never did care for them.
I'm sure they were good. I just don't like waffles or pancakes. The
same goes for french toast. I don't like bagels either. Now I will
eat any of that stuff if I have to. I would just never choose to eat
it. For me a good breakfast is a bowl of cereal, a glass of fresh
squeezed orange juice, and two pieces of cinnamon toast. If I don't
have cinnamon toast I like to have a homemade croissant with either
honey or strawberry preserves. Sometimes I'll indulge and have
homemade cinnamon rolls or danish pastry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:20:47 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Nov 19, 8:01?am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>. ?And I
>> don't like waffles/pancakes, never did.

>I've never liked waffles or pancakes either. For that matter, I don't
>even like french toast.

Well, I do. I even like toaster waffles.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

>Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
>going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.
>
>Felice

To tell you the honest to god truth, it probably won't shake them up
any more and probably less than the pumpkin shortage.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:20:47 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>>On Nov 19, 8:01?am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>>. ?And I
>>> don't like waffles/pancakes, never did.

>>I've never liked waffles or pancakes either. For that matter, I don't
>>even like french toast.

> Well, I do. I even like toaster waffles.

haha. Philistine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
> Eggo's. What will be next?
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

They are advertised so heavily around here, one assumes the supply must
be good. Otherwise why bother? Never mind...the answer to that is
obvious

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Hang on to your hats! First we have a pumpkin shortage, now it's
>> Eggo's. What will be next?
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=awdcxj2tvRYc

>Can't imagine eating a frozen waffle but apparently for some people it's
>going to be the end of breakfast as they know it. Poor them.
>
>Felice

To tell you the honest to god truth, it probably won't shake up people
any more than the pumpkin shortage. I just thought it was funny.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:40:04 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:20:47 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Nov 19, 8:01?am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>>>. ?And I
>>>
>>>I've never liked waffles or pancakes either. For that matter, I don't
>>>even like french toast.

>> Well, I do. I even like toaster waffles.
>>

>haha. Philistine.

I put real butter and real maple syrup on them too.

You can call me Phil.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Let go of that EGGO! Taxed and Spent General Cooking 20 22-09-2016 10:19 PM
Eggo Cakes Nicholas Forystek Recipes 0 19-11-2015 06:16 PM
Sandy Eggo Cookin David Barto General Cooking 5 15-06-2004 01:57 AM
Sandy Eggo Cookin kalanamak General Cooking 13 06-06-2004 10:36 PM
Dinner with RFC'ers in Sandy Eggo? Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 19-04-2004 04:03 AM