FoodBanter.com

-   -   seeking good blueberry muffin or loaf recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/100885-seeking-good-blueberry-muffin.html)

pfoley 10-09-2006 02:53 PM

seeking good blueberry muffin or loaf recipe

I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
recipe?

zxcvbob 10-09-2006 02:57 PM

pfoley wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
> recipe?

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about 12.

--
Best regards,
Bob

pfoley 10-09-2006 04:44 PM

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> pfoley wrote:
> > I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or

loaf
> > recipe?
> >

> Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
>
> 1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
> 1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
> 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
> 1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
> 1/2 tsp baking soda
> 1/4 tsp salt
>
> Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
> another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
> at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about 12.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Bob

----
Thank you. I will try this recipe out; interesting that it has oatmeal in
it. I was thinking of tossing my frozen blueberries into the batter; is
there a reason that berries should be thawed first
--------

Sarah[_1_] 10-09-2006 05:04 PM

pfoley wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
> recipe?

I've tried 'Jordan Marsh's' Blueberry Muffin recipe, which I found by
googlung, and they were delicious. Very simple to make too.

Jordan Marsh's Blueberry muffins.

1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup milk
sugar for topping

Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and mix well. Sift dry ingredients
and
add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
Pour into paper-lined muffin pan, dividing whole batter among 12 cups,
and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes,
sometimes
takes a bit longer if batter is relatively cold from using frozen
berries (don't need to defrost them). Cool in pan.

Sarah

Janet B. 10-09-2006 07:02 PM

seeking good blueberry muffin or loaf recipe

"pfoley" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>> pfoley wrote:
>> > I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or

> loaf
>> > recipe?
>> >

>> Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
>>
>> 1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
>> 1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
>> 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
>> 1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
>> 1/2 tsp baking soda
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>>
>> Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
>> another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
>> at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about
>> 12.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Bob

> ----
> Thank you. I will try this recipe out; interesting that it has oatmeal
> in
> it. I was thinking of tossing my frozen blueberries into the batter; is
> there a reason that berries should be thawed first
> --------

I never thaw mine. If they aren't thawed, the can't turn the batter blue.
Janet

zxcvbob 10-09-2006 09:40 PM

pfoley wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>> pfoley wrote:
>>> I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or

> loaf
>>> recipe?
>>>

>> Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
>>
>> 1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten
>> 1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
>> 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil
>> 1 tsp baking powder 1 C blueberries (thawed)
>> 1/2 tsp baking soda
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>>
>> Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water, oil in
>> another. Stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed. Add berries. Bake
>> at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Makes about 12.

> ----
> Thank you. I will try this recipe out; interesting that it has oatmeal in
> it. I was thinking of tossing my frozen blueberries into the batter; is
> there a reason that berries should be thawed first
> --------

That's what the recipe said when I got it from my mom. :-)

I just put the blueberries in a sieve and rinse them, then shake the
water off. Frozen berries would probably work; they might change the
baking time.

Bob

pfoley 10-09-2006 11:29 PM

seeking good blueberry muffin or loaf recipe

ups.com...

--
Oh wow, that is a real old one. I had that recipe years ago. My mother
used to bring those blueberry muffins home from Jordans quite a bit; they

Litttle Malice 11-09-2006 06:27 PM

One time on Usenet, "pfoley" > said:

> I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or loaf
> recipe?

A neighbor once brought us some of these to thank DH for helping
her car out of the snow -- they're excellent!:

Blueberry Muffins

You will need foil muffin cups for this recipe. Bake on a cookie
sheet at 375° F for 20-25 minutes.

2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. melted butter (cooled)
2 eggs
1 1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. milk
2 - 2 1/2 C. blueberries

Mix first 3 listed dry ingredients in bowl. In separate bowl,
mix sugar and eggs, then add milk. Add to dry ingredients, mix
until all ingredients are combines, then add blueberries. Use
extra 2 T. of flour if using frozen blueberries. Fill muffin
cups to the top. Sprinkle tops with sugar before baking.

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

pfoley 11-09-2006 09:49 PM

"Litttle Malice" > wrote in message
> One time on Usenet, "pfoley" > said:
>
> > I would like to know if anyone has a tried and true blueberry muffin or

loaf
> > recipe?

> A neighbor once brought us some of these to thank DH for helping
> her car out of the snow -- they're excellent!:
>
> Blueberry Muffins
>
> You will need foil muffin cups for this recipe. Bake on a cookie
> sheet at 375° F for 20-25 minutes.
>
> 2 C. flour
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 1/2 C. melted butter (cooled)
> 2 eggs
> 1 1/4 C. sugar
> 1/2 C. milk
> 2 - 2 1/2 C. blueberries
>
> Mix first 3 listed dry ingredients in bowl. In separate bowl,
> mix sugar and eggs, then add milk. Add to dry ingredients, mix
> until all ingredients are combines, then add blueberries. Use
> extra 2 T. of flour if using frozen blueberries. Fill muffin
> cups to the top. Sprinkle tops with sugar before baking.
>
> --
> "Little Malice" is Jani in WA
> ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

-