Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking forward to grilling

I haven't had a working grill for several years but I finally just got a
replacement. I got the Home Depot Brinkmann 4 burner gas grill model. For
the price it looks good but I haven't cooked on it yet. I need to get a new
propane cylinder to replace my ancient one that you can't use anymore. Only
had one problem with the assembly and that's the side burner knob won't
slide on. I'm also not so sure about the side burner valve and how it's
seated into the burner venturi. Seems loose to me but it's all straight.
I've got a call in to customer support to ask about these issues. Hopefully
they contact me soon and I can grill some steak and/or burgers over the
weekend. )

--
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> I haven't had a working grill for several years but I finally just got a
> replacement. I got the Home Depot Brinkmann 4 burner gas grill model.
> For the price it looks good but I haven't cooked on it yet. I need to
> get a new propane cylinder to replace my ancient one that you can't use
> anymore. Only had one problem with the assembly and that's the side
> burner knob won't slide on. I'm also not so sure about the side burner
> valve and how it's seated into the burner venturi. Seems loose to me
> but it's all straight. I've got a call in to customer support to ask
> about these issues. Hopefully they contact me soon and I can grill some
> steak and/or burgers over the weekend. )

We have a Brinkmann 6 burner gas grill. We have found their customer
support to be excellent when we, too had a problem putting it together.
Ours came with one propane tank with the OPD valve and we bought a
second one to keep as a spare.

I have never used the side burner. The grill is over 4 years old.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking forward to grilling - dinner

After getting the propane tank and testing for leaks in the lines, I cooked
a top round steak and a boneless chicken thigh with BBQ sauce. I ate a
small piece of the steak and half of the thigh and cooked up some green
beans for veggies. The BBQ sauce crisped up nicely, and both cooked so
well. I have soooooo missed having a grill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 May 2009 21:29:02 -0400, "Cheryl"
> wrote:

>After getting the propane tank and testing for leaks in the lines, I cooked
>a top round steak and a boneless chicken thigh with BBQ sauce. I ate a
>small piece of the steak and half of the thigh and cooked up some green
>beans for veggies. The BBQ sauce crisped up nicely, and both cooked so
>well. I have soooooo missed having a grill.

I hear ya, sister! Never did get used to the propane grill that
replaced my trusty old charcoal Weber, but I'm learning to love the
gas grill on my new cooktop. #1 problem is that I can't leave it
unattended. After my tv is reinstalled in the kitchen, or I start
making more complicated dinners that involved a grilled dish - I'll
have more to do while food is cooking on the grill. In the mean time,
I'm bored.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Forward notbob General Cooking 3 01-02-2014 09:52 PM
Spring Forward Dimitri General Cooking 28 10-03-2009 07:53 PM
I am so looking forward to dinner Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD[_14_] General Cooking 6 26-03-2007 06:19 PM
Spring forward BOB Barbecue 0 03-04-2005 05:14 AM
Grilling machine that let's you dice/chop/slice meat while grilling Forte Agent General Cooking 2 15-11-2004 01:03 AM