Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Songs of their Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqiY1LAnRg

You can see the lead singer punch a guy who was getting too
close, but the fist/head contact occurs either too late or too far
left in spacetime, relative to the camera. Just barely.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=

All that stoopid screaming ruined it for me. :-(
If I ever go to a rock concert, I'm taking several cans of pepper spray.

I'll give those ignorant bimbos something to scream about!

This is more my style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE

The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 12, 6:50 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=

> All that stoopid screaming ruined it for me. :-(
> If I ever go to a rock concert, I'm taking several cans of pepper spray.
>
> I'll give those ignorant bimbos something to scream about!

The lead singer is a friend. 4 years previous, when he was 15-17, he
was my bass player. Soon after the video you saw, he got into a
motorcycle accident, and has been quadriplegic ever since. I attended
a fundraiser for him on Friday night. His lift equipped van got
stolen, and they were raising money to help him buy a new one.

> This is more my style:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
>
> The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)
> --
> Peace, Om

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=

> All that stoopid screaming ruined it for me. :-(
> If I ever go to a rock concert, I'm taking several cans of pepper spray.
>
> I'll give those ignorant bimbos something to scream about!
>
> This is more my style:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
>
> The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)

Very good!

Aside from just being drop-dead gorgeous, she's got beautiful eyes!!!

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=

> All that stoopid screaming ruined it for me. :-(
> If I ever go to a rock concert, I'm taking several cans of pepper spray.
>
> I'll give those ignorant bimbos something to scream about!

Not so bad in this clip. I went to a Beatles concert back in 1965. As soon
as they came on stage the screaming started and I never heard a single
note. They may not even have been playing for all I knew.

What didn't realize until many years later was that the opening band was
so good. I was reintroduced to King Curtis years later, mainly through the
music at the beginning a the movie "Withnail and I", It seems that back in
1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
realize it until almost 40 years later.

> This is more my style:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
>
> The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> This is more my style:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE

DO you lust after Sara Brightman too ? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> What didn't realize until many years later was that the opening band was
> so good. I was reintroduced to King Curtis years later, mainly through the
> music at the beginning a the movie "Withnail and I", It seems that back in
> 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> realize it until almost 40 years later.

That is almost a crime! Sorry!!!

An equal shame was Jimi had to move to England to become a superstar!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
The Truthful Assh0le > wrote:

> The lead singer is a friend. 4 years previous, when he was 15-17, he
> was my bass player. Soon after the video you saw, he got into a
> motorcycle accident, and has been quadriplegic ever since. I attended
> a fundraiser for him on Friday night. His lift equipped van got
> stolen, and they were raising money to help him buy a new one.

Stealing a handicap van takes real class. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> > This is more my style:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
> >
> > The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)

> Very good!
>
> Aside from just being drop-dead gorgeous, she's got beautiful eyes!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

She's even prettier in other videos that she has done since.
Sarah Brightman is my favorite female vocalist.

Try this one. Brings me to tears every time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRC17...elated&search=
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> realize it until almost 40 years later.

I understand.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:

> > This is more my style:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
> >

> DO you lust after Sara Brightman too ? :-)

Only her voice. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 12, 7:21 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>
> > What didn't realize until many years later was that the opening band was
> > so good. I was reintroduced to King Curtis years later, mainly through the
> > music at the beginning a the movie "Withnail and I", It seems that back in
> > 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> > Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> > realize it until almost 40 years later.

> That is almost a crime! Sorry!!!
>
> An equal shame was Jimi had to move to England to become a superstar!

But if he hadn't, no Mitch Mitchell or Noel Redding.

> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> > This is more my style:
>> >
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI9gAyNPyE
>> >
>> > The screaming is at least in harmony. ;-)

>> Very good!
>>
>> Aside from just being drop-dead gorgeous, she's got beautiful eyes!!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andy

> She's even prettier in other videos that she has done since.
> Sarah Brightman is my favorite female vocalist.
>
> Try this one. Brings me to tears every time:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRC17...elated&search=

Om,

To be honest, until today, I'd never heard of her!

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-08-12, Andy <q> wrote:

> Om,
>
> To be honest, until today, I'd never heard of her!

She's more internationally known than a product of the slimey
US music machine. Think of a World Class Streisand. She can often be
seen during those painful PBS pledges.

OK, here's my one and only contribution to your music merry go round.
Remembered by few, known by fewer, this one hit wonder has been called
by some the greatest song ever recorded. That may be a bit much, but
it's definitely in my all time top ten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-k7jT8Ywgw

enjoy =D
nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> It seems that back in
> 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> realize it until almost 40 years later.

