Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:17:13 -0500, Goomba >
wrote:

>I like a tidy efficient pantry. I also have a small walk in pantry.
>I like to walk in and see everything available and organized in
>sections. I took some pictures just now but realize I didn't get the
>things hanging from the ceiling or sides of the walls up high. I think
>I'm making the most of the space-
>
>http://i41.tinypic.com/14wspyw.jpg
>
>http://i41.tinypic.com/52xmqt.jpg
>
>http://i43.tinypic.com/350p7y1.jpg

NICE! I'll take pictures of mine tomorrow. I only have shelves on
two sides. But they start at about waist level and go up to the
ceiling. I'll definitely need a ladder for at least half of the
shelves! The third side has a window. There's a potato bin and a
little cabinet at the bottom of the back wall.

(We're heavily into MOVING mode, so I'm not responding to everyone,
and have stopped reading most of the threads)

Thanks to everyone for their comments ... please keep 'em coming!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:55:54 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Pants, of course. Sheesh.

THWACK!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 11:49*pm, Peter Lucas > wrote:
> maxine in ri > wrote in news:c81f683f-57e6-4585-8933-
> :
>
> > packrat in ri
> > awaiting the snow with only half a gallon of milk and 2 loaves of
> > bread. (But 3 tanks for the camp stove, several gallons of water, and
> > plenty of non-perishable foods.)

> Can you melt the snow to make water?
>
> And how long do you normally get 'cut-off' for??

heh. It's a standing joke in my little state that when the weatherman
says "snow", the grocery shelves are bare of bread, and the dairy case
is empty of milk. Harkens back to 1978 when we had 18" of snow and
the state was closed for a week.

Snow removal and road treatment is so bad, that last year, a 6" storm
left some school children on their bus until 11 pm.

I wouldn't use snow for drinking except as a last resort. And the
rest of the stuff is around at all times, staples for creating a meal
(nothing wrong with tinned fish or dried beans), and the camp stove
gets used fairly regularly over the warm months.

North of here and west a hundred miles or so, they did lose power for
3-4 days last week, but that's in the mountains of Western
Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Thanks,
maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:29:08 +0000 (UTC), in rec.food.cooking you wrote:

> From: PeterL >

IMPOSTER
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:55:54 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>
>>Pants, of course. Sheesh.

> THWACK!

Thank you, mistress. May I have another?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 19, 8:56 am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?

Ohhhh.. A Pantry! Only in my dreams. On the boat we have lots of
little cubbies for our supplies.

We have four little lockers behind the back rest pillows of the
starboard settee. One has cans and jars, one has dried goods like
pasta, rice, flour and sugar and one has box mixes. The last one is
where we keep tools that we use most often.

In the galley we have three more cubbies one for juice and milk boxes,
one for foil, saran wrap, baggies and such and the cubbie behind the
stove has all our different oils, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and stuff
like that. Spices are in a basket on a shelf under the companionway
ladder.

Oh, and crackers, cookies and snacks are in a hammock in the vberth.

Some cruisers keep a computerized inventory of where everything is.
We just use the hunt and peck method.

Have fun filling up your new pantry.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" scritto nel messaggio
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I> was
> just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?

Besides all my collection of hard to find foods and normal jam, canned goods
and collection of wraps and bags, I keep big serving things I don't use that
often. I don't have a pantry anymore, but when I did (how I miss it) I was
able to collect cool things for parties and special meals. Also the Whirly
Pop, and other oversized things. On the floor under the shelves I had a
series of big sealable tins with enormous buys of rice, flours, seeds and
beans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota

I love a large pantry Boxed mixes, dry goods, rice, wild rice (come to
think of it), canned goods, jars of sauces... come on, it's not that
difficult!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kajikit" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:56:18 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
>>We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
>>was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
>>much food in a lifetime!
>>
>>I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
>>content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
>>in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>>
>>What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>>
>>Clueless in Minnesota

> If you've got that much space, you can store your baking pans,
> appliances, kitchen gizmos etc in there where they're out of the way
> until you want them!

