Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dominos new "Brooklyn style" pizza?!?

Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>
> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
> it's
> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>
> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>
> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>
> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

Rich Corinthian Leather.

Hasta,
Curt Nelson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 2, 2007, at 4:18?pm, Curt Nelson wrote:

> Rich Corinthian Leather.

When was the last time you saw a baron drive a LeBaron?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>
> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
> it's
> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>
> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>
> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>
> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>
> Andy

Hey Andy. Get with the program.

Domono's SUCKS.

Oh, wait, you're jumping on the bandwagon.

Never mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KevinS" > wrote:
> On May 2, 2007, at 4:18?pm, Curt Nelson wrote:
>
>> Rich Corinthian Leather.

> When was the last time you saw a baron drive a LeBaron?

I could have sworn he drove a Cordoba, or was that the little guy Tattoo:

http://timstvshowcase.com/fantisle6.jpg

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>
> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>
> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
areas.

> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.

> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

Yes, but that's their natural state...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>
>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
>> it's
>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>>
>> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>>
>> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>>
>> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>>
>> Andy

>Hey Andy. Get with the program.
>
>Domono's SUCKS.

<just wondering>
Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
and I want NAMES!

LOLOL

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 02:59:29 GMT, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>>
>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>
>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>>
>> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

>Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
>pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
>areas.
>

>> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

>No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
>Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.
>

>> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

>Yes, but that's their natural state...

Growing up in Brooklyn (Canarsie), I take offense to that remark :-)
At any rate, my feeling about pizza was already posted in another
thread and, yes, IMO, the best pizza in the world comes out of
Brooklyn. If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know
that in some areas of the country, Domino's is the best pizza in town
:-( At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
mile.

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>>
>>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
>>> it's
>>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>>>
>>> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>>>
>>> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>>>
>>> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>>>
>>> Andy

>>Hey Andy. Get with the program.
>>
>>Domono's SUCKS.
>>

> <just wondering>
> Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
> popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
> and I want NAMES!
>
> LOLOL

There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:55:17 +0200, David > wrote:

>At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
>mile.

And, where I live, our local Pizza Hut is better than Dominos, IMO.
Must be some people like them both.

--
Zilbandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>
> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>
> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>
> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>
> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>
> Andy

I was over my buddys house the first time I saw it. He is a Brooklyn
native and I have spent lots of time there. We agreed that we had never
heard of "Brooklyn style" pizza.

They do show a browned pizza which is an unusual concept for Dominos.
Maybe someone who works there had a pizza someplace in Brooklyn and it
was properly cooked and they decided its "Brooklyn style".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>>
>>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
>>> it's
>>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>>>
>>> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>>>
>>> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>>>
>>> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Hey Andy. Get with the program.
>>
>> Domono's SUCKS.
>>

> <just wondering>
> Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
> popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
> and I want NAMES!
>
> LOLOL

Two reasons:

A lot of people have never had a good pizza so they don't have a frame
of reference.

Wonderbread, sugary sauces and industrial food that always looks the
same every time are popular.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
> have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.
>
> Andy

As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always bustling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>

>> There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
>> have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.
>>
>> Andy

> As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
> one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
> see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
> leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always
> bustling.

Delivery rocks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>>
>>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
>>> it's
>>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.
>>>
>>> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?
>>>
>>> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?
>>>
>>> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!
>>>
>>> Andy

>>Hey Andy. Get with the program.
>>
>>Domono's SUCKS.
>>

> <just wondering>
> Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
> popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
> and I want NAMES!
>
> LOLOL

I like them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message
>> Andy wrote:
>>

>>> There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
>>> have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
>> one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
>> see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
>> leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always
>> bustling.

> Delivery rocks.

Sure, but the real pizza places know how to do that too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

David > wrote:
> "Pete C." wrote:
> >Andy wrote:

> >> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

> >> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
> >> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

> >> What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

> >Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
> >pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
> >areas.

> >> Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

> >No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
> >Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.

> >> The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

> >Yes, but that's their natural state...

> * Growing up in Brooklyn (Canarsie), I take offense to that remark :-)

He wouldn't dare say that in Brooklyn, not unless he wanted a quick
trip to a Noo Joisey landfill, inna trunk of a green Lincoln.

