Old 08-11-2006, 01:37 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

Default Burger King sued for selling pot burgers to cops

would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises,
I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it
gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. -- Thomas
Jefferson

Old 08-11-2006, 02:35 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
MG MG is offline

"Head Shot" wrote in message
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's
a little excessive; no?

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises,
I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it
gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. -- Thomas
Jefferson

I would think they did that so they would have impartial and legal evidence
that they had in fact ingested some weed, not because they thought they'd
get sick or whatever

Old 08-11-2006, 02:58 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
2nz 2nz is offline

Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

You bet it is.
I know the area very well. Pot has been a prevalent part of the culture
there for a long time.
Those officers' great grandfathers probably smoked "mota" and their
great grandmothers probably kept "herba buena" for medicinal purposes.
A tribal judge from the pueblo is a longtime friend of mine, and let's
just say we did our share of partying in our sordid and seamy pasts.
My theory is that the officers recalled a local incident, about a year
ago, where a kid spit in a cop's hamburger. The cop got a handsome
settlement from the burger chain.
Going to the hospital was the first step in a process to nab some large
bucks.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:24 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

MG wrote:
"Head Shot" wrote in message
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit
to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for
medical evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK
employees to do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a
little weed? That's a little excessive; no?

I would think they did that so they would have impartial and legal
evidence that they had in fact ingested some weed, not because they
thought they'd get sick or whatever

I figure if Jack Bauer can become a herion addict to go deep under cover;
Barney Fife can eat a bud with his Whopper.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
2nz 2nz is offline

Head Shot wrote:
MG wrote:
"Head Shot" wrote in message
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit
to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for
medical evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK
employees to do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a
little weed? That's a little excessive; no?

I would think they did that so they would have impartial and legal
evidence that they had in fact ingested some weed, not because they
thought they'd get sick or whatever

I figure if Jack Bauer can become a herion addict to go deep under cover;
Barney Fife can eat a bud with his Whopper.

Burger King Employee: "May I take your order please?"
Barney: "Yes...I'll have one Whopper....with cheese.......and nip it
with some bud."

Old 08-11-2006, 03:48 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
mc mc is offline

2nz wrote:
Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

You bet it is.

Oh please, I would've done the same thing. A stranger taints your food
and you're a cop, I'd wanna know WTH else might be in there.

mc

Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

Especially if the pot wasn't cooked, in which case it would provide no
high.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:52 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
2nz 2nz is offline

mc wrote:
2nz wrote:
Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

You bet it is.

Oh please, I would've done the same thing. A stranger taints your food
and you're a cop, I'd wanna know WTH else might be in there.

Agreed. But is a lawsuit for aggravated battery justified?

Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:37:40 -0500, "Head Shot"
wrote:

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

I smoked some weed once, (only once) and as soon as I finished smoking
it, I immedfiately went to the nearest hospital. I was not there too
long though. They sent some nuns in my room to sell me a Jesus
burger. Being as stoned as I was, I tried to undress all the nuns. I
was just trying to help these nuns get rid of their habits, but I was
tossed out of the hospital for it. I never, ever tried pot again.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:49 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

"2nz" wrote in message
ups.com...

Head Shot wrote:
[...]

Whatever. Dumb kids did something stupid. They need to be punished. We
all know that weed sprinkled on burger does nothing. The act itself is one
of vanalism though.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:51 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

"2nz" wrote in message
ups.com...

mc wrote:
2nz wrote:
Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK
employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed?
That's a
little excessive; no?

You bet it is.

Oh please, I would've done the same thing. A stranger taints your food
and you're a cop, I'd wanna know WTH else might be in there.

Agreed. But is a lawsuit for aggravated battery justified?

At the very least it's justified. You can't have drive in restaurants where
jerk offs put whatever they want on a burger. Otherwise the next time it
may be acid etc.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Theoric The Squinter wrote:
"2nz" wrote in message
ups.com...

mc wrote:
2nz wrote:
Head Shot wrote:
[...]

(ridiculous cross-postings snipped)

Exactly. The idiots have no right to tamper with food under any
circumstances. Doesn't matter if they thought they were being cute or
whatever other reason they may have had. But I think the employees should
be the ones sued. Unless their manager was complicit in their actions, BK
itself really isn't at fault. (Of course, minimum wage BK employees don't
have any money to cough up.)

Jill

Old 08-11-2006, 07:18 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,alt.recovery.aa

Suit: Burger King sold pot burgers to cops
November 7, 2006

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- Two police officers sued Burger King
Corp., claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled
with marijuana.

The lawsuit says Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the
Isleta Pueblo tribal police, were in uniform and riding in a marked
patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through lane October 8
of a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, New Mexico.

The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

"It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Whopper,"' the officers'
attorney, Sam Bregman, said Monday.

"The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and
therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do
their jobs is outrageous."

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession
of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They
later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal
injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks
unspecified damages along with legal costs.

Officials at Miami-based Burger King declined to comment, citing a
company policy against discussing pending litigation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wrote:

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

I smoked some weed once, (only once) and as soon as I finished smoking
it, I immedfiately went to the nearest hospital. I was not there too
long though. They sent some nuns in my room to sell me a Jesus
burger. Being as stoned as I was, I tried to undress all the nuns. I
was just trying to help these nuns get rid of their habits, but I was
tossed out of the hospital for it. I never, ever tried pot again.

Those nuns should have thanked you for getting rid of their habits.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:31 AM posted to misc.consumers,alt.law-enforcement,rec.food.cooking,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

Head Shot wrote:
would you like pot with that? wrote:
The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering
marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to
confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical
evaluations.

OK; now granted that was not a cool thing for the idiotic BK employees to
do; but they went to a hospital because they ate a little weed? That's a
little excessive; no?

I think it may have also been to document this incident, in case they
failed a drug test at some time in the near future. If they were drug
tested and had not done this and showed up positive, how would they
have explained it?

KING BURGER brooklyn1 General Cooking 14 25-11-2009 01:21 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Burger King sued for selling pot burgers to cops [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-11-2006 02:07 PM
Burger King Tacos Name Mexican Cooking 13 10-02-2005 10:06 AM
Who's the ass in the Burger King ads? Doug Norris Barbecue 18 13-11-2003 09:41 PM