That's what I did when I had the "butlers pantry" in that 1920's apartment I
had. I stashed away all the kitchen gadgets.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:44:36 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:55:54 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Pants, of course. Sheesh.

>> THWACK!

>Thank you, mistress. May I have another?

THWACK!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MarieD said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> Damsel, I would only advise that out-of-sight is out-of-mind. I've gone
>> shopping and replaced stuff that I wasn't out of in the first place.
>> D'OH!!!

> I agree...We've ended up with several bottles of catsup that way.
> Marie

Marie,

Yep!!! I probably have a few thousand miles of aluminum foil!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> MarieD said...
>
>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>> Damsel, I would only advise that out-of-sight is out-of-mind. I've gone
>>> shopping and replaced stuff that I wasn't out of in the first place.
>>> D'OH!!!

>> I agree...We've ended up with several bottles of catsup that way.
>> Marie

> Marie,
>
> Yep!!! I probably have a few thousand miles of aluminum foil!

but, but, but... isn't that a good thing to keep the rays out????

Debbie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Debbie said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9B794CA384797CotD@

85.214.105.209...
>> MarieD said...

gone

>>> I agree...We've ended up with several bottles of catsup that way.
>>> Marie

>> Marie,
>>
>> Yep!!! I probably have a few thousand miles of aluminum foil!
>>

> but, but, but... isn't that a good thing to keep the rays out????
>
> Debbie

Debbie,

Probably!

Best,

Andy
12th rock from the Sun
Takes 100 years to get a tan out here!
I should live so long!!?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota

Pots and pans, canned goods, flour, sugar, etc, in storage canisters.
Dry goods, pasta, etc, in tupperware bins to keep the mice out. Spices
and herbs in glass bottles, oils, foil, plastic wrap, freezer bags. My
mixer.

And mouse traps. I haven't caught one recently - the last was over a
month ago, but Scully still hasn't gotten over it. Every time I open
the pantry door she has to go in there and inspect each trap. Hope
springs eternal...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen said...

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
>> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
>> much food in a lifetime!
>>
>> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
>> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
>> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>>
>> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>>
>> Clueless in Minnesota
>>

> Pots and pans, canned goods, flour, sugar, etc, in storage canisters.
> Dry goods, pasta, etc, in tupperware bins to keep the mice out. Spices
> and herbs in glass bottles, oils, foil, plastic wrap, freezer bags. My
> mixer.
>
> And mouse traps. I haven't caught one recently - the last was over a
> month ago, but Scully still hasn't gotten over it. Every time I open
> the pantry door she has to go in there and inspect each trap. Hope
> springs eternal...

Kathleen,

Ooh!... Ooh!...[raising hand]

I mouse trapped six mice this month!

Now I'm kinda/sorta depressed they won't step on my traps, this past week.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

>> And mouse traps. I haven't caught one recently - the last was over a
>> month ago, but Scully still hasn't gotten over it. Every time I open
>> the pantry door she has to go in there and inspect each trap. Hope
>> springs eternal...

May I had... while hope springs eternal, mousetraps spring once.

Andy
Country Mouse Trapper
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Andy said...
>

>>>And mouse traps. I haven't caught one recently - the last was over a
>>>month ago, but Scully still hasn't gotten over it. Every time I open
>>>the pantry door she has to go in there and inspect each trap. Hope
>>>springs eternal...

> May I had... while hope springs eternal, mousetraps spring once.
>
> Andy
> Country Mouse Trapper

Yup. And Cooper is so paranoid about the traps that when Scully goes in
there and starts sniffing around, he gets all flat-eared and tuck-tailed
and squinty-eyed and flinch-y, like you do when somebody starts
squeezing a balloon, and you *know* it's going to pop, you just don't
know when.

She hasn't set one off yet, but Cooper is quite certain that it's only a
matter of time...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Andy said...

