Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

On Aug 29, 10:02*am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. *His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. *His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>
> So the "race" is on! *Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?
>
> jay

I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 29 Aug 2008 08:19:21a, Nancy2 told us...

> On Aug 29, 10:02*am, jay > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

>> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>> hard to beat duo. *His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. *His
>> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>>
>> So the "race" is on! *Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>> as a white woman?
>>
>> jay

> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
>
> N.

You're saying that you don't make $4.2M?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Friday, 08(VIII)/29(XXIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Labor Day
2dys 15hrs 38mins
It's coming for me through the trees.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>
> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?
>
> jay

I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

He wrote a book that made a lot of money. Before that, he and his wife
reported around 200K in income a year. He was accepted to Harvard on a
scholarship - something highly competitive and unlike Bush's legacy admit to
Yale, not something given regardless of qualifications.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>
> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?
>
> jay

>I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize him
for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do not
have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
those circumstances.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
started to speak. LOL

--

Joe Cilinceon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Joe Cilinceon" > wrote in message
> Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> started to speak. LOL

She's nice enough looking and when they rolled out her children for the
photo op I did think, nice looking family. But she's not VP material.
Olympia Snowe yes, her, no.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 29, 1:57 pm, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
> Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> started to speak. LOL
>
> --
>
> Joe Cilinceon

You beat me to it, man. Vice-President Gidget.

McCain's pretty cute, too - he'd be a great a uncle.

I'm still going for the skinny guy with the funny name, and that other
old white dude. Looks ain't everything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 29, 10:57*am, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
> Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> started to speak. LOL
>
> --
>
> Joe Cilinceon

Yeah, me too. And she's got the international gravitas of a flea.

Did John McCain choose her so she could act as his external heart
pacemaker?
He's shot himself in the foot--the ultimate experiment in "Friendly
Fire." Sarah Palin is a gift--to the Democratic Party.

Melissa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shiral" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 10:57 am, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
> Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> started to speak. LOL
>
> --
>
> Joe Cilinceon

>Yeah, me too. And she's got the international gravitas of a flea.

>Did John McCain choose her so she could act as his external heart
>pacemaker?
>He's shot himself in the foot--the ultimate experiment in "Friendly
>Fire." Sarah Palin is a gift--to the Democratic Party.

Yepper. He looks so pleased and proud of himself. Maybe because she's
purty. lmao!! Stupid old man.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> "Shiral" > wrote in message
> On Aug 29, 10:57 am, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
> > Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> > started to speak. LOL
> >
> > --
> >
> > Joe Cilinceon

> >Yeah, me too. And she's got the international gravitas of a flea.

> >Did John McCain choose her so she could act as his external heart
> >pacemaker?
> >He's shot himself in the foot--the ultimate experiment in "Friendly
> >Fire." Sarah Palin is a gift--to the Democratic Party.

> Yepper. He looks so pleased and proud of himself. Maybe because she's
> purty. lmao!! Stupid old man.

McCain's an idiot, through and through. Talk about flip flopping; he
tries to distance himself from Bush's failed policies, yet back in 2000
after McCain was swift boated by Bush and his man Rove, he
enthusiastically endorsed Bush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFrKWeFTSo

And back in March of THIS YEAR, McCain was all cozy with Bush to get his
endorsement for his candidacy. Just listen to Bush. He says right there,
that McCain is not going to change in how he deals with Iraq, yet
everybody but McCain and Bush realize that the Iraq war is a huge
disaster for both Iraq and the United States.

If anyone's a political whore, its McCain. He wants Bush to campaign
with him and raise money for his campaign, but he says he's opposed to
Bush's policies, yet he voted for over 90% of Bush's policies. Talk
about shameless flip flopping!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> "Shiral" > wrote in message
>> On Aug 29, 10:57 am, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
>> > Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment
>> > she
>> > started to speak. LOL
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Joe Cilinceon

>> >Yeah, me too. And she's got the international gravitas of a flea.

>> >Did John McCain choose her so she could act as his external heart
>> >pacemaker?
>> >He's shot himself in the foot--the ultimate experiment in "Friendly
>> >Fire." Sarah Palin is a gift--to the Democratic Party.

>> Yepper. He looks so pleased and proud of himself. Maybe because she's
>> purty. lmao!! Stupid old man.

