kalanamak

Default Sandy Eggo Cookin

Barring emergencies, and if I can get the cabin-fevered hub home and off
his motorcycle, I will be boxing up the garam masala this weekend. Plan
on bringing some home and storing it in the freezer, in glass.
For anyone new to cook-ins, try to bring a spare eater or two. There
tends to be a sagging table in the middle of these cook-ins.
blacksalt
last attended cook-in was crowned by a late arriving master cook with
enough food to feed everyone all by herself.
Terry Pulliam Burd

Haven't seen a post in a few days and making sure we're still on for
the 12th. Was out of town a couple of weekends and might have missed
something.

I'm experimenting with a recipe that is a mite peculiar, so may wind
up bringing take-out pizza if the recipe turns on me <g> A second
recipe is Tried and True.

Charlie, we have a spare cooler if you still need it (not completely
empty, but can take a few things). No lawn chairs extra, but anything
else?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Regime Change Begins At Home."

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"
Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> Haven't seen a post in a few days and making sure we're still on for
> the 12th. Was out of town a couple of weekends and might have missed
> something.

I've sent you at least 3-4 emails over the last 3 weeks. I hope you got
them. If you didn't get the directions let me know. Sure we are on schedule.

> I'm experimenting with a recipe that is a mite peculiar, so may wind
> up bringing take-out pizza if the recipe turns on me <g> A second
> recipe is Tried and True.

Uh, Oh! ;-)

> Charlie, we have a spare cooler if you still need it (not completely
> empty, but can take a few things). No lawn chairs extra, but anything
> else?

We need the coolers to hold ice at the event (both clean ice and bottle/can
filled ice). We can use a bag or two of chipped ice. We can always use a few
extra beers and wine. Don't forget something for the drawing!

Charlie

> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "Regime Change Begins At Home."
>
> To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"

Charles Gifford

"kalanamak" > wrote in message
> Barring emergencies, and if I can get the cabin-fevered hub home and off
> his motorcycle, I will be boxing up the garam masala this weekend. Plan
> on bringing some home and storing it in the freezer, in glass.
> For anyone new to cook-ins, try to bring a spare eater or two. There
> tends to be a sagging table in the middle of these cook-ins.
> blacksalt
> last attended cook-in was crowned by a late arriving master cook with
> enough food to feed everyone all by herself.

We try to encourage people to spread out the food presentations. We usually
serve the last round of cooking and presentation around 7:00 p.m. or so. The
first couple of hours are always dedicated to drinking alcoholic beverages.

Charlie

Rich

Charles Gifford wrote:

>>Haven't seen a post in a few days and making sure we're still on for
>>the 12th. Was out of town a couple of weekends and might have missed
>>something.

> I've sent you at least 3-4 emails over the last 3 weeks. I hope you got
> them. If you didn't get the directions let me know. Sure we are on schedule.

Hi Charlie,

There hasn't been much said on the newsgroup and we haven't received
any emails concerning the Cook-In. Could you send us any info we
need to know? It's still at the Barto's home, right? I'm pretty
sure I remember how to get there, but you might send directions
just in case...

Rich

hw

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "kalanamak" > wrote in message
> > Barring emergencies, and if I can get the cabin-fevered hub home and off
> > his motorcycle, I will be boxing up the garam masala this weekend. Plan
> > on bringing some home and storing it in the freezer, in glass.
> > For anyone new to cook-ins, try to bring a spare eater or two. There
> > tends to be a sagging table in the middle of these cook-ins.
> > blacksalt
> > last attended cook-in was crowned by a late arriving master cook with
> > enough food to feed everyone all by herself.

> We try to encourage people to spread out the food presentations. We

usually
> serve the last round of cooking and presentation around 7:00 p.m. or so.

The
> first couple of hours are always dedicated to drinking alcoholic

beverages.

> Charlie

cool....I'll bring some two-buck chuck from trader joe's....

Harriet

alzelt

Charles Gifford wrote:

> "kalanamak" > wrote in message
>
>>Barring emergencies, and if I can get the cabin-fevered hub home and off
>>his motorcycle, I will be boxing up the garam masala this weekend. Plan
>>on bringing some home and storing it in the freezer, in glass.
>>For anyone new to cook-ins, try to bring a spare eater or two. There
>>tends to be a sagging table in the middle of these cook-ins.
>>blacksalt
>>last attended cook-in was crowned by a late arriving master cook with
>>enough food to feed everyone all by herself.

> We try to encourage people to spread out the food presentations. We usually
> serve the last round of cooking and presentation around 7:00 p.m. or so. The
> first couple of hours are always dedicated to drinking alcoholic beverages.
>
> Charlie

Oh, and you find no time for drinking later in the day? You changing in
your old age Charlie?
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Charles Gifford

"alzelt" > wrote in message

> Charles Gifford wrote:
> >
> > We try to encourage people to spread out the food presentations. We

usually
> > serve the last round of cooking and presentation around 7:00 p.m. or so.

The
> > first couple of hours are always dedicated to drinking alcoholic

beverages.

> > Charlie
> >

> Oh, and you find no time for drinking later in the day? You changing in
> your old age Charlie?
> --
> Alan

The last 2 hours, as you well know, are dedicated to heavy drinking,
especially fine wine, cognac, etc. fine desserts, and CIGARS.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Rich" > wrote in message
om...