>> May I had... while hope springs eternal, mousetraps spring once.
>>
>> Andy
>> Country Mouse Trapper

> Yup. And Cooper is so paranoid about the traps that when Scully goes in
> there and starts sniffing around, he gets all flat-eared and tuck-tailed
> and squinty-eyed and flinch-y, like you do when somebody starts
> squeezing a balloon, and you *know* it's going to pop, you just don't
> know when.
>
> She hasn't set one off yet, but Cooper is quite certain that it's only a
> matter of time...

LOLOL!!!

Well told!!! Thanks!

Andy
A vicarious cat!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:44:36 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:55:54 -0800, Blinky the Shark

>>> THWACK!

>>Thank you, mistress. May I have another?

> THWACK!

Mmmmmmm!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota
>
> --
> Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.

We used to have one like that. When our former house had the outdoor
facilities restructured into indoor facilities the little room used to
attach the downstairs 1/2 bath to the kitchen became the walk in pantry.
Besides the obvious food stuffs, I kept all my electronic gadgets and large
cooking utensils there. Freed up room in the kitchen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:38:02 -0500, Debbie wrote:

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> MarieD said...

>>> I agree...We've ended up with several bottles of catsup that way.
>>> Marie

>> Marie,
>>
>> Yep!!! I probably have a few thousand miles of aluminum foil!
>>

> but, but, but... isn't that a good thing to keep the rays out????
>
> Debbie

if so, andy is not deploying it properly.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Yentl" wrote

>> From: PeterL >

> ANOTHER FORGERY

You need to see a Doctor about your mental problems.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota

A nice bit of the shelf space is indeed taken up with seldom used
appliances. :-) It's also good for storing extra mixing bowls and stuff.

A basket in there is good for onions, garlic, potatoes and other room
temp veggies.

If it is that big, it can also double for linen storage. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota
>
> --
> Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.

Carol,'

Resist the desire to just fill the pantry.

Now having said that begin slowly to buy extra stock of things you use BUT
ONLY when the item is on sale.

As example if you use Best Foods Mayo and it goes on sale buy a few extra
jars. In addition if you like going to Trader Joe's and it's far away then
buy enough to save a trip to TJ'S - you'll save some gas.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:50:51 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
>> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
>> much food in a lifetime!
>>
>> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
>> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
>> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>>
>> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>>
>> Clueless in Minnesota

>Carol,'
>
>Resist the desire to just fill the pantry.
>
>Now having said that begin slowly to buy extra stock of things you use BUT
>ONLY when the item is on sale.
>
>As example if you use Best Foods Mayo and it goes on sale buy a few extra
>jars. In addition if you like going to Trader Joe's and it's far away then
>buy enough to save a trip to TJ'S - you'll save some gas.
>
>Dimitri

Sound advice, Dimitri. Thank you.

We're going cable-free for about two weeks. Will see you all then.

Happy holidays everyone!
Carol

--
Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:50:51 -0800, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
>>> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
>>> much food in a lifetime!
>>>
>>> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
>>> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
>>> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>>>
>>> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>>>
>>> Clueless in Minnesota

>>Carol,'
>>
>>Resist the desire to just fill the pantry.
>>
>>Now having said that begin slowly to buy extra stock of things you use BUT
>>ONLY when the item is on sale.
>>
>>As example if you use Best Foods Mayo and it goes on sale buy a few extra
>>jars. In addition if you like going to Trader Joe's and it's far away
>>then
>>buy enough to save a trip to TJ'S - you'll save some gas.
>>
>>Dimitri

> Sound advice, Dimitri. Thank you.
>
> We're going cable-free for about two weeks. Will see you all then.
>
> Happy holidays everyone!
> Carol
>
> --
> Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.

Same to you.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Now having said that begin slowly to buy extra stock of things you use BUT
>ONLY when the item is on sale.
>
>As example if you use Best Foods Mayo and it goes on sale buy a few extra
>jars. In addition if you like going to Trader Joe's and it's far away then
>buy enough to save a trip to TJ'S - you'll save some gas.
>
>Dimitri

This is what I do.

