Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Songs of their Day

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> Lowlife is everywhere. One of my kids friends had a dad who was
> >> paralized and also drove a specially equipped vehicle. It was
> >> broadsided one night and flipped. Someone reached into the van and
> >> stole his cellphone so he couldn't even call for help. He had to lie
> >> there until he was discovered by the police.

> > Geez.
> >
> > I actually carry a backup cellphone in my purse. It has no minutes, but
> > it is kept charged so I can use it to call 911.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> What made you think of that, Om? What was/is your intention when you
> decided to do that?

Same reason I carry the Keltec when I carry my 9mm.
Sh** happens. ;-)

Batteries can wear down. If a cell is kept "off", battery charge lasts a
very long time. The one I use is kept on standby so is only good for
about 4 to 5 days.

I ran the battery down in 2 days over the weekend playing with the
ringtone download thing. Only blew about $3.00 worth of minutes tho' and
got 14 usable ringtones.

> I have an unused cellphone - we keep it charged even though we don't use it.
>
> What if someone stole your purse and it was in it? Where do you keep the
> regular one; in a different spot than your purse? On a belt?

Usually on my person.
Pocket or belt.

> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

The unused cell is an older, used Motorola that was given to me by a
concerned mentor on tx.guns. He felt strongly (and rightly so) that
anyone that carries a gun should carry a cellphone. At that point in
time, I had not gotten a cellphone so when I finally got a new one, I've
continued to carry the other one fully charged and "off" just in case of
emergencies.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.