Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default From Christine

Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"

Just in case people were worried.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 3, 9:51*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>
> Just in case people were worried.
>
> Bob

Well whoopie ding, yeah we were all sitting around with bated breath,
awaiting an update. Pfffft.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>
> Just in case people were worried.
>
> Bob

Well whoopie ding, yeah we were all sitting around with bated breath,
awaiting an update. Pfffft.

----------------------

I worried. She had surgery.

Thanks for the update Bob T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:46:46 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:51:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:
>
>>Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>>
>>Just in case people were worried.
>>
>>Bob

>Yep, home. Trying to keep foot up, which limits my computer access
>right now. Not much appetite right now....
>
>Christine, heading back to bed.

Sweet dreams-if possible.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PVC wrote:

> Well whoopie ding, yeah we were all sitting around with bated breath,
> awaiting an update. Pfffft.

Thank you for spelling "bated" correctly. I see it misspelled more often
than not.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>
> Just in case people were worried.
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob! :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:51:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
> >Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
> >
> >Just in case people were worried.
> >
> >Bob

> Yep, home. Trying to keep foot up, which limits my computer access
> right now. Not much appetite right now....
>
> Christine, heading back to bed.

Take it easy for a bit girl! Maybe have someone move a big easy chair
in front of your computer. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> PVC wrote:
>
>> Well whoopie ding, yeah we were all sitting around with bated breath,
>> awaiting an update. Pfffft.

> Thank you for spelling "bated" correctly. I see it misspelled more often
> than not.
>
> Bob

I strongly suspect that the OP actually has baited breath.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default TwilLIAR From Christineville

"Bob TwilLIAR" wrote
> PVC wrote:
>
>> Well whoopie ding, yeah we were all sitting around with bated breath,
>> awaiting an update. Pfffft.

> Thank you for spelling "bated" correctly.

You would show up for a chum slick, Slick... where's that slick schmoo
anyway. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-09-04, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:51:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:
>
>>Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>>
>>Just in case people were worried.
>>
>>Bob

> Yep, home. Trying to keep foot up, which limits my computer access
> right now. Not much appetite right now....

I didn't even know you had a facebook page.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:46:46 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:51:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
>>Christine wrote on her Facebook page: "I am home and okay"
>>
>>Just in case people were worried.
>>
>>Bob

> Yep, home. Trying to keep foot up, which limits my computer access
> right now. Not much appetite right now....
>
> Christine, heading back to bed.

sleep tight, honey.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:05:10 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>

>> sleep tight, honey.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> I found a spot where I get a great wireless signal for my
> netbook...and I can keep my foot up at the same time. So beware, you
> fine folks, you will see a lot of me now!!
>
> Maybe y'all can start tempting me with something to eat, that involves
> almost no work..that is light, and which can either be carried in one
> hand to my sitting spot, or can be put in the basket of a walker to
> get to that spot. I do have some TV dinners...but right now I am not
> that hungry for them... I should have gotten some soup when I was
> shopping, or made some: that is sounding good to me right now.
>
> Christine

Christine, glad you got through the hospital thing in good shape. I also
relate to not wanting to eat much. I'm also happy you can access on-line
when temporarily off-line (smiling).

I also sometimes want comfort foods when in a situation like yours. My
go-to is some campbells bean & bacon soup with some added chopped onion,
sauted in a spoon or two of bacon grease. If in need of "spicy", I will
add a spoon or two of rice wine vinegar.

Hope you recover quickly.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:27:44 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >Take it easy for a bit girl! Maybe have someone move a big easy chair
> >in front of your computer. :-)

> Well..if I can get my netbook to pick up a really good signal...and if
> I can do that from one of the several easy chairs around the house, I
> will be here more often. Tonight has been a bit rougher. I think I
> am catching up on all my lost sleep of the past few months! I find
> that one of the keys to less discomfort with this, IS to keep the foot
> up.
>
> I am on crutches..and right now, I expect I will expect Arri to come
> over and cook...maybe in a day or so. I saw the post Arri made
> earlier about Labor Day... and maybe grilling and that sounds okay to
> me. Maybe Arri can sit me down at the kitchen table (with my foot
> up) and I can play sous chef by chopping anything that is needing
> chopped. I think my appetite is a bit better this moment (thinking of
> ice cream!!) and now I am wondering what I have that will go on the
> grill... Might contribute money towards something for the grill...
>
> How's that for related food content?
>
> Christine

LOL call me when you are ready. Dinner is better than lunch for us...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

> Maybe y'all can start tempting me with something to eat, that involves
> almost no work..that is light, and which can either be carried in one
> hand to my sitting spot, or can be put in the basket of a walker to
> get to that spot.