> McCain's an idiot, through and through. Talk about flip flopping; he
> tries to distance himself from Bush's failed policies, yet back in 2000
> after McCain was swift boated by Bush and his man Rove, he
> enthusiastically endorsed Bush
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFrKWeFTSo
>
> And back in March of THIS YEAR, McCain was all cozy with Bush to get his
> endorsement for his candidacy. Just listen to Bush. He says right there,
> that McCain is not going to change in how he deals with Iraq, yet
> everybody but McCain and Bush realize that the Iraq war is a huge
> disaster for both Iraq and the United States.
>
> If anyone's a political whore, its McCain. He wants Bush to campaign
> with him and raise money for his campaign, but he says he's opposed to
> Bush's policies, yet he voted for over 90% of Bush's policies. Talk
> about shameless flip flopping!

A big old George "I couldn't have said it better" to that!

It's going to be lots of fun watching the rightwing assholes like "Bob
****williger" squirm and fume and spout bile for the next eight years. We
all suffered through two Bush terms, now it's their turn. At least they'll
enjoy a healthier economy while they suffer. And less children dying in the
cause of W's daddy's old feud with Saddam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:55:41 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> If anyone's a political whore, its McCain. He wants Bush to campaign
> with him and raise money for his campaign, but he says he's opposed to
> Bush's policies, yet he voted for over 90% of Bush's policies. Talk
> about shameless flip flopping!

yet the media keeps talking about what a 'maverick' he is. maybe in 2000,
no more. it's maddening.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> "Shiral" > wrote in message
>> On Aug 29, 10:57 am, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
>> > Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment
>> > she
>> > started to speak. LOL
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Joe Cilinceon

>> >Yeah, me too. And she's got the international gravitas of a flea.

>> >Did John McCain choose her so she could act as his external heart
>> >pacemaker?
>> >He's shot himself in the foot--the ultimate experiment in "Friendly
>> >Fire." Sarah Palin is a gift--to the Democratic Party.

>> Yepper. He looks so pleased and proud of himself. Maybe because she's
>> purty. lmao!! Stupid old man.

> McCain's an idiot, through and through. Talk about flip flopping; he
> tries to distance himself from Bush's failed policies, yet back in 2000
> after McCain was swift boated by Bush and his man Rove, he
> enthusiastically endorsed Bush
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFrKWeFTSo
>
> And back in March of THIS YEAR, McCain was all cozy with Bush to get his
> endorsement for his candidacy. Just listen to Bush. He says right there,
> that McCain is not going to change in how he deals with Iraq, yet
> everybody but McCain and Bush realize that the Iraq war is a huge
> disaster for both Iraq and the United States.
>
> If anyone's a political whore, its McCain. He wants Bush to campaign
> with him and raise money for his campaign, but he says he's opposed to
> Bush's policies, yet he voted for over 90% of Bush's policies. Talk
> about shameless flip flopping!

By far and away the worst is his stance on immigration. He said he can't
vote for the immigration reform bill in Congress. But the thing is HE wrote
it. It was his baby from the start and now he wants to distance himself
from it completely.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 29, 12:43*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote:
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> > as a white woman?

> > jay
> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. *How does that relate to the
> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize him
> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do not
> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
> those circumstances.

You are stating the obvious. He still has to prove it, and I don't
think he can.

Still, I'd rather Biden be President if push comes to shove, than some
ill-prepared Alaskan governor.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote:
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> > as a white woman?

> > jay
> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
> him
> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do not
> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
> those circumstances.

>You are stating the obvious.

Then why did you ask the question?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

>> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
>> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

>> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>> > as a white woman?

>> > jay
>> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

>> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
>> him
>> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do
>> not
>> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
>> those circumstances.

>>You are stating the obvious.

> Then why did you ask the question?

I find it amazing that when Bush ran in 2000 they considered his almost
complete lack of experience to be his best asset. Not being a political
insider was said to make him a man of clear judgment not influenced by
politics. He was a real ordinary guy, despite being the eldest son of one
of the country's richest families. Yeah, we saw how that worked out. Also,
his known drug use and alcoholism were actually used in his favor. They
considered the fact that he claimed to have kicked the stuff to be proof he
was a man of discipline and integrity. The kind of guy *you wanted to have
a beer with.* ???? And we know how that worked out.

But now Obama is on the ropes for his lack of experience and McCain is being
lauded as a great leader because he spent 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton.
Which if anyone recalls was used against him by Bush in 2004 because they
claimed McCain was driven insane by his years of captivity and was unfit to
be a leader. And to top it all off now McCain has a woman as his running
mate who he claims is so well suited for the job *because she has no
experience* and will not be affected by the Beltway insiders. I mean my
God, you can't write this stuff in a fiction book.

Does anyone remember this? Nobody even mentions it on TV.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

>>> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
>>> him
>>> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do
>>> not
>>> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people
>>> in
>>> those circumstances.

