Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

Nancy2 wrote:

> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
>
> N.

You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for president?
Get serious.

What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
common man to success?

gloria p
Obama in 08
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:47:10 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
>common man to success?

What would be nice if anyone could document that bootstrapping. Many
glaring gaps in his past.

Just Say NO to JoBama!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
. ..
> Nancy2 wrote:
>

>> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
>>
>> N.

> You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for president?
> Get serious.
>
> What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
> common man to success?

The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and white.
Look how they chided Kerry for his selection of wives and yet they have zip
to say about McCain doing the same thing. McCain got into Annapolis because
his dad was an admiral and yet they say Obama got preferential treatment
getting accepted to Harvard. They called Kerry a flip-flopper but McCain
can't take the same stand 2 days in a row.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and white.

Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

Just Say NO to JoBama!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

Sheldon wrote:
> "Paul *Misogynist* Kook" wrote:
>> "Sheldon" wrote:
>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

>> _Boy_, I don't know what skeletons are in this
>> babe's closet, but we'll find out soon enough.
>>
>> Paul

> That you so glibly label Sarah Palin a "Babe" defines you as a flaming
> misogynist.

Oh, come on, Sheldon! She *is* a bit of a babe!
Hell, I want to see what she can do (politically, you filthy minded...)
Aside from being a little too conservative for my taste, I think she has
guts and initiative. Governing a bunch of Alaskan hicks is pretty far
distant from beltway politicin'. It just might be a refreshing change.
And isn't "change" what this whole affair is about?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>
>>The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and
>>white.

> Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
> that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
that crap.

> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as if
it has anything to do with this.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Harkened back to the days of Geraldine Ferraro...

<too bad Palin's running mate is as every the handicap that Gerry's was>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 29, 1:57 pm, "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote:
> Am I the only one that the name Sally Fields came to mind the moment she
> started to speak. LOL
>
> --
>
> Joe Cilinceon

You beat me to it, man. Vice-President Gidget.

McCain's pretty cute, too - he'd be a great a uncle.

I'm still going for the skinny guy with the funny name, and that other
old white dude. Looks ain't everything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

>>> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
>>> him
>>> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do
>>> not
>>> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people
>>> in
>>> those circumstances.

>>>You are stating the obvious.

>> Then why did you ask the question?

> I find it amazing that when Bush ran in 2000 they considered his almost
> complete lack of experience to be his best asset. Not being a political
> insider was said to make him a man of clear judgment not influenced by
> politics. He was a real ordinary guy, despite being the eldest son of one
> of the country's richest families. Yeah, we saw how that worked out.
> Also, his known drug use and alcoholism were actually used in his favor.
> They considered the fact that he claimed to have kicked the stuff to be
> proof he was a man of discipline and integrity. The kind of guy *you
> wanted to have a beer with.* ???? And we know how that worked out.
>
> But now Obama is on the ropes for his lack of experience and McCain is
> being lauded as a great leader because he spent 5 years in the Hanoi
> Hilton. Which if anyone recalls was used against him by Bush in 2004
> because they claimed McCain was driven insane by his years of captivity
> and was unfit to be a leader. And to top it all off now McCain has a
> woman as his running mate who he claims is so well suited for the job
> *because she has no experience* and will not be affected by the Beltway
> insiders. I mean my God, you can't write this stuff in a fiction book.
>
> Does anyone remember this? Nobody even mentions it on TV.

I remember it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 11:02?am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. ?His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. ?His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>
> So the "race" is on! ?Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?
>
> jay

>Well, Hillary is white, but she's no woman, proven by staying with her
>lecherous LYING hubby... no one can pick Hillary as a running mate or
>any kind of mate and win, Hillary is toxic.

Bill and Hilary are politicians first, and their marriage agreement
obviously is working for them, and is none of our business. I'm sure they've
both made trade-offs to get where they are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?

Geraldine Ferraro says hi.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as
> if it has anything to do with this.
>
> Paul

I agree, it has nothing to do with this. OTOH, there never was justice
either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shawn Hirn" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> John Kane > wrote:
>
>> On Aug 29, 10:51 am, Sheldon > wrote:
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

>> With a CV like that, I expect we'll see half of Washington DC indicted
>> if she's elected.
>>
>> John Kane Kingston ON Canada

> Including Palin. She's under investigation now for having her former
> brother-in-law fired from his job with the Alaska state policy for
> seeking custody of his children.

She fired the guy's boss for not firing him as she told him to do.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brawny" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 11:02 am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

Jay...this is the first day in quite a while that I AM PROUD TO BE A
REPUBLICAN!

