Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Panasonic YD 150 bread machine - HELP!

I posted this to the baking group, too.

Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
pressed the red start/stop button?

I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.

HELP!!
I await your counsel.
(And by now the warm water isn't warm!)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:13:58 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
>Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
>hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
>pressed the red start/stop button?
>
>I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
>the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
>HELP!!
>I await your counsel.
>(And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

You plugged it in, right? <G>

No, it shouldn't still be just sitting there. You should have bread
dough that's on its first rise by now. Something is wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Is the machine's timer set? Unplug for a few minutes and retry.

Some machines do have a warming/rest cycle, but if the water is cool, then
thats not the issue.

Good luck!

FP

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:13:58 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >I posted this to the baking group, too.
> >
> >Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> >hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> >pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> >I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> >the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> >HELP!!
> >I await your counsel.
> >(And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

> You plugged it in, right? <G>

Pfftthhggbbttt! Yeah, I plugged it in (mumblemumblesmartassmumblemumble)

> No, it shouldn't still be just sitting there. You should have bread
> dough that's on its first rise by now. Something is wrong.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <rMvXg.11360$P7.742@edtnps90>,
"FlourPower" > wrote:

> Is the machine's timer set? Unplug for a few minutes and retry.
>
> Some machines do have a warming/rest cycle, but if the water is cool, then
> thats not the issue.
>
> Good luck!
>
> FP
>

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> >I posted this to the baking group, too.
> >
> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> > HELP!!
> > I await your counsel.
> > (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

Crap! I've pushed stop and start and started over at least twice.
I'm now going to unplug it, do it all over again and leave it alone
until the timer goes off four hours later. Phooey and ptooey!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

I think the auto mode bake bread while you sleep (timer) mode is turned on.
So examine how to shut it off and turn on the I want bread right now mode.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
> > I posted this to the baking group, too.
> >
> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> > HELP!!
> > I await your counsel.
> > (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

> I think the auto mode bake bread while you sleep (timer) mode is turned on.
> So examine how to shut it off and turn on the I want bread right now mode.
> Sorry I can't be of more help.

I don't think that's it. Thanks. A poster to r.f.baking pointed me to
a site with Panasonic manuals -- not for the model I have, but what's
there indicates a starting rest period of 30-60 minutes. Looks like
I've probably hosed up things with my do-overs after 30 minutes of
'rest.' Phooey and ptooey!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

Look he
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...?storeId=15001

It looks as if there is a rest cycle to start on some breads.

I know it's not your exact model but the programming may be the same.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

Barb,
What are the other cycle options? (whole wheat, dough, etc.)

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!

Sounds like the commands were programmed in under the delayed start
mode... I think you really need to read the manual... perhaps you can
find the manual on line in a pdf file.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>>I posted this to the baking group, too.
>>
>> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
>> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
>> pressed the red start/stop button?
>>
>> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
>> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>>
>> HELP!!
>> I await your counsel.
>> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)
>> --
>> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
>> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
>> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
>> http://jamlady.eboard.com

> Look he

Correction:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SDYD250.pdf

There is a rest cycle at first based upon the temperature of the ingredients and
the "ambient temperature". See page 5 bake options.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Panasonic YD 150 bread machine - HELP! -- "Houston, we've got bread!"

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I posted this to the baking group, too.
>
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

Sonofagun!! I'll take the loaf from the machine in about 25 minutes!!!
FlourPowere here and a person on r.f.baking was spot on about a pre-heat
or 'rest' cycle. The timer will go off in about 25 minutes and it looks
edible. '-)

Thanks again.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > I posted this to the baking group, too.
> >
> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> > HELP!!
> > I await your counsel.
> > (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

> Sonofagun!! I'll take the loaf from the machine in about 25 minutes!!!
> FlourPowere here and a person on r.f.baking was spot on about a pre-heat
> or 'rest' cycle. The timer will go off in about 25 minutes and it looks
> edible. '-)
>
> Thanks again.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

So..... How was it???

And more importantly, which jam did you choose?

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"kuvasz guy" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> >
> > > I posted this to the baking group, too.
> > >
> > > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > > pressed the red start/stop button?
> > >
> > > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> > >
> > > HELP!!
> > > I await your counsel.
> > > (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

> > Sonofagun!! I'll take the loaf from the machine in about 25 minutes!!!
> > FlourPowere here and a person on r.f.baking was spot on about a pre-heat
> > or 'rest' cycle. The timer will go off in about 25 minutes and it looks
> > edible. '-)
> >
> > Thanks again.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> > http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> > http://jamlady.eboard.com

> So..... How was it???
>
> And more importantly, which jam did you choose?
>
> ..fred

I like my KA-kneaded bread better, Fred. It's 'tougher' than what I
usually make. The interior is quite moist -- kinda reminds me of Wonder
Bread sponginess. The sides are darker than the top. I've got my
third loaf in the machine right now. :-) I told DH I'd be making at
least one or two loaves a day until the kids get back on Sunday. I'm
going on a trip and will leave bread for him in the freezer. :-)

I think I'll try something other than plain white next, though that's a
good companion for the jam. Speaking of. . . . didn't you know that I
almost never eat jam? I've made 400 jars this year but eat almost none
of it. Usually only the tablespoon or so left from a batch or from
scraping the pan. And then not usually.
Did you look at the pics on my blog site?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 10/12/2006, "Houston,
we've got bread!"
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> > Look he

> Correction:
> http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SDYD250.pdf
>
> There is a rest cycle at first based upon the temperature of the ingredients
> and
> the "ambient temperature". See page 5 bake options.
>
> Dimitri

Thanks, Dollink. I found it, too. The stuff is interesting. Even Rob
could do it, I think. "-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I posted this to the baking group, too.
> >
> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> > HELP!!

> Sounds like the commands were programmed in under the delayed start
> mode... I think you really need to read the manual... perhaps you can
> find the manual on line in a pdf file.
>
> Sheldon

Nope, all's well. You can see the pics. :-) I simply didn't know that
there was an automatic 'temperature equalization' whoop-de-doo built in
that appears to be undoable. It sat quietly for 40 minutes before
dumping in the yeast and then doing it's thing.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yes, unless you are on the fast setting. I think it is to let the
temperature of the ingredients equalize.