Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shopping cart thief

I've had one of those little hand baskets taken from me when I had set
it down to look for something. All my small purchases were dumped out,
I looked for the jerk who took it but didn't see any guilty parties.

My two biggest gripes are the folks who leave their cart in the check
out line like that is the proper place. I always bring it to their
attention that's not where they got it, I'm not moving it, take it with
you please. I get some awfully dirty looks but repeat remove the cart.
My other pet peeve is the lazy assholes who leave their carts right
where they've unloaded them in the parking lot even though the cart
return area is just two aisles away.

GRRRRRRRRR

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> I've had one of those little hand baskets taken from me when I had set
> it down to look for something. All my small purchases were dumped out,
> I looked for the jerk who took it but didn't see any guilty parties.
>
> My two biggest gripes are the folks who leave their cart in the check
> out line like that is the proper place. I always bring it to their
> attention that's not where they got it, I'm not moving it, take it with
> you please. I get some awfully dirty looks but repeat remove the cart.
> My other pet peeve is the lazy assholes who leave their carts right
> where they've unloaded them in the parking lot even though the cart
> return area is just two aisles away.
>
> GRRRRRRRRR

My pet peeve is when I see someone take something they don't want out
of their cart and just stick it anywhere instead of returning it to
where they got it. I've never said anything directly to someone about
it but I have at times said, "Well gee, this (insert name of item lazy
person left) doesn't go here." making sure that the guilty person can
hear my comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 Sep 2006 13:54:45 -0700, " >
wrote:

>My pet peeve is when I see someone take something they don't want out
>of their cart and just stick it anywhere instead of returning it to
>where they got it. I've never said anything directly to someone about
>it but I have at times said, "Well gee, this (insert name of item lazy
>person left) doesn't go here." making sure that the guilty person can
>hear my comment.

I'm passive-aggressive, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> My pet peeve is when I see someone take something they don't want out
>> of their cart and just stick it anywhere instead of returning it to
>> where they got it. I've never said anything directly to someone
>> about it but I have at times said, "Well gee, this (insert name of
>> item lazy person left) doesn't go here." making sure that the guilty
>> person can hear my comment.

> If it is a perishable item, it has the same affect as stealing it from
> the store. It cannot be resold if it has been left sitting out, so it
> goes into the trash and is a loss, just like shoplifting.
>
> I work in a store, and when I see somebody do this, I do go up to them
> ask them to give to an employee next time so that we have a chance to
> save it instead of throw it away.
>
> People don't seem to realize that a banana in the freezer or milk
> sitting on the bakery table is garbage. You might as well steal it. At
> least it won't be wasted.
>
> We probobaly spend at least 2 hours a day just putting away items that
> have been misplaced all over the store. That's $14 a day which adds up
> to over $5000 per yer per store. And that doesn't include the value of
> the tossed items. In the deli, we get about $20-$30 per day that comes
> back and has to be thrown out. That's another $5000 to $10000 per
> year.

Hear hear! I've seen *steaks* sitting on top of canned goods. Hey, if you
decide you don't want the steak, put it back in the refrigerated meat
counter where you got it! Funny, your legs weren't broken five minutes ago.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote

> My two biggest gripes are the folks who leave their cart in the check
> out line like that is the proper place. I always bring it to their
> attention that's not where they got it, I'm not moving it, take it with
> you please.

You mean, people do that?! Someone did that to me once, they
walked off leaving their cart there in the checkout aisle. Hello, who
am I your servant? I'm supposed to move it? I was *steamed*.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

itsjoannotjoann wrote:

> My other pet peeve is the lazy assholes who leave their carts right
> where they've unloaded them in the parking lot even though the cart
> return area is just two aisles away.
>
> GRRRRRRRRR

I have done that a couple times when it is really hot outside, and I
have DS in the car and couldn't park close to the cart return (which I
always try to do). I always situate it so that it can't roll, but
there's no way I'm leaving him alone in a hot car even for a few
minutes. Sometimes I am able to unload him last - other times I have
to put him in first. It sort of depends on his demeanor and what I am
unloading. Somebody once gave me a dirty look for doing so. I gave
them the finger and a great big grin.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:

> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>
> > My other pet peeve is the lazy assholes who leave their carts right
> > where they've unloaded them in the parking lot even though the cart
> > return area is just two aisles away.
> >
> > GRRRRRRRRR

> I have done that a couple times when it is really hot outside, and I
> have DS in the car and couldn't park close to the cart return (which I
> always try to do). I always situate it so that it can't roll, but
> there's no way I'm leaving him alone in a hot car even for a few
> minutes. Sometimes I am able to unload him last - other times I have
> to put him in first. It sort of depends on his demeanor and what I am
> unloading. Somebody once gave me a dirty look for doing so. I gave
> them the finger and a great big grin.

They were probably thinking, "Look at that stoopid welfare moo with her lil'
niglet...".

--
Best
Greg