Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Reader

I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
black screen.

Is this a troll, or am I missing something?

By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.

Libby

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Fred/Libby Barclay" > wrote in message

> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
> black screen.
>
> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>
> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>
> Libby

Black screen?

You are a webTV user, right? Chances are the problem is on your end.
Squertz' messages always look normal to me. As far as fake addresses, all
smart newsgroups users have those.

If you have a real computer at home, you will be a much happier person if
you use that to access newsgroups, instead of webtv.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:16:08 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>
>> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
>> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
>> black screen.
>>
>> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>>
>> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>>
>> Libby

> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

Why are these webtv people always so confused? What does their newsgroup
interface look like?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:16:08 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>
> > I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something
> > puzzles me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake
> > addresses on a black screen.
> >
> > Is this a troll, or am I missing something?

> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.

I had noticed a while back that your headers contain some WebTV color
information. Wicked old Steve.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:16:08 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>
>> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something
>> puzzles me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake
>> addresses on a black screen.
>>
>> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>>
>> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>>
>> Libby

> I don't even have to look at their headers to know that this
> person is using WebTV, where my posts are disguised.
>
> I oughta respond a few times just to make them even more
> confused ;-)
>
> For anybody else that wants to keep WebTV'ers from reading your
> posts, look at my headers and choose the obvious line to add to
> your own headers.
>
> Thanks for the positive feedback, Fred/Libby!

Black-on-black. ROTFLOL!!!! I love it.

Why doesn't WebTv just dry up and die???

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote

> Thanks for the positive feedback, Fred/Libby!

Okay, that's funny.

From the headers:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think every
response would be so off-putting.

By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

I won't bother you again.

Libby

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
> black screen.
>
> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?

WebTVers are not much liked in this newsgroup.
You'd best move on before something really
nasty happens to you. For example, Squertz
has been known to post the "logic bomb" which
will reprogram your WebTV to make it unusable.
You really don't want that to happen. Hope
this helps! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!
>
> I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think
> every response would be so off-putting.

Time to post the Bomb, Steve.

Let's not see this one again!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 6:27*pm, (Fred/Libby Barclay) wrote:
> Wow! *Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!
>
> I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think every
> response would be so off-putting.
>
> By *the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.
>
> I won't bother you again.
>
> Libby

No it doesn't.

I do find using a fake webtv address for accessing these groups is a
boon, though. I suspect most webtv'ers access these groups through
webtv's "Discuss" feature. It's a real pain for anything that is not
behind the firewall. A 'puter is MUCH easier.

Although I do access these groups through Google I'm going to try
terranews. Just got to do a bit of study/research first before I
commit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 12:16 pm, (Fred/Libby Barclay) wrote:
> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
> black screen.
>
> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?
>
> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.
>
> Libby

excuse me, this is all new to me, can someone explain?

rabbit
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Fred/Libby Barclay" > wrote in message

> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!
>
> I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think every
> response would be so off-putting.
>
> By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

Really? Then why is it that when we see a user who is clearly unable to
figure out where they are in a discussion or who they're responding to, 95%
of the time, it's a webtv user? 3% are google users and the rest are simply
retarded.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>>
>> I've been reading your group for the past week or so. Something puzzles
>> me.......who or what is Squertz that only has the fake addresses on a
>> black screen.
>>
>> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?

> WebTVers are not much liked in this newsgroup.
> You'd best move on before something really
> nasty happens to you. For example, Squertz
> has been known to post the "logic bomb" which
> will reprogram your WebTV to make it unusable.
> You really don't want that to happen. Hope
> this helps! :-)

Is it almost that time????
http://www.wimp.com/basetwo/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:.

> By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

Nope, that lame WebTeeVee "newsreader" SUCKS....

--
Best
Greg "had WebTV for three years..."

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 1:49 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:27:26 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
> > Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

> > I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think every
> > response would be so off-putting.

> > By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

> > I won't bother you again.

> > Libby

> I'm scratching another hash mark in my monitor.
>
> -sw

is no one giving just a little info???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Jan 8, 1:49 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:27:26 -0500, Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>> > Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

>> > I knew a lot of you were really smart asses, but I didn't think every
>> > response would be so off-putting.

>> > By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

>> > I won't bother you again.

