Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christine was so mean to me..

She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up to
Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at Trader
Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d rambutans.
Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's canvas bag. I'll
never leave home without it, Koko!
Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad and
all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta gawd,
Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:17:16 GMT, "The Joneses" >
wrote:

> She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up to
>Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
>lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
> Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
>cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at Trader
>Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d rambutans.
>Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's canvas bag. I'll
>never leave home without it, Koko!
> Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
>Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad and
>all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
> She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
>dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
> When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
>Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
>books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta gawd,
>Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
>Edrena

Edrena, it wouldn't have been a proper cook-in had some meanness not
been bestowed. It is de riguer. Christine would have lost her
license to be cook-in hostess. Kay Hartman would have come along and
it would've gotten ugly, blood would be shed, and Christine would be
the worse for the wear.

You did your part by allowing her meanness to be. And so it is
written.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
et...
> She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up
> to Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
> lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
> Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
> cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at
> Trader Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d
> rambutans. Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's
> canvas bag. I'll never leave home without it, Koko!
> Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
> Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad
> and all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
> She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
> dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
> When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
> Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
> books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta
> gawd, Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
> Edrena

It must be hell out there!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:44:45 +0100, "Ophelia" > wrote:

>It must be hell out there!!!!!

If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
about it. LOLOL

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:44:45 +0100, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>>It must be hell out there!!!!!

> If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
> idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
> about it. LOLOL

No I haven't I can only hope

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:48:07 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:44:45 +0100, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>>It must be hell out there!!!!!

>If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
>idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
>about it. LOLOL

No one has ever been mean to me at a cook-in, even my own :-( And I
have even sous chef-ed for KayH!

TammyM

Thanks Christine Becca General Cooking 0 27-11-2009 01:38 AM
From Christine Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 24 09-09-2009 01:19 AM
Hey Christine! sf[_9_] General Cooking 13 18-04-2009 05:21 PM
Well done Christine! Sarah[_1_] General Cooking 2 16-01-2009 01:39 AM
Well done Christine! Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 15-01-2009 11:57 PM