Old 17-02-2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Natural Skin Care - Just Open Your Kitchen Cabinet

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Wanna puke? A very strange woman began clinging to my band like a barnacle
at one of our gigs. Our drummer, who was not very good at spotting people
you shouldn't talk to, told her she had beautiful hair. She said that when
she cooks salmon, and it exudes fish juice into the cooking pan, she uses it
to make her hair shiny.

If she was telling the truth, that is SERIOUSLY yucky, and she
is weirder than weird.

gloria p
Old 17-02-2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Wanna puke? A very strange woman began clinging to my band like a
barnacle at one of our gigs. Our drummer, who was not very good at
spotting people you shouldn't talk to, told her she had beautiful hair.
She said that when she cooks salmon, and it exudes fish juice into the
cooking pan, she uses it to make her hair shiny.

If she was telling the truth, that is SERIOUSLY yucky, and she
is weirder than weird.

gloria p

The problem with this woman is that when she tells the truth, it's stranger
than anything anyone could possibly invent. :-)

Old 18-02-2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

Olive oil is good for your skin

Jill

hell.. any edible oil should be great for skin, right?

Old 18-02-2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

Back in...oh, probably the late 1950s and early 1960s, my mother
went through a phase where she baked her caucasian skin to a deep
tan every summer via the backyard lounger. Her lube-job of choice
was olive oil.

and thirty years later ours was baby oil (mineral oil).
No diff really...
Old 18-02-2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

Every once in a while I'll slather Bag Balm on my hands and don white
cotton gloves before going to sleep. Mom said they did this when she
was young. It really does soften up the skin and makes your hands look
great. But yes, it's greasy as hell (hence the gloves).

Jill

This works for feet too! Wear socks though. ;-)

-Tracy