Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe search engine

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
it Comments welcomed.

http://recipesearch.googlepages.com

Enjoy!

Michael

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
> it Comments welcomed.
>
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael

I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good so I've
bookmarked it, thank you. IOne of the recipes I tried it out on was
Colonial Goose, which I thought was pretty much a DownUnder recipe,
but it brought up other sites.

For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's pretty much
stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old days it would have been
mutton, which isn't as readily available now. Mutton has more flavour,
but isn't as tender.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
> On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
>> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide.
>> Try to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will
>> find it Comments welcomed.
>>
>> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Michael

> I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good so I've
> bookmarked it, thank you. IOne of the recipes I tried it out on was
> Colonial Goose, which I thought was pretty much a DownUnder recipe,
> but it brought up other sites.
>
> For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's pretty much
> stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old days it would have been
> mutton, which isn't as readily available now. Mutton has more flavour,
> but isn't as tender.

I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure Hawaiian recipes.
Seems to be a decent search engine.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
> it Comments welcomed.
>
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael
> =================

Very good; thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike > wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
> it Comments welcomed.
>
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael

Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
you said most odd recipe...<g>
maxine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri wrote:
> On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike > wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
>> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
>> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
>> it Comments welcomed.
>>
>> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Michael

> Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
> you said most odd recipe...<g>
> maxine

Are you thinking of Mamaliga? Corn Mush?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:31 -0500:

k> Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
??>> On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
??>>> Hi everyone,
??>>>
??>>> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find
??>>> recipes, it's using Google technology searching on 4,500
??>>> recipe sites worldwide. Try to search for the most odd
??>>> recipe and i am pretty sure you will find it Comments
??>>> welcomed.
??>>>
??>>> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
??>>>
??>>> Enjoy!
??>>>
??>>> Michael
??>>
??>> I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good
??>> so I've bookmarked it, thank you. IOne of the recipes I
??>> tried it out on was Colonial Goose, which I thought was
??>> pretty much a DownUnder recipe, but it brought up other
??>> sites.
??>>
??>> For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's
??>> pretty much stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old
??>> days it would have been mutton, which isn't as readily
??>> available now. Mutton has more flavour, but isn't as
??>> tender.

k> I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure
k> Hawaiian recipes. Seems to be a decent search engine.

Sorry to be a killjoy but is it so much better than Google
itself? I got a lot of hits for colonial goose using both?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
> it Comments welcomed.
>
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael

I typed in "Kudlfleck". I was told if is spelled "Kuddelfleck" and it
means "Tripe" and there was a recipe. Pretty good, even if "Kudlfleck"
is the way it is spelled in Vienna.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 11:57:15 GMT, margaret suran
> wrote:

>maxine in ri wrote:
>> On May 3, 2:06 am, Mike > wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
>>> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
>>> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
>>> it Comments welcomed.
>>>
>>> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Michael

>> Just tried a romanian dish, mamaligia, and it came up empty. Well,
>> you said most odd recipe...<g>
>> maxine
>>

>Are you thinking of Mamaliga? Corn Mush?

At least Google was able to come up with the correct spelling.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "James Silverton" <not.jim.siverton.at.comcast.not> wrote:
> kilikini wrote on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:31 -0500:
> k> Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
> ??>> On May 3, 6:06 pm, Mike > wrote:
> ??>>> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find
> ??>>> recipes, it's using Google technology searching on 4,500
> ??>>> recipe sites worldwide. Try to search for the most odd
> ??>>> recipe and i am pretty sure you will find it Comments
> ??>>> welcomed.
> ??>>>
> ??>>> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
> ??>>
> ??>> I tested it out, using unusual recipes. It seems very good
> ??>> so I've bookmarked it, thank you. One of the recipes I
> ??>> tried it out on was Colonial Goose, which I thought was
> ??>> pretty much a DownUnder recipe, but it brought up other
> ??>> sites.
> ??>>
> ??>> For those who don't know what Colonial Goose is, It's
> ??>> pretty much stuffed lamb/hogget/mutton, though in the old
> ??>> days it would have been mutton, which isn't as readily
> ??>> available now. Mutton has more flavour, but isn't as
> ??>> tender.
>
> k> I tried it too, Kathy, and it came up with some obscure
> k> Hawaiian recipes. Seems to be a decent search engine.
>
>Sorry to be a killjoy but is it so much better than Google
>itself? I got a lot of hits for colonial goose using both?

I gather it's restricted to recipe sites, so it will miss all that
porn stuff you got. ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
Mike > wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you a tool I built to find recipes, it's
> using Google technology searching on 4,500 recipe sites worldwide. Try
> to search for the most odd recipe and i am pretty sure you will find
> it Comments welcomed.
>
> http://recipesearch.googlepages.com
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Michael

I did enjoy it, Michael, and have added it to my bookmark bar. I found
proper Pirohy -- so it's gotta be good!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog - Orange Honey
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I did enjoy it, Michael, and have added it to my bookmark bar. I found
> proper Pirohy -- so it's gotta be good!

You did?! Glory be! No more giant, flat, triangular uszki! Real
half-moon-shaped pirohy! (But do make sure you make 'em as tasty as
those unspeakable uszki, please!)

Bubba