> At any rate, my feeling about pizza was already posted in another
> thread and, yes, IMO, the best pizza in the world comes out of
> Brooklyn. *

Actually there is no such thing as Brooklyn pizza per se, because the
_only_ pizza comes out of Brooklyn, the only real pizza is Brooklyn
pizza, it's a given.... but the best of the best comes from L & B:
http://www.spumonigardens.com/photos.asp

If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know
> that in some areas of the country, Domino's is the best pizza in town
> :-( *At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
> mile.

I tried Pizza Hut again just last week for the first time in 15 years
(a new one just opened nearby), their product is worse than I remember
it, much worse... anyway that is NOT pizza, no way, no how... a grease
laden cellulose sponge in its last throes of stove top wiping ready
for the trash is a much more accurate description... so much grease
ooozing out the bottom they gotta call that fried dough, no way was it
baked. Before going I printed out a coupon off their web site for two
large pies/$20... a ten mile trip so I figured I'd freeze one.
Calling those tiny frisbee sized disks Large in Brooklyn would get
yoose C-menta shooze. I managed to choke down most of one tiny slice
and tossed all the rest into my back yard for the critters... only the
crows (actually big black ******* greedy ravens) ate it... musta been
Brooklyn ravens because they know to properly fold a slice in half
before doing a grab n' snatch and flying off. I've tried Dominos too
(a very long time ago), more like an under toasted english muffin
slobbered with ketchup with little scabs of fake cheese.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:
> cybercat wrote:

>>> As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently
>>> pass one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because
>>> you never see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter
>>> kid is just leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places
>>> are always bustling.

>> Delivery rocks.
>>

> Sure, but the real pizza places know how to do that too.

I know it's not "real pizza", but I've always wondered how dominoes
managed to stay in business once Papa John's came into business. It's
so much better.

--
"All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>
> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
First Amendment health.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Emma Thackery" > wrote in message
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>
>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
>> it's
>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

> Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
> cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
> University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
> USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
> state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
> wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
> First Amendment health.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard about Domino's owner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote:
> "Emma Thackery" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>> Leave it to Dominos, I guess...
>>>
>>> I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
>>> selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

>> Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
>> cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
>> University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
>> USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
>> state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
>> wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
>> First Amendment health.

> Interesting. This is the first I've heard about Domino's owner.

I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998. I don't know that
there is any connection now. But the guy's evil deeds leave such a bad taste in
my mouth that I feel sick at the mere mention of Domino's.

Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing corporation has
tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits still flow to the very
anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their product without implicitly funding
the anti-*** activities of the family. I suppose knowing this is going to make
some go right out and buy a case of their beer now.

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:55:17 +0200, David > wrote:

>At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
>mile.

In the '80s, I liked Pizza hut (at the height of the thick crust
craze). I had my favorite thin crust pizza parlor across town, but I
wasn't fond of those that were as close to me as Pizza Hut.... so when
the time came for fast and cheap, Pizza Hut won. I don't know if I've
eaten a Domino's pizza or not. I only know they are at the top of
their game because they give people what they want at a price they
don't object to.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <_Hp_h.4714$st3.1425@trnddc06>,
"wff_ng_7" > wrote:

> I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998.

Oh! Thanks. I'm only 9 years behind.... lol.

> ...I don't know that there is any connection now. But the guy's evil
> deeds leave such a bad taste in my mouth that I feel sick at the mere
> mention of Domino's.

Yeah, that's kind of where I was coming from too.

> Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing
> corporation has tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits
> still flow to the very anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their
> product without implicitly funding the anti-*** activities of the
> family. I suppose knowing this is going to make some go right out and
> buy a case of their beer now.

I never liked Coor's anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wff_ng_7 wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote:

but it's

> >> Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
> >> cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
> >> University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
> >> USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
> >> state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
> >> wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
> >> First Amendment health.

> > Interesting. This is the first I've heard about Domino's owner.

> I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998. I don't

know that
> there is any connection now. But the guy's evil deeds leave such a bad

taste in
> my mouth that I feel sick at the mere mention of Domino's.
>
> Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing corporation

has
> tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits still flow to the

very
> anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their product without implicitly

funding
> the anti-*** activities of the family. I suppose knowing this is going to

make
> some go right out and buy a case of their beer now.

