Old 18-08-2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bobby Flay

How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

Old 18-08-2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe wrote:
How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

Old 18-08-2007, 01:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"LarbGai" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe wrote:
How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

Amazing. I've always wanted to chat with one of the judges, and here you
are! I'm so pleased to meet you.

Old 18-08-2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"LarbGai" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe wrote:
How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

You have tasted both of their foods? You speak from knowledge?

Old 18-08-2007, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:58:51 -0700, LarbGai wrote:

How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

Flay lost his first Iron Chef to Morimoto, and won the second
battle. But he's still a loser no matter what he does.

If he's still appearing on Iron Chef, then I haven't seen it. Is
there even still an Iron Chef America? I haven't turned on
FoodTV in a couple years, but almost always had it on from
2000-2003.

-sw

Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

Old 18-08-2007, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:08:38 GMT, Steve Wertz
wrote:

If he's still appearing on Iron Chef, then I haven't seen it. Is
there even still an Iron Chef America? I haven't turned on
FoodTV in a couple years, but almost always had it on from
2000-2003.

-sw

Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
Ruhlman is a judge of this competition. And they have some good chefs
competing for this. I think this will be a great competition.

http://eater.com/archives/2007/07/food_nets_the_n.php

Christine
Old 18-08-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

LarbGai trolled:

How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":

Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)

In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario Batali
and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

Flay tied with:
the "Two Hot Tamales" (Battle Turkey)
Susur Lee (Battle Bacon)

So, troll, check your facts before trolling again.

Bob
*These were two especially memorable episodes.

Old 18-08-2007, 03:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:06:21 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:25:26 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:

Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
Ruhlman is a judge of this competition.

Ruhlman? I bet Bourdain will have a thing or two to say
about THAT!

-sw

Yes he did, if I remember correctly. Check out his blog....and the
comments.

http://blog.ruhlman.com/ruhlmancom/2....html#comments

Christine
Old 18-08-2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:24:39 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

Father/unclue/brother, maybe.

On his early shows he was flapping that hand around like he
didn't have any wrist muscles. And that lisp...

Glad to see he may have gotten that fixed, at least publicly.

-sw

Could be that his wife straightened out those tics?
Dee Dee

Old 18-08-2007, 03:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:25:26 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:

Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
Ruhlman is a judge of this competition.

Ruhlman? I bet Bourdain will have a thing or two to say
about THAT!

-sw

Ruhlman will probably consult with Bourdain.
Dee Dee

Old 18-08-2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote in message
LarbGai trolled:

How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":

Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)

In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

Batali
and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
all over the floor.

Paul

Old 18-08-2007, 04:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
Father/unclue/brother, maybe.

On his early shows he was flapping that hand around like he
didn't have any wrist muscles. And that lisp...

He's on his third wife. Present one is Stephanie March.

Old 18-08-2007, 05:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:03:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:24:39 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

And that lisp...

Forget about Bobby Flay, he's ok.... that British kid (whatever his
name is/was) has the absoute worst lisp. It drove me nuts! I still
can't believe FoodTV let him go in front of the camera without giving
him speech therapy. He's a good cook and did interesting things, but
I couldn't stand to hear him talk.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

Jamie Oliver. I couldn't stand watching and listening to him
talk. Apparently some chicks dig it. I think he's
greasy-looking.

-sw

yeah, he's not very good looking or sounding, but his passion for food
is infectious so he grew on me. And I admire his mission to improve
school food in the UK. Lord knows we need a little improvement on that
here in the US too...!
Old 18-08-2007, 05:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:39:42 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote in message

In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

Batali and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
all over the floor.

I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
great job.