Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scrambled eggs... hard or "creamy"?

Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
just half cooked so they are "creamy"?

I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
eggs lately and I just don't care for them.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle as
in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese and
are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 09/05/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

I like them.... barely cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 5/9/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>>
>> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>>
>> George L

> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle as in
> many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese and are
> cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> > I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> > eggs lately and I just don't care for them.

> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle as
> in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese and
> are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

To me, creamy eggs means fully cooked but not overcooked. Admittedly a
fine line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.

Watery eggs give me the heeby geebies. Even a runny yolk can't
be too runny or I won't eat it.

However, I've had wonderful creamy scrambled eggs and it
involves adding a bit of sour cream, not being under-cooked.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 May 2012 10:26:20 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
>I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>eggs lately and I just don't care for them.

Creamy can mean lots of things.

Here's how I like mine-
A splash of cream in a couple eggs. A vigorous beating with a fork
while raw, but once in the pan, be gentle and use a spatula sparingly.
Low temp & aim more for sheets than clumps. Turn the flame off
while the eggs are still glistening, and let them rest while they
finish cooking-- but do not dry them out!

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-05-09, James Silverton > wrote:

> "Soft" ones contain milk.......

Why?

I quit adding milk to my scrambled eggs 30 yrs ago. Jes leaves you
with watery eggs. I like mine soft, also, so the trick is to not
overcook them in too hot a skillet, stirring occasionally then pulling
them off when there's still a bit of raw egg remaining. Ambient heat
will set the raw egg. French style is a whole nuther ballgame.
Cooking while stirring so slowly it takes 8-10 mins. Nice and soft
with a very yolk-heavy flavor, but takes fer freakin' ever!

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Pitbull: "a gun you can pet" --Bill Burr
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 11:05 AM, Andy wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>>
>> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>>
>> George L

> Microwaved Egg Beaters cook up creamy in 60 seconds. Maybe wet is a better
> word as opposed to dry?

Yes... I do not like my scrambled eggs to be wet.

I like them dry, fully cooked.

It is strange, because I like fried eggs over easy (runny yolk) and I
also like soft boiled eggs.... but for some reason, I like scrambled
eggs thoroughly cooked.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 9:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

I like then with not a bit of raw/liquid left, but not dried out.
It's hard to achieve because the perfect stage is very short-lived.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or just
> half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled eggs
> lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

I like them cooked, not creamy, but not overcooked. More like just done.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" wrote:

> James Silverton wrote:
>
> > > I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> > > eggs lately and I just don't care for them.

> > I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle as
> > in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese and
> > are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

> To me, creamy eggs means fully cooked but not overcooked. Admittedly a
> fine line.

If you accidently overcook them, add ketchup. Different taste but it saves
the overcooked eggs.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> George Leppla > wrote:
>
> > Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> > just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
> >
> > I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> > eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
> >
> > George L

> Microwaved Egg Beaters cook up creamy in 60 seconds. Maybe wet is a better
> word as opposed to dry?
>
> Andy

Andy....just buy some real eggs, not microwaved Egg Beaters. In a frying
pan with a little butter they cook up in 60 seconds too and you can eat the
real thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Leppla > wrote:

> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

Cooked all the way through does not have to equate with 'hard". I like
my done but not to the dry curd stage.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shelley growled:

> the best method for cooking scrambled eggs is with a double boiler.

What about boobies? Don't they help?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 5:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

To get scrambled eggs creamy, you have to be moving the eggs constantly
in the pan over low heat. You also have to turn the heat off early. I've
even finished eggs off by mixing in mayo. It's tasty when you do it
right. Obviously, I like it creamy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 5:39 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> On 5/9/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>>>
>>> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>>> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>>>
>>> George L

>> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle
>> as in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese
>> and are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
your method? Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
>Ophelia wrote:

>>> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle
>>> as in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese
>>> and are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

>> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

>Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tits?

For all that heavy cream you need access to heavy boobies! LOL

( ^ )( ^ ) <----Heavy Boobies

Goldie Lox Scrambled Eggs:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eam-Cheese-718

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 2:30 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

>>> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

>> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tits?

> For all that heavy cream you need access to heavy boobies! LOL
>
> ( ^ )( ^ )<----Heavy Boobies

Those are funny looking tits. I suspect they're fake.

> Goldie Lox Scrambled Eggs:
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eam-Cheese-718

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> > I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
> your method? Thanks.

Look up "custard".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 May 2012 20:38:51 -0400, George M. Middius
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>
>> > I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

>> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
>> your method? Thanks.

>Look up "custard".

Look up quiche...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 2:42 PM, Andy wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/9/2012 5:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>>>
>>> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>>> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>>>
>>> George L

>> To get scrambled eggs creamy, you have to be moving the eggs constantly
>> in the pan over low heat. You also have to turn the heat off early.

> I've
>> even finished eggs off by mixing in mayo. It's tasty when you do it
>> right. Obviously, I like it creamy.

> I'd offer up cream cheese in place of mayo.

I've never thought of chunks of cream cheese in eggs before. It sounds
strange but so is mayo, I guess.

> Scrambled into or placed on top? I can't decide. Could be dreaming up
> disaster.
>
> I add a few drops of milk to French toast batter.
>
> That's as big a risk I'm willing to take in this lifetime. LOL!

> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 2:38 PM, George M. Middius wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

>> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
>> your method? Thanks.

> Look up "custard".

I know that but I don't want custard for breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-05-10 00:36:52 +0000, dsi1 said:

>> For all that heavy cream you need access to heavy boobies! LOL
>>
>> ( ^ )( ^ )<----Heavy Boobies

> Those are funny looking tits. I suspect they're fake.

Shhh! Not to him€¦

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla > wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

I usually don't make them, but I add milk, and whip, to make fluffy eggs,
fully cooked.

How about putting scrambled eggs in a mixer with mayo. That would be
creamy.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> > I'd offer up cream cheese in place of mayo.

> I've never thought of chunks of cream cheese in eggs before. It sounds
> strange but so is mayo, I guess.

It's delicious, if you ask me. Along with diced ham. Mayo sounds icky
though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> >> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
> >> your method? Thanks.

> > Look up "custard".

> I know that but I don't want custard for breakfast.

That's what Ophelia makes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:
> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>
> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>
> George L

Um, I know I'll lose points for this, but I like them hard.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 3:50 PM, George M. Middius wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> I'd offer up cream cheese in place of mayo.

>> I've never thought of chunks of cream cheese in eggs before. It sounds
>> strange but so is mayo, I guess.

> It's delicious, if you ask me. Along with diced ham. Mayo sounds icky
> though.

I agree with you about that. My Filipino friend used to tell me that
mayo in spaghetti is actually good and that I should try it. I have not
done so but maybe one day. Rumor has it that the most popular chili in
Hawaii, Zippy's chili, has mayo in it. It's a very strange world we live
in.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2012 3:16 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2012-05-10 00:36:52 +0000, dsi1 said:
>
>>> For all that heavy cream you need access to heavy boobies! LOL
>>>
>>> ( ^ )( ^ )<----Heavy Boobies

>> Those are funny looking tits. I suspect they're fake.

> Shhh! Not to him€¦

This place seems to be going to tit! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 09 May 2012 10:26:20 -0500, George Leppla wrote:
>
>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?

> I prefer them cooked very slowly so they are mostly firm, but creamy.
> If by "creamy" you mean runny, then that's not my idea of "creamy".
> They should be totally snot-free and not have wet, glistening spots.
>
> -sw

Ok, I'll amend my answer. I like mine hard and solid.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> On 5/9/2012 11:26 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>>> Do you prefer your scrambled eggs to be cooked all the way though, or
>>> just half cooked so they are "creamy"?
>>>
>>> I've seen a lot of pictures and hear references to "creamy" scrambled
>>> eggs lately and I just don't care for them.
>>>
>>> George L

>> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle
>> as in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese
>> and are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!

And the end texture is?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I use eggs and heavy cream-blend energetically and cook in nonstick pan
and you end up with fluffy soft but not wet scrambled eggs. Hard
scrambled eggs are usually cold and dried.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/9/2012 5:39 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle
>>> as in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese
>>> and are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

>> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!
>>

> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on your
> method? Thanks.

Method? As I said, 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream. Whisk together with
seasoning. Cook in pan with lump of butter.

Stir all the time and remove from the heat before it looks cooked. Keep
stiring until its own heat finishes it off

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Now that's interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. Any tips on
>>> your method? Thanks.

>> Look up "custard".
>>

> I know that but I don't want custard for breakfast.

Nor is it! As Shel says, you could think quiche but it isn't that either.
It is like regular scrambled but delightfully creamy. If memory serves
Sheila prepares her scrambled eggs this way too.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> I would say that "hard" scrambled eggs are made quickly on a griddle as
>>> in many cafeterias. "Soft" ones contain milk and sometimes cheese and
>>> are cooked at low temperatures in a pot. I like them both!

>> I make scrambled eggs with 50% eggs and 50% heavy cream!
>>

> And the end texture is?

Very creamy scrambled eggs

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/10/2012 5:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote

>>> Look up "custard".
>>>

>> I know that but I don't want custard for breakfast.

> Nor is it! As Shel says, you could think quiche but it isn't that
> either. It is like regular scrambled but delightfully creamy. If memory
> serves Sheila prepares her scrambled eggs this way too.

I use cream, but not as much as 50%. Part is whisked in before pouring
into the pan, with a bit reserved for the very end.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

S Viemeister > wrote in news:a11ro5Fr82U1
@mid.individual.net:

>>> I know that but I don't want custard for breakfast.

>> Nor is it! As Shel says, you could think quiche but it isn't that
>> either. It is like regular scrambled but delightfully creamy. If memory
>> serves Sheila prepares her scrambled eggs this way too.
>>

> I use cream, but not as much as 50%. Part is whisked in before pouring
> into the pan, with a bit reserved for the very end.

I also use cream....... probably 60-40, sometimes 50-50 :-)

As O said, it gives you delightfully creamy scrambled eggs.

The SO went through a stage where she wanted the eggs just 'muddled' and
not whisked, and she wanted it slightly undercooked. I must say, I
preferred mine to be whisked rather than have cooked chunks of white and
yellow streaks through the mix.

I also have pics somewhere here of the perfect omlette...... I use water to
make mine, and they *have* to be undercooked to be light and fluffy.

--
Peter
Tasmania