Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Penzeys "Creamy Peppercorn"

Wow! This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. I
made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
liquid add:
Creamy Peppercorn
This robust, pepper and herb dressing will enhance the heartiest
salad. Great spread on turkey or roast beef sandwiches, or used as a
dip for fresh garden vegetables. Also nice for dressing potato or
pasta salad. Mix 1 TB. seasoning with 2 TB. water, let stand 5
minutes, then whisk with ½ Cup sour cream and ½ Cup mayonnaise. Thin
with a few tablespoons of vinegar or water. Reduced fat mayo or sour
cream can be used, and yogurt works well as a replacement for sour
cream. Hand-mixed from: Tellicherry cracked black pepper, coarse salt,
garlic, sugar, thyme, parsley.

I called in another Penzeys yesterday, including a good supply of this
new to me one. 'Twas suggested that I try using this blend for beef
or pork roasts, including their pan-roast veggies. As I've never
knowingly used Thyme for red meats or any vegetables, perhaps that
single ingredient is what makes this mix a new and wonderful surprise
to me!
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 25, 8:07*pm, PickyJaz > wrote:
> Wow! *This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. *I
> made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
> Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
> liquid add:
> Creamy Peppercorn
> This robust, pepper and herb dressing will enhance the heartiest
> salad. Great spread on turkey or roast beef sandwiches, or used as a
> dip for fresh garden vegetables. Also nice for dressing potato or
> pasta salad. Mix 1 TB. seasoning with 2 TB. water, let stand 5
> minutes, then whisk with ½ Cup sour cream and ½ Cup mayonnaise. Thin
> with a few tablespoons of vinegar or water. Reduced fat mayo or sour
> cream can be used, and yogurt works well as a replacement for sour
> cream. Hand-mixed from: Tellicherry cracked black pepper, coarse salt,
> garlic, sugar, thyme, parsley.

I bet you can come close to duplicating this yourself for a lot less $$
$ than their mix.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Jun 25, 8:07 pm, PickyJaz > wrote:
> Wow! This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. I
> made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
> Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
> liquid add:
> Creamy Peppercorn
> This robust, pepper and herb dressing will enhance the heartiest
> salad. Great spread on turkey or roast beef sandwiches, or used as a
> dip for fresh garden vegetables. Also nice for dressing potato or
> pasta salad. Mix 1 TB. seasoning with 2 TB. water, let stand 5
> minutes, then whisk with ½ Cup sour cream and ½ Cup mayonnaise. Thin
> with a few tablespoons of vinegar or water. Reduced fat mayo or sour
> cream can be used, and yogurt works well as a replacement for sour
> cream. Hand-mixed from: Tellicherry cracked black pepper, coarse salt,
> garlic, sugar, thyme, parsley.

I bet you can come close to duplicating this yourself for a lot less $$
$ than their mix.

Question: Have you ever tasted anything from Penzey's?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> On Jun 25, 8:07*pm, PickyJaz > wrote:
> > Wow! *This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> > for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. *I
> > made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
> > Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
> > liquid add:
> > Creamy Peppercorn

(snips)
> I bet you can come close to duplicating this yourself for a lot less $$
> $ than their mix.

Not if she has to buy the component ingredients and doesn't use up the
supply in a reasonable amount of time. And if she guesses as to amounts
she can use a lot of ingredients and still not hit on exactly the right
combination that she's discovered she loves.

Go, Miss Jeanine! I'll be going by Penzeys this afternoon and on your
recommendation may fetch a small bottle to test.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
PickyJaz > wrote:

> Wow! This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. I
> made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
> Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
> liquid add:
> Creamy Peppercorn
> This robust, pepper and herb dressing will enhance the heartiest
> salad. Great spread on turkey or roast beef sandwiches, or used as a
> dip for fresh garden vegetables. Also nice for dressing potato or
> pasta salad. Mix 1 TB. seasoning with 2 TB. water, let stand 5
> minutes, then whisk with ½ Cup sour cream and ½ Cup mayonnaise. Thin
> with a few tablespoons of vinegar or water. Reduced fat mayo or sour
> cream can be used, and yogurt works well as a replacement for sour
> cream. Hand-mixed from: Tellicherry cracked black pepper, coarse salt,
> garlic, sugar, thyme, parsley.
>
> I called in another Penzeys yesterday, including a good supply of this
> new to me one. 'Twas suggested that I try using this blend for beef
> or pork roasts, including their pan-roast veggies. As I've never
> knowingly used Thyme for red meats or any vegetables, perhaps that
> single ingredient is what makes this mix a new and wonderful surprise
> to me!
> ...Picky

It is delicious. That's our favorite dressing mix of theirs.

marcella

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:07:56 -0700 (PDT), PickyJaz wrote:

> Wow! This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch.

jeez, at first i read the subject line as 'creamy popcorn.'

your pal,
blake