> Charles Gifford wrote:
>
> >>Haven't seen a post in a few days and making sure we're still on for
> >>the 12th. Was out of town a couple of weekends and might have missed
> >>something.

> > I've sent you at least 3-4 emails over the last 3 weeks. I hope you got
> > them. If you didn't get the directions let me know. Sure we are on

schedule.

> Hi Charlie,
>
> There hasn't been much said on the newsgroup and we haven't received
> any emails concerning the Cook-In. Could you send us any info we
> need to know? It's still at the Barto's home, right? I'm pretty
> sure I remember how to get there, but you might send directions
> just in case...
>
> Rich

OH! MY! GOD! No wonder I never heard back from anyone with questions. Why
didn't anyone question me about not hearing anything? Everything has gone
through well enough before and my test packages have arrived as scheduled.
Holy Crap!

Fine. I'll send all the information again. Thanks for letting me know about
it Rich. I apologize for the messages not getting thorough.

Charlie

Orion

> > Charles Gifford wrote:
> > >
> > > We try to encourage people to spread out the food presentations. We

> usually
> > > serve the last round of cooking and presentation around 7:00 p.m. or

so.
> The
> > > first couple of hours are always dedicated to drinking alcoholic

> beverages.
> > >
> > > Charlie
> > >

> > Oh, and you find no time for drinking later in the day? You changing in
> > your old age Charlie?
> > --
> > Alan

> The last 2 hours, as you well know, are dedicated to heavy drinking,
> especially fine wine, cognac, etc. fine desserts, and CIGARS.
>
> Charlie

guess I best bring those cigarettes! Got your email, mailed you back.

Suzan

Charles Gifford

"Orion" > wrote in message

> > usually

> so.
> > The

> > beverages.

> > > Oh, and you find no time for drinking later in the day? You changing

in
> > > your old age Charlie?
> > > --
> > > Alan

> > The last 2 hours, as you well know, are dedicated to heavy drinking,
> > especially fine wine, cognac, etc. fine desserts, and CIGARS.
> >
> > Charlie

> guess I best bring those cigarettes! Got your email, mailed you back.
>
> Suzan

I'll set up extra chairs in the Smoking Section! I'll try not to fall off my
seat onto the decking this year. How embarrassing that was! (I still think
Jack Schidt pushed me). Got your mail back! Thank you!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Rich" > wrote in message
om...

> Hi Charlie,
>
> There hasn't been much said on the newsgroup and we haven't received
> any emails concerning the Cook-In. Could you send us any info we
> need to know? It's still at the Barto's home, right? I'm pretty
> sure I remember how to get there, but you might send directions
> just in case...
>
> Rich

Hi again Rich! My email to you bounced again. The Cook-In is at the Barto's
again. Starting at 1:00 p.m. on the 12th. I will not post the directions
here, so unless I can get email to you, you will need to rely on your
memory! I am using the same address that I've used before, but it bounces.
That must be why you didn't get it the first time around and I just didn't
note the bounce. Email me Rich and we will see what can be done.

Charlie

Charlotte L. Blackmer

In article . net>,
Charles Gifford > wrote:

>"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Haven't seen a post in a few days and making sure we're still on for
>> the 12th. Was out of town a couple of weekends and might have missed
>> something.

>I've sent you at least 3-4 emails over the last 3 weeks. I hope you got
>them. If you didn't get the directions let me know. Sure we are on schedule.
>
>> I'm experimenting with a recipe that is a mite peculiar, so may wind
>> up bringing take-out pizza if the recipe turns on me <g> A second
>> recipe is Tried and True.

>Uh, Oh! ;-)

I am baking like a fiend on one of the hottest days of the year. In a
house with no AC.

>> Charlie, we have a spare cooler if you still need it (not completely
>> empty, but can take a few things). No lawn chairs extra, but anything
>> else?

>We need the coolers to hold ice at the event (both clean ice and bottle/can
>filled ice). We can use a bag or two of chipped ice. We can always use a few
>extra beers and wine. Don't forget something for the drawing!

I will probably have a cooler with me. Will swing by for ice before I
leave San Clemente.

Charlotte
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:54:44 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> arranged random neurons, so they looked like
this:

>I'll set up extra chairs in the Smoking Section! I'll try not to fall off my
>seat onto the decking this year. How embarrassing that was! (I still think
>Jack Schidt pushed me). Got your mail back! Thank you!

If you recall, the DH smokes <sigh>, so save a spot in the Smoking
Section for him.

I just took the "Country Pate" out of the oven. Will let it cool to
room temperature, then it has to sit for several days to age itself.
Should be perfect on The Day. Or a right old disaster. We'll take a
vote <g>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Regime Change Begins At Home."

To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"

Sandy Eggo Cookin David Barto General Cooking 22 30-06-2005 04:58 AM
Sandy Eggo cook-in Dimitri Barbecue 1 30-06-2005 01:31 AM
Sandy Eggo Cookin David Barto General Cooking 5 15-06-2004 01:57 AM
Dinner with RFC'ers in Sandy Eggo? Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 19-04-2004 04:03 AM
Ping: Harry D re Sandy Eggo Cookin Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 0 03-03-2004 05:27 AM