Hold on to that feeling. It can't last long
I was frying a egg when I heard the news. I busted out laughing. Those
crazy Shrublicans are angling for the Hillary vote

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike" > wrote in message

>>> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as
>>> if it has anything to do with this.
>>>
>>> Paul

>> I agree, it has nothing to do with this. OTOH, there never was justice
>> either.

> True. Also there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
> Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

Well I like you.

:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

>> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as
>> if it has anything to do with this.
>>
>> Paul

> I agree, it has nothing to do with this. OTOH, there never was justice
> either.

True. Also there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike wrote:

> there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney. Pansy Ass Dems
> should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

Nancy Pelosi is the one personally responsible for killing the impeachment
initiative. Dennis Kucinich is *still* trying to get Bush impeached, but
Pelosi has publicly stated that impeachment is "off the table", and that
she'll kill any attempt to bring it forward.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"NotMe" > wrote in message

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Aug 29, 12:43 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

>> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
>> > hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
>> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

>> > So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
>> > as a white woman?

>> > jay
>> >I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
>> >man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
>> >blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

>> The way he was brought up. His mother was on food stamps. Don't penalize
>> him
>> for being successful at the American Dream. The other thing is, you do
>> not
>> have to "be" something to understand something or to care about people in
>> those circumstances.

> }You are stating the obvious. He still has to prove it, and I don't
> think he can.
>
> Still, I'd rather Biden be President if push comes to shove, than some
> ill-prepared Alaskan governor.{
>

> How can that be any worse than an ill prepared Texas governor?

More of the same Horseshit

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Bell > wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:

> >> _Boy_, I don't know what skeletons are in this
> >> babe's closet, but we'll find out soon enough.
> >>
> >> Paul

> > That you so glibly label Sarah Palin a "Babe" defines you as a flaming
> > misogynist.

> Oh, come on, Sheldon! She *is* a bit of a babe!
> Hell, I want to see what she can do (politically, you filthy minded...)
> Aside from being a little too conservative for my taste, I think she has
> guts and initiative. Governing a bunch of Alaskan hicks is pretty far
> distant from beltway politicin'. It just might be a refreshing change.
> And isn't "change" what this whole affair is about?

McCain threw out any claim he has that experience is important in this
race when he selected Palin as his nominee. Considering that experience
is one of the few things McCain had up his sleeve, I think he made a
huge error by selecting Palin. He can't possibly take Obama to task for
being inexperience now because Palin lacks no experience at all in
national politics or foreign policy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
jay > wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.

No way. If Obama picked Hillary, it would have been a huge sign of
weakness on his part because he would have caved into the Clintons.
Biden is a fine pick with an excellent set of experience on foreign
affairs. He has strengths in areas where Obama is weak, so they
complement each other nicely.

> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?

Sure. But its not exactly a first time thing because she is the second
woman to run as VP, not the first. Still, at the end of this election,
we'll have a senator as president, which is very unusual, and either a
black guy as president or a white woman as VP, so something historic is
guaranteed to happen in this election.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Aug 29, 10:02*am, jay > wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> > Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> > hard to beat duo. *His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. *His
> > speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
> >
> > So the "race" is on! *Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> > as a white woman?
> >
> > jay

> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

Simple. You don't need to be poor to understand the concerns of the
poor. He grew up in very modest means. Read Obama's campaign platform
and take a look at his public service. Obama graduated with honors from
Harvard Law School as did his wife. They both could have easily went
into private practice of law and raked in millions each annually, but
they went into public service instead. So, sure Obama's wealthy, but one
doesn't need to have a heart attack to help cure cardiac disease any
more then one needs to live in poverty to deal with the problems that
cause poverty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> "Gloria P" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> >

> >> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
> >> man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
> >> blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"
> >>
> >> N.

> > You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for president?
> > Get serious.
> >
> > What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up from being a
> > common man to success?

> The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and white.
> Look how they chided Kerry for his selection of wives and yet they have zip
> to say about McCain doing the same thing. McCain got into Annapolis because
> his dad was an admiral and yet they say Obama got preferential treatment
> getting accepted to Harvard. They called Kerry a flip-flopper but McCain
> can't take the same stand 2 days in a row.

McCain's entire campaign is one of hypocrisy. He's hypocritical on so
many levels, its hard to know where to start. Long before Kerry got
swift boated by the Rove campaign machine, McCain got that treatment in
the 2000 primary. Now, McCain has molded himself into another Bush and
even hired Rove to work his "magic" for him against Obama.

McCain touts his years of experience (most of which are lousy), then
appoints a VP running mate with even less experience then Obama.

With McCain, its one act of hypocrisy after another.