For instance, sugar and flour have been on sale for a really, really
good price at one of the markets here in town. I picked up a few bags
of each, and it is now in one of my cabinets.

I do the same when I see other things on sale that I use regularly.
Like canned tomatoes. They go on sale often enough, that I usually
just pick up an extra can when I am out shopping.

If you do it here and there like that, you can build up your
stockpiles easily, and fill up those shelves.. And then when that
blizzard comes along, or when the money gets low, you have a stocked
pantry.

Like Dimitri says, do it slowly..not going all out and getting cases
of stuff...but an extra can here and there, or an extra whatever it
is....but only on sale.

I usually check out the circulars online, and figure out what I need,
from what is on sale that week. I think most of them are online these
days, even in smaller towns.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 12:21 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:

> LOL!!! If I lived on a boat (like yours), I'd have to have a
> storeroom/pantry dingy being towed behind!! :-)

After five years it's almost normal now. The first year or so was a
bit challenging. Just trying to figure out the best place to store
everything had me in fits at times.

We found keeping the liquor handy under the table in the main saloon
works pretty well. ;-)

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/Buddy%20Boozer.jpg

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor > wrote in news:5e6ed899-48e2-
:

> On Dec 20, 12:21 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:
>

>> LOL!!! If I lived on a boat (like yours), I'd have to have a
>> storeroom/pantry dingy being towed behind!! :-)

> After five years it's almost normal now. The first year or so was a
> bit challenging. Just trying to figure out the best place to store
> everything had me in fits at times.

You're better than me........ I couldn't do it.

Apart from the fact I get seasick, I like my 'space'!!

> We found keeping the liquor handy under the table in the main saloon
> works pretty well. ;-)

Well, it *is* a saloon!!

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/Buddy%20Boozer.jpg

Nice boat sized dog :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer
gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken
bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-
pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 9:30 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:

> Well, it *is* a saloon!!

Precisely!

> >http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/Buddy%20Boozer.jpg

> Nice boat sized dog :-)

Yep, low center of gravity. Buddy was great to have on the boat, he
was an excellent door bell, always a source of amusement and a loyal
friend. We miss him but dogs are not well received in the South
Pacific and the crossings would be hard on him. So, he's at home in
Oregon being well taken care of by our house sitter.

His doorbell skills alerted me to this visitor one afternoon when we
were at anchor in Mexico.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/B...%20Flipper.jpg

Now he is home looking after the fish in our pond.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/B...ing%20fish.jpg

Guess I'm feeling a bit homesick. Must be the time of year.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor > wrote in news:a42a8314-461d-
:

> His doorbell skills alerted me to this visitor one afternoon when we
> were at anchor in Mexico.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/B...%20Flipper.jpg

Cool!!

> Now he is home looking after the fish in our pond.
>
> http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/B...ing%20fish.jpg

Nice looking pond!!

> Guess I'm feeling a bit homesick. Must be the time of year.

That it is.

When are you supposed to be going home?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor > wrote in news:a42a8314-461d-
:

> On Dec 20, 9:30 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:
>
>> Well, it *is* a saloon!!

> Precisely!

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/Buddy%20Boozer.jpg

>> Nice boat sized dog :-)

> Yep, low center of gravity. Buddy was great to have on the boat, he
> was an excellent door bell,

My pooch is an excellent door bell/bouncer :-)

From a post in another group earlier this morning........

********************************

>> If you can make it by Monday night, we're having a wine and cheese
>> night.

> See you then!

LMAO!!!!

