Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Handy recipe search engine

Ran across this. Works pretty good.

http://www.recipepuppy.com/

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote on Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:28:32 GMT:

> http://www.recipepuppy.com/

Thanks, the ingredient search could be useful. Just for the heck of it,
I was overwhelmed by the multinational results for

fenugreek seeds, onion, chicken.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

That's pretty cool.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:28:32 GMT, notbob wrote:

> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

looks interesting. bookmarked.

thanks.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

Thanks, nb. I usually use this one:
http://recipesearch.googlepages.com/
I like the ingredients option on the one you posted.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 22, 10:28*am, notbob > wrote:
> Ran across this. *Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

Well, the cretins who made jokes about the creton were wrong as
usual. recipepuppy shows up a number of recipes for this" unhealthy
but delicious pork pate."

OTOH, I stumped it with mahlab/mahleb/Mahlepi, sour cherry pits that
are ground and used in Arabic cooking.

bookmarked, tho, since I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could
stump it with odd ingredients.
thanks
maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 22, 2:22*pm, maxine > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 10:28*am, notbob > wrote:
>
> > Ran across this. *Works pretty good.

> >http://www.recipepuppy.com/

> > nb

> Well, the cretins who made jokes about the creton were wrong as
> usual. *recipepuppy shows up a number of recipes for this" unhealthy
> but delicious pork pate."
>
> OTOH, I stumped it with mahlab/mahleb/Mahlepi, sour cherry pits that
> are ground and used in Arabic cooking.
>
> bookmarked, tho, since I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could
> stump it with odd ingredients.
> thanks
> maxine in ri

Hi guys, I am the creator of recipepuppy. We are adding new
ingredients and recipes all the time, so while a search for mahleb may
not work today, it might in a few week.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote on Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:22:15 -0700 (PDT):

> On Apr 22, 10:28 am, notbob > wrote:
>> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>>
>> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>>
>> nb

> Well, the cretins who made jokes about the creton were wrong
> as usual. recipepuppy shows up a number of recipes for this"
> unhealthy but delicious pork pate."

> OTOH, I stumped it with mahlab/mahleb/Mahlepi, sour cherry
> pits that are ground and used in Arabic cooking.

>bookmarked, tho, since I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could
>stump it with odd ingredients.

I'm sure you could beat it if you used non-English ingredients. As
simple a thing as "hing" that is very common in Indian cooking gives no
results. Not that I am a Hari Krishna and would require recipes using
hing :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

Here's another:

http://recipesearch.weebly.com/

Dora
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>
> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>
> nb

Thanks, notbob.

I tried it with fish fillets and it came up with some good recipes from
sites that I usually visit.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:28:32 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>>
>> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>>
>> nb

> looks interesting. bookmarked.

The site offered a button to add it to Firefox. I did and now it's up
there in the corner with Wikipedia and About.com, etc. Pretty cool.

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kbrower wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2:22 pm, maxine > wrote:
>> On Apr 22, 10:28 am, notbob > wrote:
>>
>>> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>>> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>>> nb

>> Well, the cretins who made jokes about the creton were wrong as
>> usual. recipepuppy shows up a number of recipes for this" unhealthy
>> but delicious pork pate."
>>
>> OTOH, I stumped it with mahlab/mahleb/Mahlepi, sour cherry pits that
>> are ground and used in Arabic cooking.
>>
>> bookmarked, tho, since I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could
>> stump it with odd ingredients.
>> thanks
>> maxine in ri

> Hi guys, I am the creator of recipepuppy. We are adding new
> ingredients and recipes all the time, so while a search for mahleb may
> not work today, it might in a few week.
>
> Kris

Thank you, Kris. It's lovely!

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:10:46 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:28:32 GMT, notbob wrote:
>>
>>> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>>>
>>> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>>>
>>> nb

>> looks interesting. bookmarked.

> The site offered a button to add it to Firefox. I did and now it's up
> there in the corner with Wikipedia and About.com, etc. Pretty cool.

hmm, didn't notice that. i'm not sure i'd use it often enough to add it,
but still good to know.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:55:52 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> Ran across this. Works pretty good.
>>
>> http://www.recipepuppy.com/
>>
>> nb

> Thanks, nb. I usually use this one:
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com/
> I like the ingredients option on the one you posted.

o.k., bookmarked that one as well.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:27:13 -0700 (PDT), kbrower wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2:22*pm, maxine > wrote:
>> On Apr 22, 10:28*am, notbob > wrote:
>>
>>> Ran across this. *Works pretty good.

>>>http://www.recipepuppy.com/

>>> nb

>> Well, the cretins who made jokes about the creton were wrong as
>> usual. *recipepuppy shows up a number of recipes for this" unhealthy
>> but delicious pork pate."
>>
>> OTOH, I stumped it with mahlab/mahleb/Mahlepi, sour cherry pits that
>> are ground and used in Arabic cooking.
>>
>> bookmarked, tho, since I'm sure I'm not the only one here who could
>> stump it with odd ingredients.
>> thanks
>> maxine in ri

> Hi guys, I am the creator of recipepuppy. We are adding new
> ingredients and recipes all the time, so while a search for mahleb may
> not work today, it might in a few week.
>
> Kris

well, kris, good job on your part. i like that it's not all gunked up with
graphics and whatnot.

your pal,
blake