I have a friend who lives near McCain in Arizona. She knows him on a
personal basis. She told me that even though she voted for Bush in 2004,
she would never consider voting for McCain. She told me that McCain's a
nasty ******* with a wild temper who would make a lousy commander in
chief and a terrible statesman due to his uncontrollable temper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >,
> Dave Bell > wrote:
>
>> Sheldon wrote:

>> > That you so glibly label Sarah Palin a "Babe" defines you as a flaming
>> > misogynist.

>> Oh, come on, Sheldon! She *is* a bit of a babe!
>> Hell, I want to see what she can do (politically, you filthy minded...)
>> Aside from being a little too conservative for my taste, I think she has
>> guts and initiative. Governing a bunch of Alaskan hicks is pretty far
>> distant from beltway politicin'. It just might be a refreshing change.
>> And isn't "change" what this whole affair is about?

> McCain threw out any claim he has that experience is important in this
> race when he selected Palin as his nominee. Considering that experience
> is one of the few things McCain had up his sleeve, I think he made a
> huge error by selecting Palin. He can't possibly take Obama to task for
> being inexperience now because Palin lacks no experience at all in
> national politics or foreign policy.

Stan,

Is it safe to say, America is up for grabs?

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
> > there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney. Pansy Ass Dems
> > should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

> Nancy Pelosi is the one personally responsible for killing the impeachment
> initiative. Dennis Kucinich is *still* trying to get Bush impeached, but
> Pelosi has publicly stated that impeachment is "off the table", and that
> she'll kill any attempt to bring it forward.

Not so. The American people killed any chance of impeachment for the
simple reason that we failed to put enough Democrats into congress to
get enough votes for impeachment. Pelosi has the good sense to realize
that launching impeachment proceedings without any hope of getting
enough votes for impeachment would just be a huge distraction. She
learned from the mistakes the Republicans made in trying to impeach
Clinton. Too bad others did not learn that same lesson.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan wrote:

> huge error by selecting Palin. He can't possibly take Obama to task for
> being inexperience now because Palin lacks no experience at all in
> national politics or foreign policy.

This is what happens when you post too early in the morning, I think.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan wrote:

> she would never consider voting for McCain. She told me that McCain's a
> nasty ******* with a wild temper who would make a lousy commander in
> chief and a terrible statesman due to his uncontrollable temper.

Would he use his shoe as a gavel at the UN, pounding it on the table and
shouting, "We! Will! Bury! You!"?

Enquiring minds want to know!

('Cause McCain even *looks* a little like Khrushchev.)

BTW, for those intrigued by such things, a friend of mine reports that
www.vpilf.com is indeed a real site. I haven't visited the site, so I'd have
no way of knowing whether the content there is what the name implies.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> No way. If Obama picked Hillary, it would have been a huge sign of
> weakness on his part because he would have caved into the Clintons.

I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her. Both are desperate
enough to win to do something like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed wrote:

> I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her. Both are
> desperate enough to win to do something like that.

Sure, she would have. Then when asked why she'd be willing to take the
underside of the ticket, she'd reply with, "Well, it's almost September, and
anything can happen. You know, James Garfield and William McKinley were both
assassinated in September....HINT! HINT!"

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I wrote:
>> I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her. Both are
>> desperate enough to win to do something like that.

> Sure, she would have. Then when asked why she'd be willing to take the
> underside of the ticket, she'd reply with, "Well, it's almost September,
> and anything can happen. You know, James Garfield and William McKinley
> were both assassinated in September....HINT! HINT!"

(By the way, I know that Garfield was actually shot in July.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger said...

> Ed wrote:
>
>> I wonder if Hillary would have run if McCain picked her. Both are
>> desperate enough to win to do something like that.

> Sure, she would have. Then when asked why she'd be willing to take the
> underside of the ticket, she'd reply with, "Well, it's almost September,
> and anything can happen. You know, James Garfield and William McKinley
> were both assassinated in September....HINT! HINT!"
>
> Bob

Heh heh heh heh heh.

That's her alright!

I have it on good authority from my hairdresser that Hillary very recently
got a massive face lift and a wig and ran off to Alaska. Coincidence?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> news
>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:04:13 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The right wing likes their presidents filthy rich and stupid. Oh and
>>> white.

>> Let me think......that's right...the left wing has NEVER done
>> that!....You are a hoot, Paul!!

> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
> that crap.
>
>> Oh....Chappaquiddick. What a pretty bridge.

