Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default seeking good blueberry muffin or loaf recipe

I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
recipe?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

pfoley wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
recipe?

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about 12.

--
Best regards,
Bob
Old 10-09-2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
pfoley wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or

loaf
recipe?

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about 12.

--
Best regards,
Bob

----
Thank you. I will try this recipe out; interesting that it has oatmeal in
it. I was thinking of tossing my frozen blueberries into the batter; is
there a reason that berries should be thawed first
--------

Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

pfoley wrote:

I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
recipe?

I've tried 'Jordan Marsh's' Blueberry Muffin recipe, which I found by
googlung, and they were delicious. Very simple to make too.

Jordan Marsh's Blueberry muffins.

1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup milk
sugar for topping

Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and mix well. Sift dry ingredients
and
add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
Pour into paper-lined muffin pan, dividing whole batter among 12 cups,
and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes,
sometimes
takes a bit longer if batter is relatively cold from using frozen
berries (don't need to defrost them). Cool in pan.

Sarah

Old 10-09-2006, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"pfoley" wrote in message
ink.net...

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
pfoley wrote:
[...]

I never thaw mine. If they aren't thawed, the can't turn the batter blue.
Janet

Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

pfoley wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
pfoley wrote:
[...]

That's what the recipe said when I got it from my mom. :-)

I just put the blueberries in a sieve and rinse them, then shake the
water off. Frozen berries would probably work; they might change the
baking time.

Bob
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sarah" wrote in message
ups.com...

pfoley wrote:

[...]

Oh wow, that is a real old one. I had that recipe years ago. My mother
used to bring those blueberry muffins home from Jordans quite a bit; they
were great.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "pfoley" said:

I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
recipe?

A neighbor once brought us some of these to thank DH for helping
her car out of the snow -- they're excellent!:

Blueberry Muffins

You will need foil muffin cups for this recipe. Bake on a cookie
sheet at 375 F for 20-25 minutes.

2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. melted butter (cooled)
2 eggs
1 1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. milk
2 - 2 1/2 C. blueberries

Mix first 3 listed dry ingredients in bowl. In separate bowl,
mix sugar and eggs, then add milk. Add to dry ingredients, mix
until all ingredients are combines, then add blueberries. Use
extra 2 T. of flour if using frozen blueberries. Fill muffin
cups to the top. Sprinkle tops with sugar before baking.

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Old 11-09-2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Litttle Malice" wrote in message
[...]

-
Thank you I will try your recipe also.