Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default HEY "COOK A GOOSE" LADY !!!

(Sorry, but the original thread has become so polluted, thought I'd
start a new one.)

Someone asked about cooking a goose for Christmas. Saw a rerun of a Food
TV program tonight (16 Dec, 1800-1900 CST) and it was one of the
subjects. The program was "Dear Food Network - Holiday" and they covered
the following:

>> 8 day dry aging and cooking of an 8 bone Prime Rib [Guy Fiere (sp?)]

>> Roasted rack of pork & zucchini fritters [Michael Symon]

>> Holiday Goose with Ginger/Blackberry glaze [Danny Boome]

>> Brisket with 20 cloves of garlic [ Sunny Anderson]

>> Holiday drinks [Bobby Flay]

I would think that going to www.foodnetwork.com with the above
info, you should be able to eventually find the recipe and instructions.
(Maybe I missed the dumping of all the grease from the pan, but all I
saw was Danny making his glaze in the same pan as the goose was cooked
in, and there was just a little bit of "stuff" in the pan. I'll be
looking for that recipe myself, just to see the instructions.)

I'd agree with some previous comments here about the foodnetwork
becoming a pain in the you know what. Way back when, you could pull up
ALL the recipes for one show at once. Then it was pull up one, with the
"others from the same show" at the bottom. Now it looks like you have to
write down each recipe name, if you want them all. And good luck with
some of the cooks -- after every commercial break, what is being cooked
has a different name.

Hope this info is of some help, and remember to call 1-800-HUNGRY when
the goose is almost done, so I can sample it.

Bob / Chicago