As talented and capable as he was on the guitar, I never like the music he
played. His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, IMO, was terrible yet
others think it was just marvelous. .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Omelet said...

> >> Very good!
> >>
> >> Aside from just being drop-dead gorgeous, she's got beautiful eyes!!!
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Andy

> > She's even prettier in other videos that she has done since.
> > Sarah Brightman is my favorite female vocalist.
> >
> > Try this one. Brings me to tears every time:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRC17...elated&search=

> Om,
>
> To be honest, until today, I'd never heard of her!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Welcome. :-)
My sister introduced me to her albums a few years ago.
I've been hooked ever since.

She does a lot of nice pop songs too.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2007-08-12, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> > Om,
> >
> > To be honest, until today, I'd never heard of her!

> She's more internationally known than a product of the slimey
> US music machine. Think of a World Class Streisand. She can often be
> seen during those painful PBS pledges.
>
> OK, here's my one and only contribution to your music merry go round.
> Remembered by few, known by fewer, this one hit wonder has been called
> by some the greatest song ever recorded. That may be a bit much, but
> it's definitely in my all time top ten:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-k7jT8Ywgw
>
> enjoy =D
> nb

Very pleasant for that Genre... Thanks! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 12, 9:36 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> > It seems that back in
> > 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> > Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> > realize it until almost 40 years later.

> As talented and capable as he was on the guitar, I never like the music he
> played. His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, IMO, was terrible yet
> others think it was just marvelous. .

Axis: Bold As Love was a brilliant album.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:51:12 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article . com>,
> The Truthful Assh0le > wrote:
>
>> The lead singer is a friend. 4 years previous, when he was 15-17, he
>> was my bass player. Soon after the video you saw, he got into a
>> motorcycle accident, and has been quadriplegic ever since. I attended
>> a fundraiser for him on Friday night. His lift equipped van got
>> stolen, and they were raising money to help him buy a new one.

>Stealing a handicap van takes real class. :-(

Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
there until he was discovered by the police.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> >Stealing a handicap van takes real class. :-(

> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
> there until he was discovered by the police.

Geez.

I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64h...elated&search=

Andy, are you living in a time-warp. ;-))

I used to go to a place in San Diego to see the Beach Boys, I guess before
they were famous. I thought they were terrible, still do.
Bring it on!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-08-12, Dee Dee > wrote:

> Bring it on!
> Dee Dee

Take that, you commie rat!!!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:54:03 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> >Stealing a handicap van takes real class. :-(

>> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
>> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
>> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
>> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
>> there until he was discovered by the police.

>Geez.
>
>I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
>it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.

Don't call 911 on your cell phone unless you're on the highway....
you'll get the state police and they have to route it to the correct
police station. I dial 411 and let them connect me to the local
police.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> >Stealing a handicap van takes real class. :-(

>> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
>> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
>> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
>> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
>> there until he was discovered by the police.

> Geez.
>
> I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
> it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.
> --
> Peace, Om

What made you think of that, Om? What was/is your intention when you
decided to do that?
I have an unused cellphone - we keep it charged even though we don't use it.

What if someone stole your purse and it was in it? Where do you keep the
regular one; in a different spot than your purse? On a belt?
Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2007-08-12, Dee Dee > wrote:
>
>> Bring it on!
>> Dee Dee

> Take that, you commie rat!!!
>
> nb

LOL --
DD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:54:03 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
> >> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
> >> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
> >> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
> >> there until he was discovered by the police.

> >Geez.
> >
> >I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
> >it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.

> Don't call 911 on your cell phone unless you're on the highway....
> you'll get the state police and they have to route it to the correct
> police station. I dial 411 and let them connect me to the local
> police.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee said...

> Andy, are you living in a time-warp. ;-))

Practically!

My music collection stopped back in 1990.

I haven't listened to the radio in years either.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
> >> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
> >> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
> >> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
> >> there until he was discovered by the police.

> > Geez.
> >
> > I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
> > it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> What made you think of that, Om? What was/is your intention when you
> decided to do that?

Same reason I carry the Keltec when I carry my 9mm.
Sh** happens. ;-)

Batteries can wear down. If a cell is kept "off", battery charge lasts a
very long time. The one I use is kept on standby so is only good for
about 4 to 5 days.

I ran the battery down in 2 days over the weekend playing with the
ringtone download thing. Only blew about $3.00 worth of minutes tho' and
got 14 usable ringtones.

> I have an unused cellphone - we keep it charged even though we don't use it.
>
> What if someone stole your purse and it was in it? Where do you keep the
> regular one; in a different spot than your purse? On a belt?

