Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Forward

So, the paleo diet is a thing of the past. But, I still love meat and
will not forego it. Probably eating more meat, less carbs. I try and
stay as far away from carbs, not eating chips, crackers, cookies,
pasta, etc.

I'm jes exercising a whole lot more, now. Put on my Sorel's and went
out and trudged around fer an hour, yesterday, in the 8"-10" wet snow.
I'm gonna try and repair the excercise bike in the lodge. Needs a
steel pin to adjust the seat fer height.

I made my kimchi. It's good, but not great. I added too much dried
shrimp, about 1/2 oz to each batch. I still enjoy it, but will leave
the shrimp out, next time. This is weird, as I love munching on the
dried shrimp. I jes don't like it in kimchi.

I made a fresh blackberry cobbler, last night. Finally, a recipe I
like. Probably pretty traditional:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/cob...r/bl80301d.htm

Yeah, I know. Lotta carbs. I'm gonna try and figure out alts for the
dough and maybe honey fer sugar.

Anyone have any good low carb fresh blkbry dessert recipes? I have
12lbs of 'em in the freezer.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I made a fresh blackberry cobbler, last night. Finally, a recipe I
> like. Probably pretty traditional:
>
> http://southernfood.about.com/od/cob...r/bl80301d.htm
>
> Yeah, I know. Lotta carbs. I'm gonna try and figure out alts for the
> dough and maybe honey fer sugar.

Substituting honey for sugar makes no difference. I you want to lose
weight, skip the darn cobblers. lol.

You have increased your exercise ...good. To lose weight, it's all
about calories burned vs calorie intake, and increasing your
metabolism via aerobic exercise. Others here will disagree with me but
that's why they are still overweight.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> So, the paleo diet is a thing of the past. But, I still love meat and
> will not forego it. Probably eating more meat, less carbs. I try and
> stay as far away from carbs, not eating chips, crackers, cookies,
> pasta, etc.
>
> I'm jes exercising a whole lot more, now. Put on my Sorel's and went
> out and trudged around fer an hour, yesterday, in the 8"-10" wet snow.
> I'm gonna try and repair the excercise bike in the lodge. Needs a
> steel pin to adjust the seat fer height.
>
> I made my kimchi. It's good, but not great. I added too much dried
> shrimp, about 1/2 oz to each batch. I still enjoy it, but will leave
> the shrimp out, next time. This is weird, as I love munching on the
> dried shrimp. I jes don't like it in kimchi.
>
> I made a fresh blackberry cobbler, last night. Finally, a recipe I
> like. Probably pretty traditional:
>
> http://southernfood.about.com/od/cob...r/bl80301d.htm
>
> Yeah, I know. Lotta carbs. I'm gonna try and figure out alts for the
> dough and maybe honey fer sugar.
>
> Anyone have any good low carb fresh blkbry dessert recipes? I have
> 12lbs of 'em in the freezer.
>
> nb

I have one but have NOT tried it. It uses mashed sweet potato and just
a bit of flour to stabilize into a dough like bit. I'm sure it's not
crusty but it did look interesting. Not sure if it's much lower carb
but what carbs you get sound healthier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 8:00:48 AM UTC-8, notbob wrote:
> So, the paleo diet is a thing of the past. But, I still love meat and
>
> will not forego it. Probably eating more meat, less carbs. I try and
>
> stay as far away from carbs, not eating chips, crackers, cookies,
>
> pasta, etc.
>

> I'm jes exercising a whole lot more, now. Put on my Sorel's and went
>
> out and trudged around fer an hour, yesterday, in the 8"-10" wet snow.
>
> I'm gonna try and repair the excercise bike in the lodge. Needs a
>
> steel pin to adjust the seat fer height.
>

> I made my kimchi. It's good, but not great. I added too much dried
>
> shrimp, about 1/2 oz to each batch. I still enjoy it, but will leave
>
> the shrimp out, next time. This is weird, as I love munching on the
>
> dried shrimp. I jes don't like it in kimchi.
>

> I made a fresh blackberry cobbler, last night. Finally, a recipe I
>
> like. Probably pretty traditional:
>

> http://southernfood.about.com/od/cob...r/bl80301d.htm
>

> Yeah, I know. Lotta carbs. I'm gonna try and figure out alts for the
>
> dough and maybe honey fer sugar.
>

> Anyone have any good low carb fresh blkbry dessert recipes? I have
>
> 12lbs of 'em in the freezer.
>

> nb

Skip the berry desserts and just eat them over yogurt.

I wish you well in your efforts, good luck.

Julie P.