>> > Libby

>> I'm scratching another hash mark in my monitor.
>>
>> -sw

> is no one giving just a little info???

As a specific question, other than "this is all new to me".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 1:59 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >> I'm scratching another hash mark in my monitor.

> >> -sw

> > is no one giving just a little info???

> As a specific question, other than "this is all new to me".

webtv used on the net ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Jan 8, 1:59 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> > is no one giving just a little info???

>> As a specific question, other than "this is all new to me".

> webtv used on the net ?

Do a google search using the word "webtv problems", without the quotation
marks. You'll find the answers you seek.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in

..com:

> On Jan 8, 1:59 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
> wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>

>> > is no one giving just a little info???

>> As a specific question, other than "this is all new to me".

> webtv used on the net ?

On usenet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 2:01 pm, sandi > wrote:
> wrote
> s.com:
>
> > On Jan 8, 12:16 pm, (Fred/Libby Barclay)
> > wrote:
> >> I've been reading your group for the past week or so.
> >> Something puzzles me.......who or what is Squertz that only
> >> has the fake addresses on a black screen.

> >> Is this a troll, or am I missing something?

> >> By the way, I've been enjoying the conversations.

> >> Libby

> > excuse me, this is all new to me, can someone explain?

> > rabbit

> What do you want to know?
> What is the question?

is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more formal aproach?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in

s.com:

> On Jan 8, 2:01 pm, sandi > wrote:
>> wrote
>>
>> group s.com:

>> > excuse me, this is all new to me, can someone explain?

>> > rabbit

>> What do you want to know?
>> What is the question?

> is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more formal
> aproach?

You can contribute where ever you'd like.

Welcome to the group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
enews.net...
> " > wrote in
>
> s.com:
>
>> On Jan 8, 2:01 pm, sandi > wrote:
>>> wrote
>>>
>>> group s.com:

>>> What do you want to know?
>>> What is the question?

>> is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more formal
>> aproach?

> You can contribute where ever you'd like.
>
> Welcome to the group.

But, never ask a question like this:

Subject: Can I make lasagna at home?
Message: How?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 2:08 pm, sandi > wrote:
> " > wrote
> s.com:
>

> > On Jan 8, 2:01 pm, sandi > wrote:
> >> wrote
> >>
> >> group s.com:

> >> What do you want to know?
> >> What is the question?

> > is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more formal
> > aproach?

> You can contribute where ever you'd like.
>
> Welcome to the group.

thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people like you!
i'm from nz and new to these groups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.

I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
read the same one over again.

So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

You were the one who started up with the 'troll' talk. Great first post.

> By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

So great that you couldn't properly read properly formatted posts, and why
you can't seem to properly format your own posts.

> I won't bother you again.

Screen door, backside, et al.
--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
news
> Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>
>> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

> You were the one who started up with the 'troll' talk. Great first post.
>>
>> By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

> So great that you couldn't properly read properly formatted posts, and why
> you can't seem to properly format your own posts.

I've heard the interface really does suck. But squertz also sent him up the
bomb. :-) Or, the pre-bomb, or whatever he's cookin' up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> news
>> Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
>>
>>> Wow! Thanks everybody for making me feel so welcome!

>> You were the one who started up with the 'troll' talk. Great first
>> post.
>>>
>>> By the way, Webtv has a great format for reading discussion groups.

>> So great that you couldn't properly read properly formatted posts,
>> and why you can't seem to properly format your own posts.

> I've heard the interface really does suck. But squertz also sent him
> up the bomb. :-) Or, the pre-bomb, or whatever he's cookin' up.

I.E.D. :-O

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Fred/Libby Barclay" > wrote in message

> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
> sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.
>
> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
> read the same one over again.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Do you have a normal computer at home?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:

> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see
> that sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.

Now THAT'S a real upgrade. <snicker>

> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
> read the same one over again.

Redundancy a big problem for you, eh?

> So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.

ROTFLOL!!!!!! So sad, too bad.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in

s.com:

> On Jan 8, 2:08 pm, sandi > wrote:
>> " > wrote
>>
>> group s.com:

>> > is it ok just to push in like this or is there a more
>> > formal aproach?

>> You can contribute where ever you'd like.
>>
>> Welcome to the group.

> thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people
> like you! i'm from nz and new to these groups.