Celery with peanut butter!

So-called "walking" salad, for which many variations exist. They're simply
apples cut in half, cores removed, and then filled with something like:
--raisins, walnuts, celery, and mayo (kind of a Waldorf combination)
--cheddar, mayo, and peanuts
--cottage cheese and honey

Hot dogs, provided you don't load them down with too many condiments

Jícama sticks with powdered chile and lime juice

"Ploughman's Lunch": Cheddar cheese, bread, and pickles

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:27:44 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>

> >Take it easy for a bit girl! Maybe have someone move a big easy chair
> >in front of your computer. :-)

> Well..if I can get my netbook to pick up a really good signal...and if
> I can do that from one of the several easy chairs around the house, I
> will be here more often. Tonight has been a bit rougher. I think I
> am catching up on all my lost sleep of the past few months! I find
> that one of the keys to less discomfort with this, IS to keep the foot
> up.
>
> I am on crutches..and right now, I expect I will expect Arri to come
> over and cook...maybe in a day or so. I saw the post Arri made
> earlier about Labor Day... and maybe grilling and that sounds okay to
> me. Maybe Arri can sit me down at the kitchen table (with my foot
> up) and I can play sous chef by chopping anything that is needing
> chopped. I think my appetite is a bit better this moment (thinking of
> ice cream!!) and now I am wondering what I have that will go on the
> grill... Might contribute money towards something for the grill...
>
> How's that for related food content?
>
> Christine

All on topic for sure. <G>

Howsabout a nice big juicy grilled rib eye steak and a baked potato?
Maybe a salad on the side...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:30:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>

> >I didn't even know you had a facebook page.
> >
> >nb

> Not a page, per se, but I am on FaceBook, as are a lot of rfc'ers.
> Even old rfc'ers are on FB.... it was easier to go to FB and tell
> everyone I was home, than to do it for every single list, group I
> belong to: I asked the rfc'ers to spread the word here. I went to
> bed..LOL.
>
> Here's to hoping I have more appetite today. I finally ate some ice
> cream late last night...
>
> Christine

Glad you are feeling better hon'. Surgery of any kind is never any fun!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:05:10 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>

> >sleep tight, honey.
> >
> >your pal,
> >blake

> I found a spot where I get a great wireless signal for my
> netbook...and I can keep my foot up at the same time. So beware, you
> fine folks, you will see a lot of me now!!
>
> Maybe y'all can start tempting me with something to eat, that involves
> almost no work..that is light, and which can either be carried in one
> hand to my sitting spot, or can be put in the basket of a walker to
> get to that spot. I do have some TV dinners...but right now I am not
> that hungry for them... I should have gotten some soup when I was
> shopping, or made some: that is sounding good to me right now.
>
> Christine

I generally consider roasted chicken to be one of the easiest things in
the world to make. ;-) A few steamed or roasted veggies, ones you can
cook whole with no real prep, might work to go with it? Or just a
little warmed bread and butter with the chicken can work too.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-09-05, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

> Celery with peanut butter!

Donchya jes love em? Half of every bunch of celery I buy go down with
the p-butter.

