Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe search engine

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

Old 03-05-2007, 08:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good so I've
bookmarked it, thank you. IOne of the recipes I tried it out on was
Colonial Goose, which I thought was pretty much a DownUnder recipe,
but it brought up other sites.

For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's pretty much
stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old days it would have been
mutton, which isn't as readily available now. Mutton has more flavour,
but isn't as tender.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide.
Try to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will
find it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good so I've
bookmarked it, thank you. IOne of the recipes I tried it out on was
Colonial Goose, which I thought was pretty much a DownUnder recipe,
but it brought up other sites.

For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's pretty much
stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old days it would have been
mutton, which isn't as readily available now. Mutton has more flavour,
but isn't as tender.

I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure Hawaiian recipes.
Seems to be a decent search engine.

kili

Old 03-05-2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael
=================

Very good; thank you.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
you said most odd recipe...g
maxine

Old 03-05-2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri wrote:
On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
you said most odd recipe...g
maxine

Are you thinking of Mamaliga? Corn Mush?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:31 -0500:

k Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
?? On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike wrote:
?? Hi everyone,
??
[...]

k I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure
k Hawaiian recipes. Seems to be a decent search engine.

Sorry to be a killjoy but is it so much better than Google
itself? I got a lot of hits for colonial goose using both?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

I typed in "Kudlfleck". I was told if is spelled "Kuddelfleck" and it
means "Tripe" and there was a recipe. Pretty good, even if "Kudlfleck"
is the way it is spelled in Vienna.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 11:57:15 GMT, margaret suran
wrote:

maxine in ri wrote:
On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
you said most odd recipe...g
maxine

Are you thinking of Mamaliga? Corn Mush?

At least Google was able to come up with the correct spelling.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

k Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
?? On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike wrote:
?? Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find
?? recipes, it's using Google technology searching on 4,500
?? recipe sites worldwide. Try to search for the most odd
?? recipe and i am pretty sure you will find it Comments
?? welcomed.
??
?? http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
??
?? I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good
?? so I've bookmarked it, thank you. One of the recipes I
?? tried it out on was Colonial Goose, which I thought was
?? pretty much a DownUnder recipe, but it brought up other
?? sites.
??
?? For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's
?? pretty much stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old
?? days it would have been mutton, which isn't as readily
?? available now. Mutton has more flavour, but isn't as
?? tender.

k I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure
k Hawaiian recipes. Seems to be a decent search engine.

Sorry to be a killjoy but is it so much better than Google
itself? I got a lot of hits for colonial goose using both?

I gather it's restricted to recipe sites, so it will miss all that
porn stuff you got. ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 15-05-2007, 12:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om,
Mike wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

I did enjoy it, Michael, and have added it to my bookmark bar. I found
proper Pirohy -- so it's gotta be good!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog - Orange Honey
Old 15-05-2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

I did enjoy it, Michael, and have added it to my bookmark bar. I found
proper Pirohy -- so it's gotta be good!

You did?! Glory be! No more giant, flat, triangular uszki! Real
half-moon-shaped pirohy! (But do make sure you make 'em as tasty as
those unspeakable uszki, please!)

Bubba