Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Salmon Frittata

There was a frittata recipe posted on my Facebook and I went to the site
and found this (better than the one that led me there). Only downside
for me in this would be the 3 cups of frozen veggies, I would prefer to
use fresh veggies like broccoli and zucchini.

http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/re...eFrittata.aspx

I love frittata warmed for breakfast, cold with salad for lunch or
dinner and also anytime snacks, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> There was a frittata recipe posted on my Facebook and I went to the site
> and found this (better than the one that led me there). Only downside for
> me in this would be the 3 cups of frozen veggies, I would prefer to use
> fresh veggies like broccoli and zucchini.
>
> http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/re...eFrittata.aspx
>
> I love frittata warmed for breakfast, cold with salad for lunch or dinner
> and also anytime snacks, lol.

Looks good too. I agree about the veggies and I do like the skin and the
bones in the canned salmon so I wouldn't remove them. :-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> There was a frittata recipe posted on my Facebook and I went to the
> site and found this (better than the one that led me there). Only
> downside for me in this would be the 3 cups of frozen veggies, I would
> prefer to use fresh veggies like broccoli and zucchini.
>
> http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/re...eFrittata.aspx
>
> I love frittata warmed for breakfast, cold with salad for lunch or
> dinner and also anytime snacks, lol.

Looks good too. I agree about the veggies and I do like the skin and the
bones in the canned salmon so I wouldn't remove them. :-)

________________

I like skin and bones too. I always buy my fresh salmon with skin on.
The other night I inherited the skin from son and girlfriend as well,
lol. last week my son bought smoked salmon fillet in a vac bag and he
left the skin for me. It was awful, not a fan of that kind of smoked
salmon at the best of times. The thin slices I don't mind though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> There was a frittata recipe posted on my Facebook and I went to the site
>> and found this (better than the one that led me there). Only downside for
>> me in this would be the 3 cups of frozen veggies, I would prefer to use
>> fresh veggies like broccoli and zucchini.
>>
>> http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/re...eFrittata.aspx
>>
>> I love frittata warmed for breakfast, cold with salad for lunch or dinner
>> and also anytime snacks, lol.

> Looks good too. I agree about the veggies and I do like the skin and the
> bones in the canned salmon so I wouldn't remove them. :-)
>
> ________________
>
> I like skin and bones too. I always buy my fresh salmon with skin on. The
> other night I inherited the skin from son and girlfriend as well, lol.
> last week my son bought smoked salmon fillet in a vac bag and he left the
> skin for me. It was awful, not a fan of that kind of smoked salmon at the
> best of times. The thin slices I don't mind though.

Smoked salmon is a big item here. Alas, I don't know anyone that likes it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message ...

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

: I like skin and bones too. I always buy my fresh salmon with skin on.
: The other night I inherited the skin from son and girlfriend as well,
: lol. last week my son bought smoked salmon fillet in a vac bag and he
: left the skin for me. It was awful, not a fan of that kind of smoked
: salmon at the best of times. The thin slices I don't mind though.

Was tht a hot smoked salmon like the Northwet Soast Native Americans do or
the cold smoked lik lox and Nova Scotia salmon?

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: Smoked salmon is a big item here. Alas, I don't know anyone that likes it.

Yes you do. You know me, at least on line adn I like both the hot smoked
and the cold smoked(.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message ...

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

: I like skin and bones too. I always buy my fresh salmon with skin on.
: The other night I inherited the skin from son and girlfriend as well,
: lol. last week my son bought smoked salmon fillet in a vac bag and he
: left the skin for me. It was awful, not a fan of that kind of smoked
: salmon at the best of times. The thin slices I don't mind though.

Was tht a hot smoked salmon like the Northwet Soast Native Americans do
or
the cold smoked lik lox and Nova Scotia salmon?

Wendy

------

No idea Wendy. It looked like a fresh piece of salmon with skin but was
in a vac pack and was smoked, lol. Helpful, aren't I Ok, it looked
like this, we buy our groceries from this place:
http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/...mon-hot-smoked.
Most of our salmon, fresh and packaged, is Atlantic salmon.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message ...

: Ozgirl > wrote:

: ------

: No idea Wendy. It looked like a fresh piece of salmon with skin but was
: in a vac pack and was smoked, lol. Helpful, aren't I Ok, it looked
: like this, we buy our groceries from this place:
: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/...mon-hot-smoked.
: Most of our salmon, fresh and packaged, is Atlantic salmon.
Look at the url! I didn't have to eventry to see the picture. It said
right there, Hot smoked. that is the kind like the Nortwest Coast
Native Americans smoked over aderwood fires, not the cold smoked like the
kind we eat with bagels adn cream cheese in the USA, which was of Eastern
European origin adn maintained in the US by the Jewish immigration of the
late 19th andearly 20th century and has become a big favorite food thinly
sliced on that carby bagel. I find it can be quite good on a Wasa
cracker:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/19/2013 5:03 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "W. Baker" wrote in message ...
>
> : Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : : "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> : : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> : : I like skin and bones too. I always buy my fresh salmon with skin on.
> : : The other night I inherited the skin from son and girlfriend as well,
> : : lol. last week my son bought smoked salmon fillet in a vac bag and he
> : : left the skin for me. It was awful, not a fan of that kind of smoked
> : : salmon at the best of times. The thin slices I don't mind though.
>
> : Was tht a hot smoked salmon like the Northwet Soast Native Americans do
> : or
> : the cold smoked lik lox and Nova Scotia salmon?
>
> : Wendy
>
> : ------
>
> : No idea Wendy. It looked like a fresh piece of salmon with skin but was
> : in a vac pack and was smoked, lol. Helpful, aren't I Ok, it looked
> : like this, we buy our groceries from this place:
> : http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/...mon-hot-smoked.
> : Most of our salmon, fresh and packaged, is Atlantic salmon.
> Look at the url! I didn't have to eventry to see the picture. It said
> right there, Hot smoked. that is the kind like the Nortwest Coast
> Native Americans smoked over aderwood fires, not the cold smoked like the
> kind we eat with bagels adn cream cheese in the USA, which was of Eastern
> European origin adn maintained in the US by the Jewish immigration of the
> late 19th andearly 20th century and has become a big favorite food thinly
> sliced on that carby bagel. I find it can be quite good on a Wasa
> cracker:-)

Now you're talking.

Frittata mom0f4boys General Cooking 1 15-11-2007 03:27 PM
Zucchini Frittata Jenn Bartimus[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 07-11-2007 11:40 AM
Easy Salmon Frittata Mark Midnite Recipes (moderated) 0 14-11-2006 02:19 PM
Frittata Duckie ® Recipes 0 05-10-2005 09:10 PM