Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default cabbage?

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

Usually when I cook cabbage, I throw it in the saute pan
with olive oil and somewhat fry and somewhat steam it.
Sometimes I throw it in after some bacon drippings.
and add some chopped onion.

I can't get pork chops that don't smell like the stock
yard (pig poop), so that is when I switched to Applegate's
bacon, which is really good.

I have two beautiful small organic cabbages waiting for
me in the fridg. Just perfect to fit in the saute
pan.

I am willing to be adventurous -- live dangerously.
What would you guys recommend to open my horizons
in cabbage?

I tend to fry my cabbage in bacon grease. When it's done, almost
caramelized, I add in a splash of apple cider vinegar.

Alternatively, when it's about half-done, I add some red pepper flakes,
for some oomph.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 04:12 PM
cabbage? W. Baker Diabetic 1 05-12-2013 06:06 AM
cabbage? Denise[_4_] Diabetic 0 11-11-2013 10:26 AM
Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls [email protected] General Cooking 18 06-12-2008 03:58 PM
Cabbage Egg Mix FoodBuff Recipes (moderated) 0 17-03-2008 01:40 AM