Interestingly, Coor's at various times over the past few years has
advertised in the *** press, attempted to get their product into *** bars (a
VERY lucrative market)...they have been rebuffed at most every turn. The
vomitous stench of their right - wing shenanigans still haunts them...

Speaking of that lucrative *** likker market, IIRC the big *** bar Sidetrack
here in Chicago is the #1 seller of Absolut wodka in all the of the United
States...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
> wff_ng_7 wrote:
> > "cybercat" wrote:

> > I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998. I don't

> know that
> > there is any connection now. But the guy's evil deeds leave such a bad

> taste in
> > my mouth that I feel sick at the mere mention of Domino's.

> > Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing corporation

> has
> > tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits still flow to the

> very
> > anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their product without implicitly

> funding
> > the anti-*** activities of the family. I suppose knowing this is going to

> make
> > some go right out and buy a case of their beer now.

> Interestingly, Coor's at various times over the past few years has
> advertised in the *** press, attempted to get their product into *** bars (a
> VERY lucrative market)...they have been rebuffed at most every turn. *The
> vomitous stench of their right - wing shenanigans still haunts them...

Coors is definitely the lezbian beer of choice. Couldn't be a more
dykey sounding name for beer... the name Coors to my ears has always
had a southern redneck nasal twang for Cooze. I never even heard of
Coors until in the early '60s when I moved to the west coast, but even
to this day I've never tasted any, was always too embarrassed to order
a Cooze in pubic.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
> wff_ng_7 wrote:
> > "cybercat" wrote:

> > I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998. I don't

> know that
> > there is any connection now. But the guy's evil deeds leave such a bad

> taste in
> > my mouth that I feel sick at the mere mention of Domino's.

> > Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing

corporation
> has
> > tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits still flow to the

> very
> > anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their product without implicitly

> funding
> > the anti-*** activities of the family. I suppose knowing this is going

> make
> > some go right out and buy a case of their beer now.

> Interestingly, Coor's at various times over the past few years has
> advertised in the *** press, attempted to get their product into *** bars

(a
> VERY lucrative market)...they have been rebuffed at most every turn. The
> vomitous stench of their right - wing shenanigans still haunts them...

>Coors is definitely the lezbian beer of choice. Couldn't be a more

dykey sounding name for beer... the name Coors to my ears has always
>had a southern redneck nasal twang for Cooze. I never even heard of
>Coors until in the early '60s when I moved to the west coast, but even

to this day I've never tasted any, was always too >embarrassed to order
a Cooze in pubic.

---------------
Greg Morrow replies:

Lol...PERFECT for cyber - SQUAT...

;-p

I always thought "Demon Pussy" would be a good name for a lez - been ale...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
> Interestingly, Coor's at various times over the past few years has
> advertised in the *** press, attempted to get their product into *** bars (a
> VERY lucrative market)...they have been rebuffed at most every turn. The
> vomitous stench of their right - wing shenanigans still haunts them...

I've noticed the Coors Brewing product advertising also, and they have gone as
far as co-sponsoring events. They also offer domestic partner benefits. There's
a pretty decent description of their activities in the following document:

http://www.coorsjobs.com/diversity/COORSDIVrev1203.pdf (document page 23, pdf
page 26)

But they can't break the link with their anti-*** past as long as the Coors
family is tied with them. Unfortunately, that's something they don't have much
control over.

I find it interesting that the anti-*** right wing fringe has taken it upon
themselves to boycott Disney and Ford, but I've never heard of them attempting
that with Coors Brewing. If you just went by the company's *** supportive
activities, they should be in the same class as both Disney and Ford. I guess
the right wing must somehow believe Coors Brewing is one of their own, and they
don't dare offend the Coors family.

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

L.L. Beans. Pro Life BUMS!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote:
> L.L. Beans. Pro Life BUMS!!!

This is the pizza thread. I think you meant to post in the beans thread! ;-)

Anyway, another reason not to like L.L. Bean? But I just "love" all their warm
and fuzzy advertising about how they are bringing you their traditions, direct
from Freeport, Maine. Funny thing is, when I look at the labels on their
clothing, it says from the Philippines and such, not Freeport, Maine!

