Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Bobby Flay dinnerware

http://www.superchefblog.com/2007/12...kohls.html#rss

Yesterday when I was at Kohl's waiting for DH, I saw some Bobby Flay
dinnerware. It was very striking in southwest desert colors.

I searched on foodnetwork and his products, but found nothing about
the dinnerware with regard to whether it was stoneware or ceramic or
porcelain or what.

I probably won't be purchasing any of this pattern, but one never
knows about a piece or two here and there. There was a dish which I
assumed was an olive dish -- quite unusual. The dishes are from
Portugal. I also liked the balance of the coffee mugs. The salad
bowls which came with the place setting were nicely shaped also.

I didn't check the price, but a lady who was smitten with them said
that it was between that and a coffee pot she had her eye on -- and
the price was $98 for a 4-place setting. Now, to show that I wasn't
paying attention -- was this for one 4-place setting or for 4 4-place
setting. Sorry.

Anyone know anything about this? Makes me long for the southwest. No
black-biting gnats!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Dee Dee wrote:
> http://www.superchefblog.com/2007/12...kohls.html#rss
>
> Yesterday when I was at Kohl's waiting for DH, I saw some Bobby Flay
> dinnerware. It was very striking in southwest desert colors.
>
> I searched on foodnetwork and his products, but found nothing about
> the dinnerware with regard to whether it was stoneware or ceramic or
> porcelain or what.
>
> I probably won't be purchasing any of this pattern, but one never
> knows about a piece or two here and there. There was a dish which I
> assumed was an olive dish -- quite unusual. The dishes are from
> Portugal. I also liked the balance of the coffee mugs. The salad
> bowls which came with the place setting were nicely shaped also.
>
> I didn't check the price, but a lady who was smitten with them said
> that it was between that and a coffee pot she had her eye on -- and
> the price was $98 for a 4-place setting. Now, to show that I wasn't
> paying attention -- was this for one 4-place setting or for 4 4-place
> setting. Sorry.
>
> Anyone know anything about this? Makes me long for the southwest. No
> black-biting gnats!
>
> Dee Dee

It appears that Kohls has an exclusive line of Bobby Flay kitchen stuff.
I saw the dishes there last week when they were having the big 50% off
sales. They are quite pretty. IIRC, an entire service for 4 consisting
of 16 pieces was somewhere around $100. Each piece was sale priced at $4
to $7.

Have you checked Kohl's web site?

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On May 5, 8:31*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Dee Dee wrote:
> >http://www.superchefblog.com/2007/12...ood-network-at...

> > Yesterday when I was at Kohl's waiting for DH, I saw some Bobby Flay
> > dinnerware. *It was very striking in southwest desert colors.

> > I searched on foodnetwork and his products, but found nothing about
> > the dinnerware with regard to whether it was stoneware or ceramic or
> > porcelain or what.

> > I probably won't be purchasing *any of this pattern, but one never
> > knows about a piece or two here and there. *There was a dish which I
> > assumed was an olive dish -- quite unusual. *The dishes are from
> > Portugal. *I also liked the balance of the coffee mugs. *The salad
> > bowls which came with the place setting were nicely shaped also.

> > I didn't check the price, but a lady who was smitten with them said
> > that it was between that and a coffee pot she had her eye on -- and
> > the price was $98 for a 4-place setting. *Now, to show that I wasn't
> > paying attention -- was this for one 4-place setting or for 4 4-place
> > setting. *Sorry.

> > Anyone know anything about this? *Makes me long for the southwest. *No
> > black-biting gnats!

> > Dee Dee

> It appears that Kohls has an exclusive line of Bobby Flay kitchen stuff.
> I saw the dishes there last week when they were having the big 50% off
> sales. They are quite pretty. IIRC, an entire service for 4 consisting
> of 16 pieces was somewhere around $100. Each piece was sale priced at $4
> to $7.
>
> Have you checked Kohl's web site?
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Janet. Yes, I checked Kohl's website at your sugestion just
now. They don't list them. But they do have a free shipping for
orders over $75 which is nice.

I'll have to take a look at them this next weekend and try to figure
out how high they were fired (if there is any left.) They sort of
remind me of the old Dansk stone ware that was so lovely in the 70's.
But, thinking about it now, I did buy an expensive Dansk tea pot and
using it, I caused it to chip. I love the feel of it, but it really
is too heavy for me to use. I see now at Costco, they have Dansk,
but it is made in Thailand or Indonesia or somewhere else.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On May 5, 9:00*pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On May 5, 8:31*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>

> > Dee Dee wrote:
> > >http://www.superchefblog.com/2007/12...ood-network-at....

> > > Yesterday when I was at Kohl's waiting for DH, I saw some Bobby Flay
> > > dinnerware. *It was very striking in southwest desert colors.

> > > I searched on foodnetwork and his products, but found nothing about
> > > the dinnerware with regard to whether it was stoneware or ceramic or
> > > porcelain or what.

