Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default cabbage?

Todd > wrote:
: Hi All,

: Usually when I cook cabbage, I throw it in the saute pan
: with olive oil and somewhat fry and somewhat steam it.
: Sometimes I throw it in after some bacon drippings.
: and add some chopped onion.

: I can't get pork chops that don't smell like the stock
: yard (pig poop), so that is when I switched to Applegate's
: bacon, which is really good.

: I have two beautiful small organic cabbages waiting for
: me in the fridg. Just perfect to fit in the saute
: pan.

: I am willing to be adventurous -- live dangerously.
: What would you guys recommend to open my horizons
: in cabbage?

: Many thanks,
: -T
Slice thin along with some onions and add some may, s&p, either a bit of
vinegar or lemon or lime juice adn enjoy some rapidly made cole slaw!

I like it microwved or sauted in small chunks with soy sauce, ginger,
garlic, onions adn a little sesame oil. Kind of fake Chinese tste. I also
like it cook ed in wedges in the water that corned beef was cooked in.

Wendy
Experienced Member

I read out from one article, recipe using Cabbage, named Ground Turkey and Cabbage Stew.

1 large head of Cabbage, chopped
1/4 chopped onion
1 can Stewed Tomatoes
1 can Tomato Sauce,
1 lb Ground turkey, 93% lean,
Seasons to taste - garlic powder; seasoning salt; pepper, chili pepper, salt, etc

Directions

Brown turkey with chopped onion; add cabbage, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasons. Cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender and some water has cooked away.

Feeling great Pleasure to share this dish with you. I hope you will try this. Have a hot winter.

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 05:12 PM
cabbage? Denise[_4_] Diabetic 0 11-11-2013 11:26 AM
Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls [email protected] General Cooking 18 06-12-2008 04:58 PM
Cabbage Egg Mix FoodBuff Recipes (moderated) 0 17-03-2008 02:40 AM
Cabbage Uncle Enrico Diabetic 17 07-06-2006 05:45 AM