I'll know when you're near........ my dog will be trying to eat you :-)

She bit a door to door God-botherer about 15mins ago!!! :-)

He tried coming up towards the stairs, I was on the balcony saying
"Don't bother, you'd better not come any closer because she may bite
you",

He said "I trust in the Lord to protect me and look after me",

I said "Do *NOT* come to the stairs, she *will* bite you"

He said "The Lord will look after me, and I'd like to talk to you about
letting him look after you too"

Then my dog bit him..... several times. I just stood there and said "I
told you" :-)

I laughed in his face when he started whinging and wanting towels and
bandages to stop the blood flow, but threw him the crappy old towel we
have at the front door to wipe our (wet) feet on.

Even *then* he was still trying to push his barrow to me!!

Me.."Looks like your 'Lord' is doing a bang-up job in looking after you,
hey?"

Him..."There was obviously a reason why the Lord let this happen"

(This is when I started laughing.......!!)

Me.."Yeah...he's telling you to STFU and listen when someone tells you
that their dog will bite you!!"

Him.."I need to go to the hopsital, I need to get shots and I probably
need stiches"

Me.. "You're lucky my dog thinks you're a clown"

Him.."What?"

Me.."She thinks you taste funny, she spat you out, otherwise she'd be
chewing on your leg bone about now!!"

Him.."I need a taxi"

Me.."Your Lords looking after you, get *him* to call you a cab"

As his offsider (who had half a brain and decided to stay out of reach
of the pooch) helped him limp off down the street to (presumably) go to
the hospital, I stood on the balcony, looked up and down the street and
yelled "NEXT!!"

That's made my frikken day, I can tell you!!!

The pooch is going to have a *huge* BBQ'd medium-rare dinasour rump
steak tonight for her dinner :-)

Bloody god-botherers coming around at 7am on a Saturday bloody morning!!

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 10:23 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:

> When are you supposed to be going home?

That's just it, I don't know.

Even though we had insurance for Mike's evacuation from Vanuatu and
the hospital stay we had quite a bit of extra expenses that were not
covered. Delivery captain, my flight to Sydney, car rental for the
trip up to Bundy, hotels....

We had hoped to sell Arabella here but no one wants to pay what she's
worth, too many boats are being given away because of the current
economic state. We won't do that.

The plan is to be in Darwin by July to sail up to Indonesia with the
rally. Then keep going the long way home.

Now, I'm going to turn my thoughts to Kili. My worries are nothing in
comparison.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 10:59 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:

> Well, if you ever get down this way, I've always got a spare bed, dinosaur
> steaks, and red wine on hand :-)

Thanks Peter. I imagine we will be ready for a road trip in a month
or so.

Now, about your dog... Should I be skeered? ;-)

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ladysailor > wrote in
:

> On Dec 20, 10:59 am, Peter Lucas > wrote:
>
>> Well, if you ever get down this way, I've always got a spare bed,
>> dinosaur steaks, and red wine on hand :-)

> Thanks Peter. I imagine we will be ready for a road trip in a month
> or so.

Cool.

> Now, about your dog... Should I be skeered? ;-)

Only if you're 'bad' people. She's really good like that.

But I'm pretty certain you'll be OK and go home with all limbs intact :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 4:26*pm, Peter Lucas > wrote:

> > Now, about your dog... *Should I be skeered? *;-)

> Only if you're 'bad' people. She's really good like that.
>
> But I'm pretty certain you'll be OK and go home with all limbs intact :-)

Alrighty then, we'll look forward to a visit in a month or two.

Barb
s/y Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one? *

I wish I had a real pantry; I have converted my spare bedroom into a
library/pantry. I believe in food storage, which I don't think is
such a silly idea with the economic issues going on. Even though I
live alone I probably have a 9-12 month food supply on hand, so I have
a little of everything on hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote

>>Now having said that begin slowly to buy extra stock of things you use BUT
>>ONLY when the item is on sale.

Same here (I know, OP posted this and i over trimmed by accident).

A key thing is to only get stuff on sale that you actually eat normally. I
might see a good sale on 10 cans of pastines tomatoes for example, so get 10
cans.

I dont have that sort of walk in panty (I'm jealous!) but I do have a garage
to store things in so do that.