Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Penzeys "Creamy Peppercorn"

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> On Jun 25, 8:07*pm, PickyJaz > wrote:
> > Wow! *This week I have replaced the favorite "white" salad dressing
> > for three of us at work, usual faves being Blue Cheese or Ranch. *I
> > made a try-it batch exactly as suggested on the seasoning, using Best
> > Foods/Hellman's Mayonaise and Knudsen Sour Cream, and no suggested
> > liquid add:
> > Creamy Peppercorn

(snips)
> I bet you can come close to duplicating this yourself for a lot less $$
> $ than their mix.

Not if she has to buy the component ingredients and doesn't use up the
supply in a reasonable amount of time. And if she guesses as to amounts
she can use a lot of ingredients and still not hit on exactly the right
combination that she's discovered she loves.

Go, Miss Jeanine! I'll be going by Penzeys this afternoon and on your
recommendation may fetch a small bottle to test.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009