Member

Default foods name

I Just wanna know one thing can you please suggest me some name of anti-atherogenic , anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic natural foods? Tacoma Personal Trainer
waiting for your replies

Last edited by riche : 04-10-2014 at 08:49 AM
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 30-Sep-14 11:25, riche wrote:
> I Just wanna know one thing can you please suggest me some name of
> anti-atherogenic , anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic natural foods?
> waiting for your replies

Here are a few free reviews :

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3638592/>

Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:378657. doi:
10.1155/2013/378657. Epub 2013 Apr 4.
Herbal therapies for type 2 diabetes mellitus: chemistry, biology, and
potential application of selected plants and compounds.
Chang CL1, Lin Y, Bartolome AP, Chen YC, Chiu SC, Yang WC.
Author information
Abstract
Diabetes mellitus has been recognized since antiquity. It currently
affects as many as 285 million people worldwide and results in heavy
personal and national economic burdens. Considerable progress has been
made in orthodox antidiabetic drugs. However, new remedies are still in
great demand because of the limited efficacy and undesirable side
effects of current orthodox drugs. Nature is an extraordinary source of
antidiabetic medicines. To date, more than 1200 flowering plants have
been claimed to have antidiabetic properties. Among them, one-third have
been scientifically studied and documented in around 460 publications.
In this review, we select and discuss blood glucose-lowering medicinal
herbs that have the ability to modulate one or more of the pathways that
regulate insulin resistance, β-cell function, GLP-1 homeostasis, and
glucose (re)absorption. Emphasis is placed on phytochemistry,
anti-diabetic bioactivities, and likely mechanism(s). Recent progress in
the understanding of the biological actions, mechanisms, and therapeutic
potential of compounds and extracts of plant origin in type 2 diabetes
is summarized. This review provides a source of up-to-date information
for further basic and clinical research into herbal therapy for type 2
diabetes. Emerging views on therapeutic strategies for type 2 diabetes
are also discussed.
PMID: 23662132

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609288/>

Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 2012 Apr;2(4):320-30. doi:
10.1016/S2221-1691(12)60032-X.
An overview on antidiabetic medicinal plants having insulin mimetic
property.
Patel DK1, Prasad SK, Kumar R, Hemalatha S.
Author information
Abstract
Diabetes mellitus is one of the common metabolic disorders acquiring
around 2.8% of the world's population and is anticipated to cross 5.4%
by the year 2025. Since long back herbal medicines have been the highly
esteemed source of medicine therefore, they have become a growing part
of modern, high-tech medicine. In view of the above aspects the present
review provides profiles of plants (65 species) with hypoglycaemic
properties, available through literature source from various database
with proper categorization according to the parts used, mode of
reduction in blood glucose (insulinomimetic or insulin secretagogues
activity) and active phytoconstituents having insulin mimetics activity.
From the review it was suggested that, plant showing hypoglycemic
potential mainly belongs to the family Leguminoseae, Lamiaceae,
Liliaceae, Cucurbitaceae, Asteraceae, Moraceae, Rosaceae and Araliaceae.
The most active plants are Allium sativum, Gymnema sylvestre, Citrullus
colocynthis, Trigonella foenum greacum, Momordica charantia and Ficus
bengalensis. The review describes some new bioactive drugs and isolated
compounds from plants such as roseoside, epigallocatechin gallate,
beta-pyrazol-1-ylalanine, cinchonain Ib, leucocyandin
3-O-beta-d-galactosyl cellobioside, leucopelargonidin-3- O-alpha-L
rhamnoside, glycyrrhetinic acid, dehydrotrametenolic acid, strictinin,
isostrictinin, pedunculagin, epicatechin and christinin-A showing
significant insulinomimetic and antidiabetic activity with more efficacy
than conventional hypoglycaemic agents. Thus, from the review majorly,
the antidiabetic activity of medicinal plants is attributed to the
presence of polyphenols, flavonoids, terpenoids, coumarins and other
constituents which show reduction in blood glucose levels. The review
also discusses the management aspect of diabetes mellitus using these
plants and their active principles.
KEYWORDS:
Antidiabetic activity; Beta cell; Blood glucose; Diabetes; Diabetes
mellitus; Herbal medicine; Hypoglycaemic activity; Insulin; Insulin
mimetics; Insulin secretagogues; Medicinal plant; Metabolic disorder;
Pancrease; Phytoconstituents
PMID: 23569923

