Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Reader

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
> black screen.

Hey, I haven't had a chance to exercise my special WebTV header in a
while.

Thanks!

--
Blinky
And killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:16:08 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>>
>>> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something
>>> puzzles me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake
>>> addresses on a black screen.
>>>
>>> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>>>
>>> Libby

>> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this person is
>> using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
> interface look like?

You are aware that they're people who didn't qualify for Google Groups,
right?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

It was my pleasure to make a contribution.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this person is
>>> using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

>> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
>> interface look like?

> You are aware that they're people who didn't qualify for Google Groups,
> right?

I kinda knew that. The author of the famously stupid lasagna question was a
webtv idiot, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
>> sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.
>>
>> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
>> read the same one over again.
>>
>> So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.
>>

> Um... you don't have to read then re-read the same messages again and
> again on Google Groups.

Or in a real news client, either.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:16:08 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>>
>>> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
>>> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
>>> black screen.
>>>
>>> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>>>
>>> Libby

>> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
>> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
> interface look like?

Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
(I don't think he's the only one who does that)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Jan 8, 2:08 pm, sandi > wrote:
>> " > wrote innews:23a8db6e-(snip)

>> > is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more formal
>> > aproach?

>> You can contribute where ever you'd like.
>>
>> Welcome to the group.

> thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
> i'm from nz and new to these groups.

Hi rabbit. I don't think that NZ has webtv so it's probably best just to
note who makes disparaging remarks about it and it's users and note the
names. You'll see that they are frequently obnoxious about all sorts of
things and to all sorts of people for very little reason. They will attack
any user without knowing anything else about them other than the fact that
they use this thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
>>> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

>> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
>> interface look like?

> Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
> (I don't think he's the only one who does that)
>
> Bob

Yeah, but even before they see his messages, webtv users all seem like
short-bus graduates.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their
>>> newsgroup interface look like?

>> Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
>> (I don't think he's the only one who does that)
>>
>> Bob

> Yeah, but even before they see his messages, webtv users all seem like
> short-bus graduates.

Do you have a cite on them having graduated?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

FarmI wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Jan 8, 2:08 pm, sandi > wrote:
>>> " > wrote
>>> innews:23a8db6e-(snip)

>>> You can contribute where ever you'd like.
>>>
>>> Welcome to the group.

>> thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
>> i'm from nz and new to these groups.

> Hi rabbit. I don't think that NZ has webtv so it's probably best just to
> note who makes disparaging remarks about it and it's users and note the
> names. You'll see that they are frequently obnoxious about all sorts of
> things and to all sorts of people for very little reason. They will attack
> any user without knowing anything else about them other than the fact that
> they use this thing.

And its sister, Google Groups.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
>>> (I don't think he's the only one who does that)
>>>
>>> Bob

>> Yeah, but even before they see his messages, webtv users all seem like
>> short-bus graduates.

> Do you have a cite on them having graduated?

Well, we know they didn't fall UNDER the bus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> FarmI wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
>>> i'm from nz and new to these groups.

>> Hi rabbit. I don't think that NZ has webtv so it's probably best just to
>> note who makes disparaging remarks about it and it's users and note the
>> names. You'll see that they are frequently obnoxious about all sorts of
>> things and to all sorts of people for very little reason. They will
>> attack
>> any user without knowing anything else about them other than the fact
>> that
>> they use this thing.

> And its sister, Google Groups.

Illegitimate sister

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news

>>> Hi rabbit. I don't think that NZ has webtv so it's probably best just
>>> to note who makes disparaging remarks about it and it's users and note
>>> the names. You'll see that they are frequently obnoxious about all
>>> sorts of things and to all sorts of people for very little reason. They
>>> will attack
>>> any user without knowing anything else about them other than the fact
>>> that
>>> they use this thing.

>> And its sister, Google Groups.

> Illegitimate sister

Thank you! I actually tried to come up with a suitable modifier and
failed. I got as far as "slutty", but then my mind got to wondering
and...well, you know how it goes.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:17:47 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>
>> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
>> sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.
>>
>> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
>> read the same one over again.
>>
>> So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.

>I never said the word "firewall", and of course have no idea what
>you're talking about since you don't either.

"That word ... it does not mean what you seem to think it means." -
Princess Bride

So, Libby, are you going to start talking about FOOD or COOKING any time
soon? You could either post a recipe, or browse the many threads that are
going and contribute to them (we have a nice cheesecake holy war going on
right now . Starting a thread complaining about another person is a Bad
Plan.

obFood: My cold has recovered to the point where I can actually taste the
spices in my chai (Oregon Chai classic, cut 1:1 with water as milk is a
bad idea when you've got sinussy stuff) today. I might be able to have a
burger in a couple of days. YEE HAW.

Charlotte
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Goomba38 wrote:

> > Um... you don't have to read then re-read the same messages again and
> > again on Google Groups.

> Or in a real news client, either.

But if she's using WebTV she doesn't have those software options, I
think.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article .net>,
> Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>
>> Goomba38 wrote:

>> > Um... you don't have to read then re-read the same messages again and
>> > again on Google Groups.

>> Or in a real news client, either.

> But if she's using WebTV she doesn't have those software options, I think.

That's why real clients have been suggested.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "JoeSpareBedroom" > said:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> > JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> >> Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
> >> interface look like?

> > Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
> > (I don't think he's the only one who does that)
> >
> > Bob

> Yeah, but even before they see his messages, webtv users all seem like
> short-bus graduates.