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 4, 12:52?pm, "wff_ng_7" > wrote:
> "Andy" <q> wrote:
> > L.L. Beans. Pro Life BUMS!!!

> This is the pizza thread. I think you meant to post in the beans thread! ;-)
>
> Anyway, another reason not to like L.L. Bean? But I just "love" all their warm
> and fuzzy advertising about how they are bringing you their traditions, direct
> from Freeport, Maine. Funny thing is, when I look at the labels on their
> clothing, it says from the Philippines and such, not Freeport, Maine!

I began buying from LLBean more than fifty years ago. There was only
mail order then and all their products were made in the USA and were
excellent quality, and still USA made and excellent quality up until
about 20 years ago. That's when LL Bean began a rapid slide downhill
and they are continuing their slide into oblivion with most all their
garments. Only a very few clothing items are still USA made and
excellent quality, like their Bean boots. But the rest of their
clothing is hardly on par with Walmart fashions. But then again it's
the same way regardless the company, Eddie Bauer is no better. And
their sizing has definitely shrunk like about two sizes; not too long
ago I sent my brother a gift of six golf shirts from Bean. I even
checked with him if he still wore Med., said yes so that's what I
ordered. When it arrived it was much too small so he exchanged it for
large, still didn't fit so he exchanged the shirts for bath towels...
those are skimpily sized too but he didn't need to wear them.

Anyone notice how the size of computer chairs has gotten smaller, and
made of lousy materials, especially the base and wheels... office
furniture used to be generously proportioned, now unless you're
bulimic and splinter-assed you can barely squeeze into the seat. When
you read the specs they give the *outside* dimensions, but very few
give the actual seat size, which nowadays is like 19" X 19", maybe if
you're lucky 20". That is just too snug a space when folks are
sitting at a PC for many hours every day... and the seats aren't
padded very well, after about six months the foam cushioning goes flat
as a pancake and becomes hard as granite countertops... I actually
ordered a wheelchair cushion from Amazon.com for my chair... took me
all day searching to find one that was of good quality and not very
expensive (most from actual medical supply sites cost into the
hundreds of dollars for a quality cushion).

Been using this one more than six months now and is good as new,
excellent: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...891615-3667208

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 3, 7:21 am, Sheldon > wrote:
> If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know

Everyone who has posted on thread swears that Dominos cannot make
pizza remotely similar to pizza found in Brooklyn. However, nobody has
tried the Brooklyn-style pizza from Dominos.

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> I began buying from LLBean more than fifty years ago. There was only
> mail order then and all their products were made in the USA and were
> excellent quality, and still USA made and excellent quality up until
> about 20 years ago. That's when LL Bean began a rapid slide downhill
> and they are continuing their slide into oblivion with most all their
> garments.

Yup, I agree. For those us who used to like LLBean and Lands End, where
do we shop now? Where does one go for all-cotton, reasonably stylish,
yet still classic, ordinary clothes, made in the USA?

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 May 2007 18:18:34 GMT, "wff_ng_7" >
wrote:

>"cybercat" > wrote:

>>> Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
>>> cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
>>> University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
>>> USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
>>> state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
>>> wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
>>> First Amendment health.

>> Interesting. This is the first I've heard about Domino's owner.

>I believe Monaghan sold his interest in Domino's back in 1998. I don't know that
>there is any connection now. But the guy's evil deeds leave such a bad taste in
>my mouth that I feel sick at the mere mention of Domino's.
>
>Coors is an even more complex case. Even though Coors Brewing corporation has
>tried to overcome their anti-*** image, their profits still flow to the very
>anti-*** Coors family. You can't buy their product without implicitly funding
>the anti-*** activities of the family. I suppose knowing this is going to make
>some go right out and buy a case of their beer now.

why? their beer sucks in any case.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote:
> Yup, I agree. For those us who used to like LLBean and Lands End, where do we
> shop now? Where does one go for all-cotton, reasonably stylish, yet still
> classic, ordinary clothes, made in the USA?