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3626401/>

Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 2012 Apr 1;4(1):50-60.
A review of the hypoglycemic effects of five commonly used herbal food
supplements.
Deng R.
Author information
Abstract
Hyperglycemia is a pathological condition associated with prediabetes
and diabetes. The incidence of prediabetes and diabetes is increasing
and imposes great burden on healthcare worldwide. Patients with
prediabetes and diabetes have significantly increased risk for
cardiovascular diseases and other complications. Currently, management
of hyperglycemia includes pharmacological interventions, physical
exercise, and change of life style and diet. Food supplements have
increasingly become attractive alternatives to prevent or treat
hyperglycemia, especially for subjects with mild hyperglycemia. This
review summarized current patents and patent applications with relevant
literature on five commonly used food supplements with claims of
hypoglycemic effects, including emblica officinalis (gooseberry),
fenugreek, green tea, momordica charantia (bitter melon) and cinnamon.
The data from human clinical studies did not support a recommendation
for all five supplements to manage hyperglycemia. Fenugreek and
composite supplements containing emblica officinalis showed the most
consistency in lowering fasting blood sugar (FBS) or glycated hemoglobin
(HbA1c) levels in diabetic patients. The hypoglycemic effects of
cinnamon and momordica charantia were demonstrated in most of the trials
with some exceptions. However, green tea exhibited limited benefits in
reducing FBS or HbA1c levels and should not be recommended for managing
hyperglycemia. Certain limitations are noticed in a considerable number
of clinical studies including small sample size, poor experimental
design and considerable variations in participant population,
preparation format, daily dose, and treatment duration. Future studies
with more defined participants, standardized preparation and dose, and
improved trial design and size are warranted.
PMID: 2232963

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by riche View Post
I Just wanna know one thing can you please suggest me some name of anti-atherogenic , anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic natural foods?
waiting for your replies
Try a big dark green leafy salad dressed with Braggs Organic Apple Cider vinegar and XXX Virgin Greek Olive Oyl (the only olives Eyetalains get is what the Greeks refuse to eat) followed by pinto beans with Corn bread. That diet can cure anything. Get one day a week as pig out day to eat what you want to get some B Vitamins. Most espcially meat. There ya go. Now shut the heck up;.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/30/2014 6:52 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> riche;1974697 Wrote:
>> I Just wanna know one thing can you please suggest me some name of
>> anti-atherogenic , anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic natural foods?
>> waiting for your replies

> Try a big dark green leafy salad dressed with Braggs Organic Apple Cider
> vinegar and XXX Virgin Greek Olive Oyl (the only olives Eyetalains get
> is what the Greeks refuse to eat) followed by pinto beans with Corn
> bread. That diet can cure anything. Get one day a week as pig out day to
> eat what you want to get some B Vitamins. Most espcially meat. There ya
> go. Now shut the heck up;.

Yep. There's way too much traffic in this group without his two posts.

Don Roberto
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"riche" > wrote in message

> I Just wanna know one thing can you please suggest me some name of
> anti-atherogenic , anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic natural foods?
> waiting for your replies

I don't even think there are any such things. Sorry. If there were, none
of us would have any of these problems. *Goes to look up the meaning of
atherogenic...*

Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds graham[_4_] General Cooking 29 10-07-2015 08:32 AM
GMO foods sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 21-11-2014 02:40 PM
Foods to help insomnia, and foods to avoid Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 25 06-06-2010 08:26 PM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 05:31 PM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy kungfuer[_2_] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 08:23 AM