> Pretty desperate tio have to bring that up every 4 years for 40 years as if
> it has anything to do with this.
>
> Paul

I don't see any desperation. From everything I have read Kennedy was the
drunken playboy son of the uber wealthy well connected Kennedy family
who never aspired or cared about anything. He got propelled into
politics because of what had happened to the other sons. Obviously we
will never know what happened but there is lots to suggest he left Mary
Jo Kopechne to drown while saving his own ass and waiting a long time to
come forward likely to insure the right calls could be made. I don't
remember any clouds about Bush Jr having killed anyone and covering it up.

Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
admired and important member of their party. You put someone on stage
with a clouded past and you are begging for comment. After all he was
the one who anointed Obama at the beginning of the race.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in
:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:19:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>How does that relate to the
>>blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

> Just say NO to JoBama

oh please. can you get any more trite with your "slogans"?
that sounds like Southern, Bud-swilling trailer trash.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P > wrote in
:

> Nancy2 wrote:
>

>> I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing
>> the common man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How
>> does that relate to the blue-collar worker, or the "common
>> man?"
>>
>> N.

> You think maybe someone earning $16k a year should run for
> president? Get serious.

anyone earning 16k/year couldn't *afford* to run for
president.
however, a homeless man did win a seat in the NH legislature
(which pays a whopping $100/year)

> What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up
> from being a common man to success?

nothing.
but i'm still undecided. Obama needs to get over his gun
control issues, for one thing... he's so typical city-folk
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in
:

> Mike wrote:
>
>> there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
>> Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying
>> ass years ago

> Nancy Pelosi is the one personally responsible for killing
> the impeachment initiative. Dennis Kucinich is *still*
> trying to get Bush impeached, but Pelosi has publicly
> stated that impeachment is "off the table", and that she'll
> kill any attempt to bring it forward.

Pelosi is an idiot, but... it would be seen as a huge power
grab by Dems if she had gone with impeachment. take out Bush &
Cheney (& both should be impeached & sent to Gitmo for
treason) and who becomes president? why, it's Pelosi!
now would be a good time to go through with impeachment
though. she wouldn't be president long enough to do damage...
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
> that crap.

Does living there until age 3 MONTHS old REALLY qualify one as a
Connecticut Yankee?
Does that make Hillary a fake New Yorker??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Aug 29, 10:02 am, jay > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

> Yep Baracks F'd UP when he didn't pick Hillary. That would have been a
> hard to beat duo. His ego got the best of him and he F'd Up. His
> speech was nauseating. All scripted BS.
>
> So the "race" is on! Is it ok to be proud of a historical VP pick such
> as a white woman?
>
> jay

I find it odd that Barak is being lauded for "representing the common
man," when last year's income was $4.2M. How does that relate to the
blue-collar worker, or the "common man?"

N.

BTW when they say - "tax the wealthy" one needs a proper definition of "The
Wealthy"

The Wealthy is defined as anyone who make more money that YOU!

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:09:10 -0700, "Mike"
> wrote:

>True. Also there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney.
>Pansy Ass Dems should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

I agree they should have been impeached, but apparently Nancy Pelosi
did not. She wanted it off the table as a campaign issue.
Bush/Cheney and cohorts will get theirs eventually, if there is any
justice left in this world.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 06:59:14 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> Mike wrote:
>>
>> > there never was Justice for Bush and his Puppeteer Cheney. Pansy Ass Dems
>> > should have impeached his criminal ,lying ass years ago

>> Nancy Pelosi is the one personally responsible for killing the impeachment
>> initiative. Dennis Kucinich is *still* trying to get Bush impeached, but
>> Pelosi has publicly stated that impeachment is "off the table", and that
>> she'll kill any attempt to bring it forward.

>Not so. The American people killed any chance of impeachment for the
>simple reason that we failed to put enough Democrats into congress to
>get enough votes for impeachment. Pelosi has the good sense to realize
>that launching impeachment proceedings without any hope of getting
>enough votes for impeachment would just be a huge distraction.

True dat too.

>She
>learned from the mistakes the Republicans made in trying to impeach
>Clinton. Too bad others did not learn that same lesson.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:45 -0400, George >
wrote:

>Its all pretty simple. The democrats keep putting him on stage as an
>admired and important member of their party.

It's pretty simple why they do it. He's an elder statesman with the
last name of Kennedy. If Jack and Bobby were still alive, he wouldn't
be trotted out... but someone has to evoke the days of Camelot and
that's him.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> What's wrong with someone who has bootstrapped his way up
>> from being a common man to success?

>nothing.
> but i'm still undecided. Obama needs to get over his gun
>control issues, for one thing... he's so typical city-folk

Gee. Ever stop to wonder why city folk don't like guns? It's the
same reason you won't live there. I'm also against hunting animals
with assault rifles and night scopes. Low tech bow and arrow are
sport. High tech bow and arrow, and guns any caliber above 36 are
not.

Mae West