Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Natural Skin Care - Just Open Your Kitchen Cabinet

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Puester wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Safer, less expensive, and easy-to-use natural skin care can be as
>>> easy as opening your kitchen cabinet, coupled with a few minutes of
>>> preparation.
>>>

>> My husband's eccentric aunt, a PhD in entomology, used Crisco for hand
>> and face cream. She said if it was safe to eat, it must be safe to wear.
>>
>> ;-)
>> gloria p

> But it's a bitch to rub in, eh?
> I prefer a hand cream that disappears easily in to the skin rather than
> fighting to get it to absorb or having to rub off the excess?
>
> I dealt with that with trying pure lanolin

Every once in a while I'll slather Bag Balm on my hands and don white cotton
gloves before going to sleep. Mom said they did this when she was young.
It really does soften up the skin and makes your hands look great. But yes,
it's greasy as hell (hence the gloves).

Jill