>>>You are stating the obvious.

>> Then why did you ask the question?

> I find it amazing that when Bush ran in 2000 they considered his almost
> complete lack of experience to be his best asset. Not being a political
> insider was said to make him a man of clear judgment not influenced by
> politics. He was a real ordinary guy, despite being the eldest son of one
> of the country's richest families. Yeah, we saw how that worked out.
> Also, his known drug use and alcoholism were actually used in his favor.
> They considered the fact that he claimed to have kicked the stuff to be
> proof he was a man of discipline and integrity. The kind of guy *you
> wanted to have a beer with.* ???? And we know how that worked out.
>
> But now Obama is on the ropes for his lack of experience and McCain is
> being lauded as a great leader because he spent 5 years in the Hanoi
> Hilton. Which if anyone recalls was used against him by Bush in 2004
> because they claimed McCain was driven insane by his years of captivity
> and was unfit to be a leader. And to top it all off now McCain has a
> woman as his running mate who he claims is so well suited for the job
> *because she has no experience* and will not be affected by the Beltway
> insiders. I mean my God, you can't write this stuff in a fiction book.
>
> Does anyone remember this? Nobody even mentions it on TV.

I remember it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:41:16 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> I find it amazing that when Bush ran in 2000 they considered his almost
>> complete lack of experience to be his best asset. Not being a political
>> insider was said to make him a man of clear judgment not influenced by
>> politics. He was a real ordinary guy, despite being the eldest son of one
>> of the country's richest families. Yeah, we saw how that worked out.
>> Also, his known drug use and alcoholism were actually used in his favor.
>> They considered the fact that he claimed to have kicked the stuff to be
>> proof he was a man of discipline and integrity. The kind of guy *you
>> wanted to have a beer with.* ???? And we know how that worked out.
>>
>> But now Obama is on the ropes for his lack of experience and McCain is
>> being lauded as a great leader because he spent 5 years in the Hanoi
>> Hilton. Which if anyone recalls was used against him by Bush in 2004
>> because they claimed McCain was driven insane by his years of captivity
>> and was unfit to be a leader. And to top it all off now McCain has a
>> woman as his running mate who he claims is so well suited for the job
>> *because she has no experience* and will not be affected by the Beltway
>> insiders. I mean my God, you can't write this stuff in a fiction book.
>>
>> Does anyone remember this? Nobody even mentions it on TV.
>>

> I remember it.

but mccain and karl rove are the best of friends now. i attribute it to
mccain's amazing christian forbearance. he musta looked in karl's eyes or
something.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:10:43 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> But now Obama is on the ropes for his lack of experience and McCain is being
> lauded as a great leader because he spent 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton.
> Which if anyone recalls was used against him by Bush in 2004 because they
> claimed McCain was driven insane by his years of captivity and was unfit to
> be a leader. And to top it all off now McCain has a woman as his running
> mate who he claims is so well suited for the job *because she has no
> experience* and will not be affected by the Beltway insiders. I mean my
> God, you can't write this stuff in a fiction book.
>
> Does anyone remember this? Nobody even mentions it on TV.
>
> Paul

john mccain is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being
I've ever known in my life.

your pal,
raymond
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote:
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> > as a white woman?

> > jay
> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
> him
> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do not
> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
> those circumstances.

}You are stating the obvious. He still has to prove it, and I don't
think he can.

Still, I'd rather Biden be President if push comes to shove, than some
ill-prepared Alaskan governor.{

How can that be any worse than an ill prepared Texas governor?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:16:01 -0500, "NotMe" > wrote:

>any worse than an ill prepared Texas governor?

or an ill prepared Arkansas governor?

or an ill prepared California govenor/SAG president?

or an ill prepared......the list is too long .......your agrument
point is moot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"NotMe" > wrote in message

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

>> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
>> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

>> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>> > as a white woman?

>> > jay
>> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

>> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
>> him
>> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do
>> not
>> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
>> those circumstances.

> }You are stating the obvious. He still has to prove it, and I don't
> think he can.
>
> Still, I'd rather Biden be President if push comes to shove, than some
> ill-prepared Alaskan governor.{
>

> How can that be any worse than an ill prepared Texas governor?

More of the same Horseshit

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

>> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
>> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>>
>> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>> as a white woman?
>>
>> jay

>>I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>>man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

unlike salt-of-the-earth john mccain with the forty-million-dollar wife.
he made his money the old-fashioned way - by ditching wife number one and
marrying it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>>> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
>>> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>>>
>>> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>>> as a white woman?
>>>
>>> jay

>>>I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>>>man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> unlike salt-of-the-earth john mccain with the forty-million-dollar wife.
> he made his money the old-fashioned way - by ditching wife number one and
> marrying it.