I hear NZ is beautiful. Does NZ have a special type food or dish?
What are your favorite foods?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> You were the one who started up with the 'troll' talk. Great first
>>> post.

>>> So great that you couldn't properly read properly formatted posts,
>>> and why you can't seem to properly format your own posts.

>> I've heard the interface really does suck. But squertz also sent him
>> up the bomb. :-) Or, the pre-bomb, or whatever he's cookin' up.

> I.E.D. :-O

http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 2:28 pm, sandi > wrote:
> " > wrote
> s.com:
>
> > On Jan 8, 2:08 pm, sandi > wrote:
> >> " > wrote
> >>
> >> group s.com:

> >> You can contribute where ever you'd like.

> >> Welcome to the group.

> > thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people
> > like you! i'm from nz and new to these groups.

> I hear NZ is beautiful. Does NZ have a special type food or dish?
> What are your favorite foods?

NZ is famous for it's beef and lamb, where in the summer we would
almost bbq most evenings, with an exception today as i will cook
ginger beef in the wok and this recipe i obtained from China town
Sydney. Maybe i could teach dave ??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>(Sqwertz)wrote:
>I don't even have to look at their headers to
>know that this person is using WebTV, where my posts
>are disguised.
>I oughta respond a few times just to make them
>even more confused ;-)
>For anybody else that wants to keep WebTV'ers from reading
>your posts, look at my headers and choose the obvious
>line to add to your own headers.
>Thanks for the positive feedback, Fred/Libby!
>-sw

No, didn't go to Google groups either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in

s.com:

> On Jan 8, 2:28 pm, sandi > wrote:
>> " > wrote
>>
>> group s.com:

>> > thanks that makes me feel great, hope there are more people
>> > like you! i'm from nz and new to these groups.

>> I hear NZ is beautiful. Does NZ have a special type food or
>> dish? What are your favorite foods?

> NZ is famous for it's beef and lamb, where in the summer we
> would almost bbq most evenings, with an exception today as i
> will cook ginger beef in the wok and this recipe i obtained
> from China town Sydney. Maybe i could teach dave ??

Maybe you could teach me. What is your ginger beef recipe, if
you'd care to share. If not.. that's okay too.
Thanks for the beef and lamb info, I had no idea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fred/Libby Barclay wrote:
> I should have gone to google groups before I posted. Now I can see that
> sqwertz isn't worth reading anyway.
>
> I can read newsgroups that way, but prefer the webtv format so I don't
> read the same one over again.
>
> So no, squertz.....you haven't blocked anything with your 'firewall'.

Um... you don't have to read then re-read the same messages again and
again on Google Groups.
Perhaps you need to look around a bit more for the settings or sign in
option?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 2:54 pm, sandi > wrote:
> " > wrote
> s.com:
>

> > On Jan 8, 2:28 pm, sandi > wrote:
> >> " > wrote
> >>
> >> group s.com:

> >> I hear NZ is beautiful. Does NZ have a special type food or
> >> dish? What are your favorite foods?

> > NZ is famous for it's beef and lamb, where in the summer we
> > would almost bbq most evenings, with an exception today as i
> > will cook ginger beef in the wok and this recipe i obtained
> > from China town Sydney. Maybe i could teach dave ??

> Maybe you could teach me. What is your ginger beef recipe, if
> you'd care to share. If not.. that's okay too.
> Thanks for the beef and lamb info, I had no idea.

I think the really important part is to soak the ginger slices in
white vineager and a teaspoon of white suger for two hours while you
also marinate the beef in soy sauce and cornflour. This brings the two
flovours together along with the fresh capsicum and shallots....
Delicious served with fluffy rice!!

Where are you from and I am sure you must have a favourate food??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> I've heard the interface really does suck. But squertz also sent him
>>> up the bomb. :-) Or, the pre-bomb, or whatever he's cookin' up.

>> I.E.D. :-O

> http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf

Dang it, now I won't be able to get that tune outta my head.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Recipe reader sale Nancy Young[_6_] General Cooking 1 02-12-2013 08:39 PM
Usenet Reader for iPad Nad General Cooking 1 08-10-2011 02:27 AM
newsgroup reader for Mac Nico Tea 5 29-08-2005 06:20 PM
apologize for new reader Beach Runner Vegan 4 05-08-2005 09:06 PM