Usually on my person.
Pocket or belt.

> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
emergencies.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
> concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
> anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
> time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
> continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
> emergencies.
> --
> Peace, Om

Thanks for the information. We're doing it. We just got new cell phones the
last couple of months, so the other are quite functional.
'Be Prepared'
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> >
> > It seems that back in
> > 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> > Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> > realize it until almost 40 years later.

> As talented and capable as he was on the guitar, I never like the music he
> played. His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, IMO, was terrible yet
> others think it was just marvelous. .

It helped to be pharmaceutically enhanced :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Dee Dee said...
>
>> Andy, are you living in a time-warp. ;-))

> Practically!
>
> My music collection stopped back in 1990.
>
> I haven't listened to the radio in years either.
>
> Andy

I hate FM and don't listen to it, but everynow and then I find a new
personality. There is a great station here that plays some oldies, that is
not like the run-of-the-mill oldies' stations, but it is AM.

My country and classical collection stopped some years ago, too.

Now and then, I find some old personalities with a new album - just last
month I found one to my liking. It's on my mp3 and playlist on the
computer. When things get hot, I stick an ear phone in.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> > "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > It seems that back in
> > > 1965 when King Curtis was touring with the Beatles his lead guitarist was
> > > Jimi Hendrix. It sad to think that I actually sw Hendrix live and didn't
> > > realize it until almost 40 years later.

> > As talented and capable as he was on the guitar, I never like the music he
> > played. His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, IMO, was terrible yet
> > others think it was just marvelous. .

> It helped to be pharmaceutically enhanced :-)

Better living thru Chemistry... <G>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
> > concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
> > anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
> > time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
> > continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
> > emergencies.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> Thanks for the information. We're doing it. We just got new cell phones the
> last couple of months, so the other are quite functional.
> 'Be Prepared'
> Dee Dee

I'd keep one of the old ones charged.
Just keep it "off". The battery charge lasts for months, or so I have
found so far. I check it's charge periodically.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:47:58 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
>concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
>anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
>time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
>continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
>emergencies.

so you're paying for two carriers and two phones?

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message

> Don't call 911 on your cell phone unless you're on the highway....
> you'll get the state police and they have to route it to the correct
> police station. I dial 411 and let them connect me to the local
> police.

That depends on where you are. Many places here in CT have no local police,
just the State Police and 911 is the fastest way to get them, and with the
new GPS phones they can tell where you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:47:58 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
>>The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
>>concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
>>anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
>>time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
>>continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
>>emergencies.

> so you're paying for two carriers and two phones?

You can have a dozen phones all for no cost and on the same carrier. You
just can't turn them on all the time. I've heard, but not verified, that any
phone is capable or connecting to 911, even if you don't have a carrier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:55:53 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:47:58 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
>>>concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
>>>anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
>>>time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
>>>continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
>>>emergencies.

>> so you're paying for two carriers and two phones?

>You can have a dozen phones all for no cost and on the same carrier. You
>just can't turn them on all the time. I've heard, but not verified, that any
>phone is capable or connecting to 911, even if you don't have a carrier.

I'm still unclear how you'd use an old phone when the number has been
ported to your new one.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> <sf> wrote in message
>> Don't call 911 on your cell phone unless you're on the highway....
>> you'll get the state police and they have to route it to the correct
>> police station. I dial 411 and let them connect me to the local
>> police.

> That depends on where you are. Many places here in CT have no local police,
> just the State Police and 911 is the fastest way to get them, and with the
> new GPS phones they can tell where you are.

Did they actually use the e911 tax money for its intended purpose there?

My state (PA) spent it on other stuff. So even thought your phone is set
up to send GPS information it is likely there is nothing on the other
end to use it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> <sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:47:58 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
>>> concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
>>> anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
>>> time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
>>> continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
>>> emergencies.

>> so you're paying for two carriers and two phones?

> You can have a dozen phones all for no cost and on the same carrier. You
> just can't turn them on all the time. I've heard, but not verified, that any
> phone is capable or connecting to 911, even if you don't have a carrier.

Every cellphone user pays a monthly fee for the "free" 911 that is
available for unactivated phones.

wine songs David Dalton Wine 14 29-07-2011 04:06 PM
wine songs Yves Winemaking 0 29-07-2011 04:06 PM
wine songs DaleW Wine 2 19-07-2011 06:30 AM
Free Mp3 Songs Majestics General Cooking 0 29-12-2007 07:51 AM
Songs of their Day Andy[_2_] General Cooking 6 11-08-2007 12:12 AM