One by one, every last American made product is vanishing. Years ago I used to
buy New Balance running shoes, because they were one of the last American made.
Levi Strauss moved everything out of the country. Even Red Wing shoes has
started, though maybe not with that brand name, but with other names they use.
The last bastion of American manufacturing is furniture and major appliances,
and even those categories are under attack. I thought refrigerators and washing
machines would be somewhat immune due to their large size and weight. Now that
Best Buy and others stores are cram packed with LG major appliances made in
South Korea, I can see the end is near! ;-)

To think my mother was upset when I took off the back cover of my Zenith
transistor radio in the mid 1960s. The transistors said "Japan" on them. If she
only knew what was coming!

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <lUL_h.44$vX4.26@trnddc05>, wff_ng_7 > wrote:

>One by one, every last American made product is vanishing. Years ago I used to
>buy New Balance running shoes, because they were one of the last American made.
>Levi Strauss moved everything out of the country. Even Red Wing shoes has
>started, though maybe not with that brand name, but with other names they use.
>The last bastion of American manufacturing is furniture and major appliances,
>and even those categories are under attack. I thought refrigerators and washing
>machines would be somewhat immune due to their large size and weight. Now that
>Best Buy and others stores are cram packed with LG major appliances made in
>South Korea, I can see the end is near! ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Apparel

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:
> On May 3, 7:21 am, Sheldon > wrote:
>> If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know

> Everyone who has posted on thread swears that Dominos cannot make
> pizza remotely similar to pizza found in Brooklyn. However, nobody has
> tried the Brooklyn-style pizza from Dominos.
>
> Karen

Don't need to, industrial places like Dominos with their conveyer belt
air oven systems and Dow #602 red coatings can't make a quality pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote

> One by one, every last American made product is vanishing. Years ago I
> used to buy New Balance running shoes, because they were one of the last
> American made. Levi Strauss moved everything out of the country. Even Red
> Wing shoes has started, though maybe not with that brand name, but with
> other names they use. The last bastion of American manufacturing is
> furniture and major appliances, and even those categories are under
> attack. I thought refrigerators and washing machines would be somewhat
> immune due to their large size and weight. Now that Best Buy and others
> stores are cram packed with LG major appliances made in South Korea, I can
> see the end is near! ;-)

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/di...-20070501.html

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks.
http://store.americanapparel.net/

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote:
> Thanks.
> http://store.americanapparel.net/

You should watch some of the slide shows on their main page:

http://www.americanapparel.net/

They should put a warning on the site, just like with some medications: "If you
have an erection lasting more than four hours..."

I stopped watching before I had to seek medical attention! ;-)

I can see what was meant on Wikipedia by the phrase: "sexually charged
advertisments".

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know

Karen, watch your attributions, I did not write that infantially
constructed prose with its imbecile's obligatory superfluous comma...
that was scrawled by Andy, David, or Pete C.... someone messed things
up before you got there. That's what happens when the newbies don't
trim their posts.... and I don't care if someone has posted a week, a
month, a year, or ten years.... if they don't trim their posts and
especially the attributions to the least common denominator then they
are a NEWBIE! I just now neatened the attributions above to how they
should appear... I don't want to see any dates, addies, not even one
extra appostophe, and no old sig line, not even a name.... otherwise
you're a filthy dirty slob and no normal human being should ever want
to eat anthing you touched.

> Everyone who has posted on thread swears that Dominos cannot make
> pizza remotely similar to pizza found in Brooklyn. However, nobody has
> tried the Brooklyn-style pizza from Dominos.
>
> Karen

Now, folks, isn't that much better... NEAT... I don't want to see
anymore of yoose posts what look disgusting as yer terlit what hasn't
been cleaned ever.... iffn yoose newbies can't clean up a friggin'
post I'm positive you've never washed your crotch.

And yoose who's always yapping about getting a *real* newsreader,
yoose all are the worst offenders, must be that not a one of your
fancy schmancy newsreaders is capable of trimming posts. But I know
you're all just filthy dirty slob hooray fer me and **** you newbie
shit crotch muhther****ers what never was terlit trained, no different
from the Mercedes Benz drivers who didn't spring for turn signals. LOL

YOOSE NEWBIE SHIT CROTCHES KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Sheldon