They choose WebTV over a real computer -- of *course* they rode the
short bus...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, zxcvbob > said:
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> >> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
> >> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

> > Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
> > interface look like?
> >

> Because sqz sets his WebTV text to black on black just to bewilder them.
> (I don't think he's the only one who does that)
>
> Bob

At least not anymore... ;-)

--
Jani in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "JoeSpareBedroom" > said:
> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news

> >> Hi rabbit. I don't think that NZ has webtv so it's probably best just to
> >> note who makes disparaging remarks about it and it's users and note the
> >> names. You'll see that they are frequently obnoxious about all sorts of
> >> things and to all sorts of people for very little reason. They will
> >> attack
> >> any user without knowing anything else about them other than the fact
> >> that
> >> they use this thing.

> > And its sister, Google Groups.

> Illegitimate sister

Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:

> One time on Usenet, "JoeSpareBedroom" > said:
>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > And its sister, Google Groups.

>> Illegitimate sister

> Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Little Malice wrote:
>
> > One time on Usenet, "JoeSpareBedroom" > said:

> >> Illegitimate sister

> > Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

> Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

.... who doesn't shave her arm pits. Or bathe regularly.

Are we done now?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Mark Thorson > said:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
> >
> > Little Malice wrote:

> > > Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

> > Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

> .... who doesn't shave her arm pits. Or bathe regularly.
>
> Are we done now?

Now, Mark, what do you have against a good cascade? ;-)

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> That's why real clients have been suggested.
>
> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org

You can suggest all you want, with webtv you don't have ANY options to
download anything. You can use webtv's interface or you can go with google.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Little Malice wrote:
>
>> One time on Usenet, "JoeSpareBedroom" > said:

>>> Illegitimate sister

>> Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

> Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

......with drug-resistant chlamydia and a club foot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, Mark Thorson > said:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

>> .... who doesn't shave her arm pits. Or bathe regularly.
>>
>> Are we done now?

> Now, Mark, what do you have against a good cascade? ;-)

Snuh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> Little Malice wrote:

>>> Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

>> Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

> .....with drug-resistant chlamydia and a club foot.

.......not to mention a horrible case of leaky bladder, pubic lice, and loose
anal sphincter.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

New Reader

Group: rec.food.cooking Date: Tue, Jan 8, 2008, 1:23pm (EST-1) From:
(Ms*P)

"You can suggest all you want, with webtv you don't have ANY options to
download anything. You can use webtv's interface or you can go with
google."
Ms P

---------------
Thats very true,you cant.Although,Ive suddenly been able to 'download'so
they call it my credit card statements.They fixed the site so you
can..strange.Also you must consider what you use the net for'If its just
to send email or make webpages and many other things ,especially where
the expense of a computer is prohibitive,it serves the purpose.I only
have one because it was given to me as a birthday gift in 1992,and Ive
replaced it once.Ive found I can do most things as with a computer,to
suit my needs,send photos,make pages,do my banking on line ,pay
bills,etc.If In ever need to go farther ,I,ll get a puter for more heavy
stuff
Some people cant afford a computer,are too old,or dont want to
bother with all the techie stuff.Thousands of Seniors use it just to
keep in touch with family across miles,or are lonely ,thats all they use
it for and couldnt put out big bucks(or small) for a computer..Its easy
for the elderly to use.,so its not always a matter of choice,its what
affordable or managable.My relative just put out mucho dollars on a
puter,with all the bangs and whistles,just email and doesnt have a clue
what do do with it otherwise.....
Cheers,Smitty

"Food, Art and Films,What else do you need?...Well.."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>> Little Malice wrote:

>> > Ugly, illegitemate half-sister...

>> Ugly, slutty illegitemate half-sister...

> ... who doesn't shave her arm pits. Or bathe regularly.
>
> Are we done now?

I'll go with "probably not".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, zxcvbob > said:
> Little Malice wrote:

> >> .... who doesn't shave her arm pits. Or bathe regularly.
> >>
> >> Are we done now?

> > Now, Mark, what do you have against a good cascade? ;-)
> >

> Snuh?

http://kb.iu.edu/data/afhb.html

Although I generally find them amusing more than abusive. That is,
as long as they aren't a habit...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:13:31 -0800 (PST), "
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
>i'm from nz and new to these groups.

It's never a bad idea to look at a ng's FAQ:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cooking/faq/

Terry Pulliam Burd
--
I never thought I would miss Nixon.

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:25:25 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Goomba38 wrote:
>
>> Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>>> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
>>> sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.
>>>
>>> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
>>> read the same one over again.
>>>
>>> So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.
>>>

>> Um... you don't have to read then re-read the same messages again and
>> again on Google Groups.

>Or in a real news client, either.

You do if the poster didn't trim.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 9, 4:15 pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:13:31 -0800 (PST), "
> > fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
> >thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
> >i'm from nz and new to these groups.

> It's never a bad idea to look at a ng's FAQ:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cooking/faq/
>
> Terry Pulliam Burd
> --
> I never thought I would miss Nixon.
>
> To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Thanks Terry, most interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:23:53 -0600, "Ms P" >
wrote:

>"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>news
>>
>> That's why real clients have been suggested.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org

>You can suggest all you want, with webtv you don't have ANY options to
>download anything. You can use webtv's interface or you can go with google.

I think of webtv as people dipping their toes into the waters of the
internet, kicking the tires.... trying to decide if they want to buy a
computer or not.

Note to WebTV: You can get a real computer for very little now and
you can find low cost or free computer lessons many places.

For a good deal on a Dell notebook (I'm looking at this for myself)
http://tinyurl.com/2yutlg
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...821&lid=613249

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Recipe reader sale Nancy Young[_6_] General Cooking 1 02-12-2013 07:39 PM
Usenet Reader for iPad Nad General Cooking 1 08-10-2011 02:27 AM
newsgroup reader for Mac Nico Tea 5 29-08-2005 06:20 PM
apologize for new reader Beach Runner Vegan 4 05-08-2005 09:06 PM