Hmmm .... I just can't decide between my little plaid flippy skirt and my
cheerleader outfit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:22:11 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>> unlike salt-of-the-earth john mccain with the forty-million-dollar wife.
>> he made his money the old-fashioned way - by ditching wife number one and
>> marrying it.
>>

> Hmmm .... I just can't decide between my little plaid flippy skirt and my
> cheerleader outfit.

why not bring both?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:19:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>How does that relate to the
>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

Just say NO to JoBama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in
:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:19:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>How does that relate to the
>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> Just say NO to JoBama

oh please. can you get any more trite with your "slogans"?
that sounds like Southern, Bud-swilling trailer trash.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:22:45 -0400, Billy wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:19:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>How does that relate to the
>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> Just say NO to JoBama

if you like what george bush has done to the country, by all means, vote
for mccain.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
>
> N.

You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for president?
Get serious.

What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
common man to success?

gloria p
Obama in 08
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:47:10 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
>common man to success?

What would be nice if anyone could document that bootstrapping. Many
glaring gaps in his past.

Just Say NO to JoBama!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:54:19 -0400, Billy wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:47:10 -0600, Gloria P >
> wrote:
>
>>What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
>>common man to success?

> What would be nice if anyone could document that bootstrapping. Many
> glaring gaps in his past.
>
> Just Say NO to JoBama!

you don't know what the **** you are talking about. what 'glaring gaps'?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
. ..
> Nancy2 wrote:
>

>> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
>>
>> N.

> You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for president?
> Get serious.
>
> What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
> common man to success?

The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and white.
Look how they chided Kerry for his selection of wives and yet they have zip
to say about McCain doing the same thing. McCain got into Annapolis because
his dad was an admiral and yet they say Obama got preferential treatment
getting accepted to Harvard. They called Kerry a flip-flopper but McCain
can't take the same stand 2 days in a row.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and white.

Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

Just Say NO to JoBama!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>
>>The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and
>>white.

> Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
> that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
that crap.

> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as if
it has anything to do with this.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as
> if it has anything to do with this.
>
> Paul

I agree, it has nothing to do with this. OTOH, there never was justice
either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

>> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as
>> if it has anything to do with this.
>>
>> Paul

> I agree, it has nothing to do with this. OTOH, there never was justice
> either.

True. Also there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> news
>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and
>>> white.

>> Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
>> that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
> that crap.
>
>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as if
> it has anything to do with this.
>
> Paul

I don't see any desperation. From everything I have read Kennedy was the
drunken playboy son of the uber wealthy well connected Kennedy family
who never aspired or cared about anything. He got propelled into
politics because of what had happened to the other sons. Obviously we
will never know what happened but there is lots to suggest he left Mary
Jo Kopechne to drown while saving his own ass and waiting a long time to
come forward likely to insure the right calls could be made. I don't
remember any clouds about Bush Jr having killed anyone and covering it up.

Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
admired and important member of their party. You put someone on stage
with a clouded past and you are begging for comment. After all he was
the one who anointed Obama at the beginning of the race.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:45 -0400, George >
wrote:

>Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
>admired and important member of their party.

It's pretty simple why they do it. He's an elder statesman with the
last name of Kennedy. If Jack and Bobby were still alive, he wouldn't
be trotted out... but someone has to evoke the days of Camelot and
that's him.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:45 -0400, George wrote:

> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
>> news

>>> Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
>>> that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

>> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
>> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
>> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
>> that crap.
>>
>>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

>> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as if
>> it has anything to do with this.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> I don't see any desperation. From everything I have read Kennedy was the
> drunken playboy son of the uber wealthy well connected Kennedy family
> who never aspired or cared about anything. He got propelled into
> politics because of what had happened to the other sons. Obviously we
> will never know what happened but there is lots to suggest he left Mary
> Jo Kopechne to drown while saving his own ass and waiting a long time to
> come forward likely to insure the right calls could be made. I don't
> remember any clouds about Bush Jr having killed anyone and covering it up.
>
> Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
> admired and important member of their party. You put someone on stage
> with a clouded past and you are begging for comment.

that was *forty ****ing years ago*, twenty years before bush (allegedly)
stopped drinking and doing coke.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
> that crap.

Does living there until age 3 MONTHS old REALLY qualify one as a
Connecticut Yankee?
Does that make Hillary a fake New Yorker??