Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default GMO foods

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:59:11 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "George Leppla" > wrote in message
>

> > The government involvement.... I pay less for this policy than I would if
> > I had to buy it as a stand alone. Based on my income, the government pays
> > part of my policy fee to the insurance company.

> my rates went up so **I** could subsidize your policy. But you have enough
> money to go on cruises, but you need your health insurance subsidized?

Hello? Of course he goes on cruises. He's a travel agent who sells
cruises and organizes group tours. He'd be paying someone to do what
he does if he didn't do it himself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:59:11 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "George Leppla" > wrote in message
>>

>> > The government involvement.... I pay less for this policy than I would
>> > if
>> > I had to buy it as a stand alone. Based on my income, the government
>> > pays
>> > part of my policy fee to the insurance company.

>> my rates went up so **I** could subsidize your policy. But you have
>> enough
>> money to go on cruises, but you need your health insurance subsidized?
>>

> Hello? Of course he goes on cruises. He's a travel agent who sells
> cruises and organizes group tours. He'd be paying someone to do what
> he does if he didn't do it himself.

and how many of his customers have subsidized health insurance? Or, in
reality, subsided cruising.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:26:59 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:59:11 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > > wrote:

> >> my rates went up so **I** could subsidize your policy. But you have
> >> enough
> >> money to go on cruises, but you need your health insurance subsidized?
> >>

> > Hello? Of course he goes on cruises. He's a travel agent who sells
> > cruises and organizes group tours. He'd be paying someone to do what
> > he does if he didn't do it himself.

> and how many of his customers have subsidized health insurance? Or, in
> reality, subsided cruising.

I must have missed where he said his clients have subsidized insurance
(other than the obvious medicare for those of a certain age).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:26:59 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:59:11 -0800, "Pico Rico"

>> > Hello? Of course he goes on cruises. He's a travel agent who sells
>> > cruises and organizes group tours. He'd be paying someone to do what
>> > he does if he didn't do it himself.

>> and how many of his customers have subsidized health insurance? Or, in
>> reality, subsided cruising.
>>

> I must have missed where he said his clients have subsidized insurance
> (other than the obvious medicare for those of a certain age).

he didn't but I am sure there are plenty of cruisers who do have subsidized
health care insurance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:33:12 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:26:59 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > > wrote:

> >> and how many of his customers have subsidized health insurance? Or, in
> >> reality, subsided cruising.
> >>

> > I must have missed where he said his clients have subsidized insurance
> > (other than the obvious medicare for those of a certain age).
> >

> he didn't but I am sure there are plenty of cruisers who do have subsidized
> health care insurance.

You're guessing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2014 2:33 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

>> >I must have missed where he said his clients have subsidized insurance
>> >(other than the obvious medicare for those of a certain age).
>> >

> he didn't but I am sure there are plenty of cruisers who do have subsidized
> health care insurance.

Try not to present your own opinions and surmises as facts.

Fact is that I have no way of knowing if any of my customers have any
kind of insurance or how they got it. Why would I?

And FWIW - there are times when people can go on a short cruise for less
than $200 pp. It isn't quite the luxury item that many people think it
is.
http://www.portcharlottehb.cruiseshi...050&printmap=1

OTOH... some people do buy very expensive cruises (the biggest sale I
had this year was over $70,000) but mass-market cruises are very
affordable for most (not all) people.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:33:12 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:26:59 -0800, "Pico Rico"

>> > I must have missed where he said his clients have subsidized insurance
>> > (other than the obvious medicare for those of a certain age).
>> >

>> he didn't but I am sure there are plenty of cruisers who do have
>> subsidized
>> health care insurance.
>>

> You're guessing.

I am not guessing. I am basing it on industry publications as to the income
levels of cruisers, and the subsidies provided under the ACA. There are
plenty of people getting subsidies who could afford not to if they made
choices.