> Jícama sticks with powdered chile and lime juice

Boy, howdy! Mexican stores sell little shakers of chile pwder and
lime flavored salt. Also great on toast, butter, and mashed avocado.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:05:10 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>

>> sleep tight, honey.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> I found a spot where I get a great wireless signal for my
> netbook...and I can keep my foot up at the same time. So beware, you
> fine folks, you will see a lot of me now!!
>
> Maybe y'all can start tempting me with something to eat, that involves
> almost no work..that is light, and which can either be carried in one
> hand to my sitting spot, or can be put in the basket of a walker to
> get to that spot. I do have some TV dinners...but right now I am not
> that hungry for them... I should have gotten some soup when I was
> shopping, or made some: that is sounding good to me right now.
>
> Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:27:44 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>

>> Take it easy for a bit girl! Maybe have someone move a big easy
>> chair in front of your computer. :-)

> Well..if I can get my netbook to pick up a really good signal...and if
> I can do that from one of the several easy chairs around the house, I
> will be here more often. Tonight has been a bit rougher. I think I
> am catching up on all my lost sleep of the past few months! I find
> that one of the keys to less discomfort with this, IS to keep the foot
> up.
>
> I am on crutches..and right now, I expect I will expect Arri to come
> over and cook...maybe in a day or so. I saw the post Arri made
> earlier about Labor Day... and maybe grilling and that sounds okay to
> me. Maybe Arri can sit me down at the kitchen table (with my foot
> up) and I can play sous chef by chopping anything that is needing
> chopped. I think my appetite is a bit better this moment (thinking of
> ice cream!!) and now I am wondering what I have that will go on the
> grill... Might contribute money towards something for the grill...
>
> How's that for related food content?

I have just seen you are home, Christine! Welcome back and hopefully you
will be running around very soon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Christine Dabney > wrote:

<snip>

> > How's that for related food content?
> >
> > Christine

> All on topic for sure. <G>
>
> Howsabout a nice big juicy grilled rib eye steak and a baked potato?
> Maybe a salad on the side...
> --

LOL happy to grill rib eye for Christine but will throw a pork chop on
there for me...we don't eat beef

Still waiting for Christine to call up our catering service LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Christine Dabney > wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > > How's that for related food content?
> > >
> > > Christine

> > All on topic for sure. <G>
> >
> > Howsabout a nice big juicy grilled rib eye steak and a baked potato?
> > Maybe a salad on the side...
> > --

> LOL happy to grill rib eye for Christine but will throw a pork chop on
> there for me...we don't eat beef
>
> Still waiting for Christine to call up our catering service LOL.

You are so very kind to offer imho. :-) Chris' is good people and
deserves a little spoiling in her time of need...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> > Omelet wrote:
> > >
> > > In article >,
> > > Christine Dabney > wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > All on topic for sure. <G>
> > >
> > > Howsabout a nice big juicy grilled rib eye steak and a baked potato?
> > > Maybe a salad on the side...
> > > --

> > LOL happy to grill rib eye for Christine but will throw a pork chop on
> > there for me...we don't eat beef
> >
> > Still waiting for Christine to call up our catering service LOL.

> You are so very kind to offer imho. :-) Chris' is good people and
> deserves a little spoiling in her time of need...

Dunno if my cooking could be considered spoiling anyone LOL
But it went well enough.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > In article >, Arri London >
> > wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > LOL happy to grill rib eye for Christine but will throw a pork chop on
> > > there for me...we don't eat beef
> > >
> > > Still waiting for Christine to call up our catering service LOL.

> > You are so very kind to offer imho. :-) Chris' is good people and
> > deserves a little spoiling in her time of need...
> >

> Dunno if my cooking could be considered spoiling anyone LOL
> But it went well enough.

Waiting to hear what you did...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> > Omelet wrote:

> > > You are so very kind to offer imho. :-) Chris' is good people and
> > > deserves a little spoiling in her time of need...
> > >

> > Dunno if my cooking could be considered spoiling anyone LOL
> > But it went well enough.

> Waiting to hear what you did...
> --

Posted in another thread...

Thanks Christine Becca General Cooking 0 27-11-2009 01:38 AM
Hey Christine! sf[_9_] General Cooking 13 18-04-2009 05:21 PM
Well done Christine! Sarah[_1_] General Cooking 2 16-01-2009 01:39 AM
Well done Christine! Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 15-01-2009 11:57 PM
Christine was so mean to me.. The Joneses[_1_] General Cooking 5 06-09-2007 06:04 PM