> > > I probably won't be purchasing *any of this pattern, but one never
> > > knows about a piece or two here and there. *There was a dish which I
> > > assumed was an olive dish -- quite unusual. *The dishes are from
> > > Portugal. *I also liked the balance of the coffee mugs. *The salad
> > > bowls which came with the place setting were nicely shaped also.

> > > I didn't check the price, but a lady who was smitten with them said
> > > that it was between that and a coffee pot she had her eye on -- and
> > > the price was $98 for a 4-place setting. *Now, to show that I wasn't
> > > paying attention -- was this for one 4-place setting or for 4 4-place
> > > setting. *Sorry.

> > > Anyone know anything about this? *Makes me long for the southwest. *No
> > > black-biting gnats!

> > > Dee Dee

> > It appears that Kohls has an exclusive line of Bobby Flay kitchen stuff.
> > I saw the dishes there last week when they were having the big 50% off
> > sales. They are quite pretty. IIRC, an entire service for 4 consisting
> > of 16 pieces was somewhere around $100. Each piece was sale priced at $4
> > to $7.

> > Have you checked Kohl's web site?

> > --
> > Janet Wilder
> > Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> > Good Friends. Good Life- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks, Janet. Yes, I checked Kohl's website at your sugestion just
> now. *They don't list them. *But they do have a free shipping for
> orders over $75 which is nice.
>
> *I'll have to take a look at them this next weekend and try to figure
> out how high they were fired (if there is any left.) *They sort of
> remind me of the old Dansk stone ware that was so lovely in the 70's.
> But, thinking about it now, I did buy an expensive Dansk tea pot and
> using it, I caused it to chip. *I love the feel of it, but it really
> is too heavy for me to use. *I see now at Costco, *they have Dansk,
> but it is made in Thailand or Indonesia or somewhere else.
>
> Dee Dee- Hide quoted text -

I'd almost convinced myself that I was going to buy a set of this at
$100. However, when I got there, I found that the price had moved
back to $140 -- and this was Mother's Day! But the good news was that
you could get one of the 16 pc. sets for free - making 32 pieces for
$140.

But I didn't want 32 pieces, but they had a piece-by-piece also 2 for
1. Even at that, for $135, I would only get a 3 place setting, 4. I
couldn't win. DH didn't like them at first, but the more we pulled
pieces out one by one, they grew on him and he then said, why don't we
get the two boxes for $140 -- AARRGH! I said I'm going to have to
think about this and we went to Panera (new one in Winchester, VA) and
had a cup of coffee.

We still weren't ready to make the decision and headed for Costco.
Emeril won out. He had a 20 pc. set of white Waterford-Wedgewood USA
(made in Indonesia) porcelain for $59.99. I had bought some white
dishes - made in Italy at Costco (could have been earthenware) which
included large soup plates, but Emeril's are beautifully shaped in
comparison and the dishes are much larger and also a salad bowl with
each place setting and the big mugs are perfect for latte.

Case closed. Happy camper!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Dee Dee wrote:

> I'd almost convinced myself that I was going to buy a set of this at
> $100. However, when I got there, I found that the price had moved
> back to $140 -- and this was Mother's Day! But the good news was that
> you could get one of the 16 pc. sets for free - making 32 pieces for
> $140.
>
> But I didn't want 32 pieces, but they had a piece-by-piece also 2 for
> 1. Even at that, for $135, I would only get a 3 place setting, 4. I
> couldn't win. DH didn't like them at first, but the more we pulled
> pieces out one by one, they grew on him and he then said, why don't we
> get the two boxes for $140 -- AARRGH! I said I'm going to have to
> think about this and we went to Panera (new one in Winchester, VA) and
> had a cup of coffee.
>
> We still weren't ready to make the decision and headed for Costco.
> Emeril won out. He had a 20 pc. set of white Waterford-Wedgewood USA
> (made in Indonesia) porcelain for $59.99. I had bought some white
> dishes - made in Italy at Costco (could have been earthenware) which
> included large soup plates, but Emeril's are beautifully shaped in
> comparison and the dishes are much larger and also a salad bowl with
> each place setting and the big mugs are perfect for latte.
>
> Case closed. Happy camper!
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

You probably got a better deal at Costco.

I was recently faced with replacing the everyday stoneware dishes. I'd
bought two sets of service for 4 in Target 3 years ago and the edges
were chipping badly. I went looking for replacements and wound up buying
two sets of 16 pieces in Big Lots. The stoneware is all white. The mugs
are huge and heavy. The plates are thick and hold heat well. All are
micro, dishwasher and oven safe. Each set was $15 so I got service for 8
for $30 and I'm happier with them than I've been with more expensive and
fancier ware.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Bobby Flay Dinnerware Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 0 27-12-2008 11:07 PM
Bobby Flay LarbGai General Cooking 89 23-08-2007 04:31 PM
Bobby Flay Does Brisket Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 4 20-02-2006 04:33 PM
Emeril and Bobby Flay Special Ed General Cooking 1 14-06-2004 07:47 PM
Bobby Flay does 2nd Ave Deli Goomba38 General Cooking 5 31-12-2003 06:53 PM