Posted to rec.food.baking

Default How do I estimate time when baking smaller loaves?

I want to make the Chocolate-Cherry Pecan Bread in King Arthur's
August Catalog. The directions are for baking in in a Dutch Oven like
the bread from The New York Times last November. I would like to bake
it in 8 1-pint casseroles instead. The baking time for large loaf is
20 minutes with the lid on and then 30 to 40 minutes with the lid off.
Anyone have a guess at what time I should remove the lid on the small
casseroles?

Posted to rec.food.baking

"BobbiJo_AZ" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I want to make the Chocolate-Cherry Pecan Bread in King Arthur's
> August Catalog. The directions are for baking in in a Dutch Oven like
> the bread from The New York Times last November. I would like to bake
> it in 8 1-pint casseroles instead. The baking time for large loaf is
> 20 minutes with the lid on and then 30 to 40 minutes with the lid off.
> Anyone have a guess at what time I should remove the lid on the small
> casseroles?

Just a reminder, you may not be aware of this.
Crossposting the same message to more than one group is a violation of
newsgroup etiquette.
The coherencey of the response thread gets lost and you don't know who is
saying what.
Try to avoid,
Thanks in advance,
Kent

Baking with my new starter for the first time zxcvbob Sourdough 7 02-01-2013 10:59 PM
Adjustment for baking two loaves of bread? Kalmia Baking 3 17-03-2011 01:28 PM
stupid estimate of the day DaleW Wine 10 05-02-2010 05:07 PM
adjusting baking times for smaller pans Dawn[_5_] General Cooking 3 16-11-2009 03:25 AM
Baking 2 loaves of my Banana Bread 2.0! John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 7 28-08-2009 04:42 PM